test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 11 - Mac Login Issue

Comments

• ianeasaianeasa Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    whisperor wrote: »
    Okay, I just read the most recent Batch of release note, for a fresh patch that goes into effect tomorrow on the 29th of OCT.
    NO WHERE in any of those notes was ever mentioning of our current issues with the Mac Client, nor of any issue some players are having with purchased/claimed C-store item; not in both the resolved issues and known issues lists.
    What's up with that?

I just came to post the same. This type of comunication only helps to increase the frustration of players.

Just to clarify for Cryptic: a minority can use bootcamp to login as Windows user, but that is not a solution/work around for the mayority of us.

The issue is real and its happening since two days ago. Mac users cant access your game since the start of the new season.

• ilolylyilolyly Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yep NICE very NICE , but taking my money and deliver a TRIBBLE experience and not refund , that N I C E , but you know WHY look how they work and they get so much 2014 CNV 542,4 million net income , so my char in game @ilolyly , take a look how much i invest in to FRUSTREK and still it is for you nothing GOLD MEMBER =TRASH MEMBER , all i have ask and willing to pay for , a game to enjoy and relax , not a frustration game , server not responding , login problems , every week one day , hier in Belgium , no gaming , mac graphics ,,,,,,, but still i pay and i try , try ,,, . All i want now is a total refund and let me enjoy something les painfull the FRUSTREK
    And I see hier so many , so many , they start with "Thank you ... " thank you for what ? for TRIBBLE exp , for daily server prob , for lags in graphics, i can go on and on ,
    To: Star Trek Online Development Team
    Good to hear that the team is working to solve the issues many people have been having.
    I also sincerely thank the Development team for repairing the issues with the Galaxy-X Dreadnought, now officially called the Yamato-Class Dreadnought Cruiser, as well as the official installation of the Admiralty System, and many other things such as a to-be-added Drydock System, please keep me and the Admiralty and other Alliance personnel posted.

Sincerely,
    Admiral Raneson

Man can you kiss TRIBBLE or what , they make a joke with us , mac users , and you are what ? Admiral , wake up you fool , they need our money and thats all , nice will be to ask all mac users for a total refund , is so out there , mac problems they wil never attend to , so they take our emotion and all we have for the STAR TREK exp , and use it to make a profit , they know that the same emotion wil keep us in the world of STAR TREK , we forget really fast every frustration in the game when we can be there for 30 min without problems. I personally do not pay for such thing anymore , i try , i know they wil do nothing about so i try to fund something out there better or at least .... if i pay to know why. So do not kiss TRIBBLE to the people who make about 550 millions profit a year on our backs , and by the numbers of complains you can see how much they care , and how much they do something. TRIBBLE YOU FRUSTREK , AND CRAPTIC
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Being rude and disrespectful will get you nowhere.
    We are all frustrated at being unable to play. We are all hoping for (and expecting) a quick fix.
    However, descending to insults and vitriolic attitudes does nothing for our cause.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    wow mac client problems being actually talked about on the forums, thats a new one for the last 3 years. Good luck with fixing the problem, maybe take this opportunity to look into some more problems with the mac client. Let's hope this won't become another SNIX event, where the solution stays in testing indefinitely.

How do showstopper bugs like this one, repeatedly slip by QnA?? Do you even test the mac clients in house?

the bug appears on both OS 10.10.5 and 10.11.1 for me.
  • johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    One of three things will happen:

1. This mac bug will actually inspire them to improve and maintain their mac client more.
    2. They fix the bug and thats it, and we return to sub-par quality for this game on mac
    3. They fix the bug, but start thinking about dropping mac support before the next actual expansion of the game
    7aamriW.png
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Well i hope they fix it soon as my back up plan to install windows boot camp has back fired as i can't get past the dam setup screen because i cannot get either my apple mouse or keyboard to work or the usb ones i have. Soo much easier on my old late 2009 mac than this late 2013.
  • aaaictaaaict Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Well, thanks you Cryptic for at least acknowledging that your mac client is completely down for once. We would all appreciate more updates of a repeated nature, informing us of any progress that has been made, a most importantly a ETA for a fix.

Very disappointing that no mention of this was made in the patch notes and no further communication has been received.

You were on the right track Cryptic, keep it going and don't let us down.
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Servers are down for maintenance but patch is already downloadable.

Tried to launch the game after patching it. Result is the same as before, but now the message is:

Unable to start game client: File not found
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I agree that an update would be nice. There is a lot of people here that are not able to even login to the game so of course that creates a lot of anger and frustration when there is silence. With just a quick update notification (even if the issue is not fixed yet) on a regular basis is helpful. To know that at least the problem is still being actively worked on and a priority.

I mean I am going to be honest,.. I never though I would not be able to login on STO for several days. Some people has claimed that last time this happened they couldn't login for a month... if that is true that would be terrible. =/ All I can do is hope that the issue isn't to big and difficult to fix.. and that a solutions is coming soon. ... and I will continue checking the forums every hour for an update.
  • kdaaronkdaaron Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    It now says "Unable to start game client: File not found"
    My goal is to build the strongest ship in the federation fleet
  • dandyludandylu Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Incredible, I thought that someone would actually try to fix this, but apparently, they'll just continue "looking" into it...
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Glad to see I wasn't smoking crack when I tried to fire it up on my mac. I normally use my PC client anyways.

