test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If I upgrade a tier 5 C-store ship, would i need to buy another token to upgrade the fleet variant?

I was just about to use my free upgrade token on my free Ar'kif and suddenly wondered if I later got the fleet variant, would I need to buy another upgrade token for it or would it benefit from me already upgrading the C-store one?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Upgrade token are a per ship basis, if you get the fleet version later you'll need a second token for it as well.
  • Options
    g0rb4gg0rb4g Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    narthais wrote: »
    Upgrade token are a per ship basis, if you get the fleet version later you'll need a second token for it as well.

I thought as much, thanks for the answer. Guess I'll save the upgrade token until I can get the fleet variant then.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    No you don't, T5U unlock is for all characters that can claim that ship on the account AND for the normal AND Fleet Variants. Once unlocked you can dispose of the ship and when you Reclaim it it will have a free T5U Upgrade. Please don't dispose of Fleet Ships, for while you can get the free Upgrade to T5U, you will need to purchase the Fleet ship again. They are not reclaimable.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    No you don't, T5U unlock is for all characters that can claim that ship on the account AND for the normal AND Fleet Variants.

Well now I have conflicting information lol
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The benefit here is that the fleet version should only cost you a single fleet module compared to the four (or five) it would normally require (because you have essentially made a c-store purchase). I'd be amazed if you couldn't pick one up off the exchange for around 8million ec.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    Hmm another query comes to mind. Do tier 5 and tier 5U have different admiralty cards? If so it would be beneficial to upgrade both ships anyway (as I'm very limited on ships). Thanks for your answers guys.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Hey! I asked the same thing just recently, flip back a page or two....the consensus there was no second upgrade needed for the fleet variant, which is fair.

So in your situation all you would need one one fleet module.

But if i were you i would collect all the arkif's for the set synergy, and get the t6 fleet they just recently released.
  • Options
    I thought Mirror and Fleet had different Cards. Not sure about T5 and T5U, but if they had one for each the only way you can do it, is claim the T5, get Card, Upgrade to T5U, get another Card. Once you have a ship you cannot claim another while in your Active Berths. Fleet, Mirror, and Regular can coexist in those Berths but I believe that T5 and T5U cannot as well as Fleet T5 and Fleet T5U cannot coexist.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    That is just a link to the same question posed a few weeks ago. I stand by my statement then about the T5U Upgrade Token and it's applicability to Fleet and Regular Variants for the same Token as I stated in this thread.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Thanks mate, much appreciated.
    ltminns wrote: »
    That is just a link to the same question posed a few weeks ago. I stand by my statement then about the T5U Upgrade Token and it's applicability to Fleet and Regular Variants for the same Token as I stated in this thread.

Thanks for your help, I've upgraded the C-store ship.