test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [October 27th, 2015]

Comments

• sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    So, they took out 2 queues that barely anyone ever plays, replacing them with 2 brand new ones. And people STILL complain.

Does no one else understand that content is not being removed, it's being replaced?
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    When's that in your timezone?
    The following queues are being retired:
    Mine Trap
    The Breach

WHAT!? Why was this decision made? Mine Trap is one of my favourite queues, and with the help of the '20player' chat channel it's been popping a lot this last few weeks. Really can't understand why you would remove a queue which isn't broken. I haven't played a lot on The Breach, but I know a lot of people who do play it. This just seems crazy that you're retiring them with no warning at all.
    ​​

Wow - on a content starved MMO (which STO still is) - the Dev Team decides to retire more content. What, with the average speed of most internet connections these days are they going to trot out the old "It makes the initial download smaller" excuse out again? Sorry I don't see how this content could be considered 'substandard' given some of the other PvE queue being left in the game. I really don't understand Cryptic's constant removal of content from an MMO that is still light on content.

The idea, as Borticus stated, is to potentially improve them at some point in the future if they do get the chance. This does mean of course we lose two queues, but we are getting two queues for the Terran Reputation, so I feel it balances out.

Yeah, just like the removal of the Random Exploration missions would lead to a future Exploration system in game; or after the Doff UI revamp Al Rivera (Capt. Geko) stating it could lead to incorporating Doffing onto the STO Gateway. (What's the STO Gateway you might ask? It's the web based system that allows you to view and share info about your STO Ships, Boffs and Gear that really hasn't seen ANY development in over two years.)

So, yeah, color me skeptical when any STO game content removal is stated as "temporary" by a Dev; since that really hasn't been the case when content has been removed from STO to date - and there's been a fair amount of content removed over the last two years; and while some was not as good as the recent FE additions, it's still amazing top me they didn't repurpose some of it in the form of 'System Patrol' missions <--- Amazing those still exist as they're all Kill/Scan 5 Groups/Areas/Objects for the most part.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Mine Trap
    The Breach

WHAT!? Why was this decision made? Mine Trap is one of my favourite queues, and with the help of the '20player' chat channel it's been popping a lot this last few weeks. Really can't understand why you would remove a queue which isn't broken. I haven't played a lot on The Breach, but I know a lot of people who do play it. This just seems crazy that you're retiring them with no warning at all.
    ​​

I absolutely agree. Mine Trap and Crystalline Catastrophe/Cataclysm are the only queues I play regularly (and really enjoy). I am VERY shocked and saddened to see this in the notes! I would really miss the M-113 Salt Vampires. Nancy Crater, come home!
    Really can't understand why you would remove a queue which isn't broken. I haven't played a lot on The Breach, but I know a lot of people who do play it. This just seems crazy that you're retiring them with no warning at all.[/color]​​

These queues are being reviewed for potential improvements. I can't really say more than that at the moment, as we're not ready to commit to anything publicly, just yet.

Ultimately, we don't intend for their retirement to be permanent (but, of course, I can't even really promise that much at the moment...)

Thank you very much for clarifying! Glad to hear that the retirement is probably only temporary. Perhaps reducing the Mine Trap city size to 1/4 and making it a 5 person (instead of 20 person) queue would make it pop more often. If that's the sort of thing you're doing, you certainly have my full support!

*Gives Borticus lots of salt*

THAT should let you keep the little darlings fed while they're on holiday! :)
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    The reason the other queues aren't played is that the rewards do not justify the time spent. I myself have quit Storming the Spire, Breech, and Undine Assault because to be blunt, the mark rewards even after meeting all bonus objectives are absolute TRIBBLE. 40-60 Marks for a queue that took twice as long as IS/ISA? Yeah, no. I'm not going to waste time grinding that for pitiful returns.

If they just made the Breech enemies grant more XP as well as notable XP or EC bonuses for successful objective completion, and boosted the flat Mark gains at the end, it would have been more worthwhile. At least 80 Marks before Daily bonus per completion. Extra objectives grant EC boosts, and NPCs grant more XP than NPCs in shorter and easier queues. Advanced would grant 120 Marks before Daily bonus, and feature equally scaled up rewards to make it even worthwhile to play over Normal.

The same generally applies to all queues that last longer than an IS or ISA run by a half-competent pug, and isn't a Fleet-related queue (which are supposed to be easy for Fleet bonding experiences regardless of level). Even Borg Disconnected is thinning out due to a lack of benefit over time, and is really only still good for some Delta and Dyson marks.
  • craigsam13craigsam13 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Yes, please bring back Mine Trap, if not in its current version then maybe a smaller five person version?
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I'm sad the Breach is gone. It was one of the more entertaining queues but, as others have pointed out, long and not very rewarding. Increase the dilithium and marks reward to better reflect the time spent and I'm sure it would be played again.
  • horstpfickhorstpfick Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    • The Kamarag displays the correct UI when upgraded to a [T5-U].