Here's to getting it figured out soon!
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    ilolyly wrote: »
    To: Star Trek Online Development Team
    Good to hear that the team is working to solve the issues many people have been having.
    I also sincerely thank the Development team for repairing the issues with the Galaxy-X Dreadnought, now officially called the Yamato-Class Dreadnought Cruiser, as well as the official installation of the Admiralty System, and many other things such as a to-be-added Drydock System, please keep me and the Admiralty and other Alliance personnel posted.

Sincerely,
    Admiral Raneson

Man can you kiss TRIBBLE or what , they make a joke with us , mac users , and you are what ? Admiral , wake up you fool , they need our money and thats all , nice will be to ask all mac users for a total refund , is so out there , mac problems they wil never attend to , so they take our emotion and all we have for the STAR TREK exp , and use it to make a profit , they know that the same emotion wil keep us in the world of STAR TREK , we forget really fast every frustration in the game when we can be there for 30 min without problems. I personally do not pay for such thing anymore , i try , i know they wil do nothing about so i try to fund something out there better or at least .... if i pay to know why. So do not kiss TRIBBLE to the people who make about 550 millions profit a year on our backs , and by the numbers of complains you can see how much they care , and how much they do something. [CENSORED] , AND CRAPTIC

Seriously? You literally insult me, and you even swear, (hence the Censored part), and also, the Team has been working to fix the issues as much as they can. You can be critical of them, that's fine, but don't take it too far as to the point of swearing and breaking the code of conduct.
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • grigormoltovgrigormoltov Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    thanks for the post, still wait patiently :)
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Have there been any updates since the OP of this thread?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    They've done some maintenance today. They likely fixed it.
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    de_pr2.gif
  • aaaictaaaict Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Now very angry and displeased. NO UPDATES since the OP, and the patch didn't do anything, not that I was expecting it to. However a word of progress IS NEEDED . Very disappointing that there has been none.

Come on Cryptic get your act together...
  • iathoriathor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Still getting "Unable to start game client: Success" after today's patch. I did confirm that the actual client is starting up (it shows up momentarily in the Force Quit Applications window if it's open), but the client isn't writing to any of its logs before it dies, which suggests it's dying pretty early on. Nothing new or unusual in the launcher's log files.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    sf911 wrote: »
    Servers are down for maintenance but patch is already downloadable.

Tried to launch the game after patching it. Result is the same as before, but now the message is:

Unable to start game client: File not found

That is what the message said when you tried to patch to Tribble before S11 launched...
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1

That is just the normal weekly announcement that maintenance is complete... there is nothing about that that has to do with the Mac client issues.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    mhall85 wrote: »

That is just the normal weekly announcement that maintenance is complete... there is nothing about that that has to do with the Mac client issues.
    Figures....
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    de_pr2.gif
  • chrisdandorffchrisdandorff Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Anyone got an idea what to do instead? Is there still the possibility to run it on wineskin?
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Anyone got an idea what to do instead? Is there still the possibility to run it on wineskin?

Yeah go outside and explore the world and find wonders of all sorts, Or ! find another MMO to pass the time whilst Cryptic "FIX" this one :)
  • iathoriathor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    bennytrek wrote: »
    [most of long backtrace omitted]
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 18 AppKit 0x9a5fdabd -[NSWindow initWithContentRect:styleMask:backing:defer:] + 72
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 19 libmacdrv.dylib 0x774199b8 -[DesktopWindowController init] + 216
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 20 libmacdrv.dylib 0x77419af7 +[DesktopWindowController newController] + 55
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 21 libmacdrv.dylib 0x7742f15a -[VideoController initWithConfigOptions:] + 378
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 22 libmacdrv.dylib 0x7742ef29 +[VideoController newVideoController:] + 73
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 23 libmacdrv.dylib 0x77415757 -[CiderAppController init] + 215
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 24 libmacdrv.dylib 0x7741564e +[CiderAppController sharedController] + 110
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 25 libmacdrv.dylib 0x77416eb4 init_app_controller + 36
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 26 libmacdrv.dylib 0x7740c560 MACDRV_Init + 160
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 27 libntdll.dylib 0x70074614 PE_InitDLL + 180
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 28 libntdll.dylib 0x7005a48d MODULE_DllProcessAttach + 285
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 29 libntdll.dylib 0x7005d3f6 LoadLibraryExA + 502
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 30 libntdll.dylib 0x7005e4c7 LoadLibraryA + 39
    Oct 28 17:50:18 cider[12601] <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 31 libuser32.dylib 0x75c4f2a6 UserClientDllInitialize + 774

After looking at it definitely looks like a graphics problem.
    Interesting stuff. I couldn't reproduce this myself, only got the launcher stuff before your backtrace.

Actually, it looks like a library loading or init problem, given the function names at the bottom of the trace. The stuff higher in the trace (AppKit and above in the part I elided) looks like the library load is being triggered off putting together the first app window; application initialization triggered by first application window startup is a pretty common thing in Mac apps, I believe.
  • sadja4sadja4 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Thank you for the update. It's good to know that the problem is being addressed.
  • gjpipergjpiper Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    This morning's patch did not fix the problem. I get the same exact error message, still. Depressing...
    STO-Mac-Launcher-Error-20151030.gif
  • kstuartwilsonkstuartwilson Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Great to hear an update, and I hope you guys fix it soon. And how about those rewards us poor mac users lose out on? Will there be a gift in our inventories?
  • archbetharchbeth Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    While this is probably irrelevant (#Borg), whenever I test the launcher now, I *always* have to force-quit it -- as opposed to only sometimes having to do so when the game was successfully launching. (It really doesn't play nicely with the Mac, does it...)
This discussion has been closed.