Since when can you upgrade the Kamarag?

And RIP The Breach.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I really really really hope S11 will give us a new login screen - I am tired of that ugly purple Iconian sphere, I want a clear blue or green planet again pig-1.gif

The queue removal is sad, but if they are being updated I won't complain. Still I have a feeling that nobody actually acknowledges that the simple problem queues are dead is that they don't reward stuff that's worth the time and that only one map is effectively parsed via third-party tools in terms of dps.

STO needs a native damage parsing tool to end that stupid dependancy on a limited tool for those who care, possibly one that works on every map and rewards in every wueue have to be worthwhile. Int he past we had to play a queue for a specific loot drop that would lead to elite equipment - this ensured that everybody played every queue. Yes, it was a chance to drop but it's a game - we play it to have funw hile we wait for that very rare elite drop. Ever played Diablo?...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    I'm glad that NPC's now will be able to drop Industrial Replicators! After almost six years, they finally will. :) And I found the bug, haha. Great to read the patchnotes. :D
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • johncampbell07johncampbell07 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    Greetings Captains!

We will be having our regularly scheduled maintenance tomorrow 10/27 at 6AM PDT for 3 1/2 hours. You can check out our patch notes and the changes we'll be making here.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

I'm really confused. This is a copy/paste of the current announcement of the server going down for adding the new season. Can someone help me with this? (See below)

"We will be performing shard maintenance on fOctober 27th from 6-9:30 AM Pacific (13:00-16:30 UTC). Please check the forums."

When is "fOctober"? :o)
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    As has been pointed out several times, lots of content has been removed previously 'for potential improvements' never to be seen again, mine trap and breach are gone for good. Shame too, only played mine trap once or twice but breach was a personal favourite of mine, even if it was next to impossible to get a group for it. All it needed was a reward buff.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Mine Trap
    The Breach

​​
    I absolutely agree. Mine Trap and Crystalline Catastrophe/Cataclysm are the only queues I play regularly (and really enjoy). I am VERY shocked and saddened to see this in the notes! I would really miss the M-113 Salt Vampires. Nancy Crater, come home!
    Really can't understand why you would remove a queue which isn't broken. I haven't played a lot on The Breach, but I know a lot of people who do play it. This just seems crazy that you're retiring them with no warning at all.[/color]​​
    These queues are being reviewed for potential improvements. I can't really say more than that at the moment, as we're not ready to commit to anything publicly, just yet.

Ultimately, we don't intend for their retirement to be permanent (but, of course, I can't even really promise that much at the moment...)
    Thank you very much for clarifying! Glad to hear that the retirement is probably only temporary. Perhaps reducing the Mine Trap city size to 1/4 and making it a 5 person (instead of 20 person) queue would make it pop more often. If that's the sort of thing you're doing, you certainly have my full support!

I was hoping they'd use the tech they came up with for Tides of Ice on it. IE, different numbers of enemies based on how many players are in the instance.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    @ John Campbell: fOctober or Foctober is written when someone doesn't like the month October. However, the purrfanity filter prevents from writing it correctly. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    ORK-tober! WAAAAGHHHH!!! :P
  • kasrakenkasraken Member Posts: 213 Bug Hunter

Looking forward to The Breach changes (if any).

Also if you need any feedback or information about either of those queues please let me know. Our fleet has had the breach in our daily rotation, and we do the salt vampires about twice a week. I can round up comments on what aspects we like and want to see retained, or ones we didn't, your choice.

Both queue's as they are now, are a lot of fun! If the rewards were appropriate for the time spent, they would be among your most active queues.
    MacoShield_zpsus2ux3rw.png
    Operational Support Team
    Squishing Bugs for a better future
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Mine Trap
    The Breach

​​

I was hoping they'd use the tech they came up with for Tides of Ice on it. IE, different numbers of enemies based on how many players are in the instance.

Good call! That would work nicely, too!
    I'm really confused. This is a copy/paste of the current announcement of the server going down for adding the new season. Can someone help me with this? (See below)

"We will be performing shard maintenance on fOctober 27th from 6-9:30 AM Pacific (13:00-16:30 UTC). Please check the forums."

When is "fOctober"? :o)

I'm guessing that fOctober is the month when we're all fOct!
  • serhatgs1905serhatgs1905 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    add rubidium as a reward to ques that aren't played and you'll see an increase in activity in the pve.

Bout them content being removed.. well let's all just say bye bye.
    Breach I couldn't care less personally though I do know others do like it.
    Minetrap being removed annoys me since getting romulan marks isn't that easy.

still waiting on No Win Scenario to be brought back and it's been what 2 years now? The single best most challenging que this game has ever had since I've been playing. though the powercreep would make it a cakewalk this time around.

bring back No Win Scenario and a lot of my former fleet mates will jump back to play the game once again.

tactics? to pew pew or not to pew pew?!

• tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter

They'd better come back, they shouldn't be assigned to the scrapheap just because getting 20 people to queue for a mission is a pugging impossibility nowadays, I mean hell those two are some of the few queues that were actually fun to play :(
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Nice, should be all done before I get home from work!

That is of course if the servers don't explode....

Looking forward to the new FE and and updated Cardassian arc, as I purposely ignored it on tribble. :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User

Mine Trap
    The Breach

:o You just broke my heart :( I love Mine Trap, and I like The Breach. A vague promise of them perhaps coming back doesn't make me feel any better.

sinn74 wrote: »
    So, they took out 2 queues that barely anyone ever plays, replacing them with 2 brand new ones. And people STILL complain.

Does no one else understand that content is not being removed, it's being replaced?

People, who complain, play those STFs. It's not a matter of numbers to be even, but of content to not be enjoyed any more.​​
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Really can't understand why you would remove a queue which isn't broken. I haven't played a lot on The Breach, but I know a lot of people who do play it. This just seems crazy that you're retiring them with no warning at all.[/color]

I hope that mine trap makes a comeback. As others have commented, with the 20 player channel mine trap has been popping frequently lately.
    horstpfick wrote: »

And RIP The Breach.

Good catch. If that gets ingame then i KNOW where the upgrade token is going.​​
    Post edited by questerius on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Double post. merged the two. Where is the delete button when you need it.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Minetrap being removed annoys me since getting romulan marks isn't that easy.

Really? Romulan marks are the easiest to get. Can get them in Tholian Red Alerts, Romulan space patrols, & New Romulus ground missions. Can easily make 500 marks in no time at all.
  • homerwasahomerwasa Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Why is there no mention of the modual discount for the Kara fleet version they fix a bug with it but dont make it the price it should be so no one is flying it WTF
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User

Well you better bring back The Breach soon. It's one of my favorite STFs. The Breach had this old-school sci-fi feel to it, like the Death Star 2 in RotJ or The Maker in episode 8 of Hypernauts, or the PBS cartoon lineup called "The Action Zone" (ignore the TMNT opening) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIg4YeuKJlI

I hope the Breach comes back better than ever. I would love to see the Breach revamped and updated. =3

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    !0/27, check... 6 AM PDT, yep...
    And so it begins...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Really can't understand why you would remove a queue which isn't broken. I haven't played a lot on The Breach, but I know a lot of people who do play it. This just seems crazy that you're retiring them with no warning at all.[/color]

I hope that mine trap makes a comeback. As others have commented, with the 20 player channel mine trap has been popping frequently lately.

And RIP The Breach.

Good catch. If that gets ingame then i KNOW where the upgrade token is going.​​

Prepare to be disappointed. That line about the Kamarag upgrade most likely refers to its fleet version. And yes, it had some issues with the HUD.

Here's my question: Since you guys fixed this one, why no the Fleet T5U K't'inga? Terrible model, missing icons all over the place. A Connie for a HUD icon, a BoP for the ship list and a square for the team list...

Can we please show the original Klingon ship some love?
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    !0/27, check... 6 AM PDT, yep...
    And so it begins...

There is a hole in your mind... ;)B)
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Here's my question: Since you guys fixed this one, why no the Fleet T5U K't'inga? Terrible model, missing icons all over the place. A Connie for a HUD icon, a BoP for the ship list and a square for the team list...

Can we please show the original Klingon ship some love?

Amen!

I am holding out hope that they will eventually come out with a T6 K't'inga, and while they are in the process of doing that, fix the lower tiered ship problems.... the skin(s) , icons, the ancient nacelle bug, etc. Have money already set aside for when or if that day comes.

-AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • rekeebrekeeb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I see these people complaining about queues being removed .... funny, I never see more than 1 or 2 in pretty much ANY queue nowadays. For me, personally, outside of daily Iconian marks, STF are not worth my time. The rewards do not justify the effort. I run standard and advanced - sorry, not spending real $$ to upgrade a ship to be able to survive elite.

Let's also keep one other thing in mind, folks .... hundreds of thousands (millions?) of players, of which about 1% actually post in the forums (even then, I feel I'm being generous). I've played since FTP started - bet I haven't hit 50 forum posts. yet.

I see at least 10 people here, in this thread, saying they LOVE playing Mine Trap ..... Odd, considering once you scroll past "featured" queues, it's almost ALL 0 people queue'd. I check - daily - because at times, I want to STF .... sadly, the majority feel as I do about effort to reward ratio.

Anyhoo, I hope everyone has a great time with Season 11:A New Dawn - and I sincerely hope that maintenance doesn't last 2 days and break everything .....

Seemed to run okay on Tribble, except, no Dry Dock, and no new Cardassian episodes available.

*fingers crossed*
    Fleet Battle Cruiser Presto
    T6 Tac Command Battlecruiser Roll The Bones
    Xindi Aquatic Narcine Dreadnaught Carrier Different Stages
    IVXX Senior Officer