test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space maps crashing in preview (small asteroid field?)

duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
I've been encountering a lot of crashes when trying to load the space maps for my upcoming mission. Here's the debug prompt that came up during one of them.

Bug.png

I've been playing around with a few things (getting rid of custom ships, moving assets around, changing sky layers, force veryifying, reinstalling, running with Arc) but what's seemed to lick the problem (for the moment anyway) is getting rid of some of the small asteroid field volumes. I'm not sure which one it was (besides one of the S types) but there may be a problem with a content file (at least when it comes to the Foundry preview, I didn't want to try releasing this on holodeck without thorough troubleshooting.)
Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    TRIBBLE, still happening....except that instead of just crashing I get a SNR, which freezes (which is where crashes used to happen) then after 20-30 seconds the mission eventually continues on.

...we'll see how this responds on holodeck in not too long...

The other thing I'll add here is that this only affecting one of my missions. I've got another two I can test out and they're both fine right now. The only difference I can make out right now is the use of asteroids (affected space maps have them, non-affected ones do not).
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Bug Basher Here!

Couple Questions, so I can do some testing.

Was this a completely custom Space map or were you modifying a premade map?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Well it's partially Confirmed.

Created a Blank Map and Dropped a single Small Field and am getting SNR'ed, Still testing

Only had it happen once... Gonna keep trying
  • Options
    Fully Confirmed!

I placed a single Debris - Chunky Field S 01 on a blank map and was able to get a single SNR. got nothing on the other tests.

I then tested the others and got bupkis, but when I placed 10 of them on a single map, I got a game-client crash.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    primar13 wrote: »
    Was this a completely custom Space map or were you modifying a premade map?

Completely custom, and here's a few other details.

It's spotty whether or not a given bugged map will load when testing it directly but transferring onto it from another map almost always kills the game.

Chunky Field S 03 also confirmed. Had problems on one, removed it, now it loads just fine.
  • Options
    elijahthomasstoelijahthomassto Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I've experienced exactly the same bug. Once I deleted the Chunky Field S's, left the mission, and re-entered, it previewed fine.
    Foundry Missions by @ElijahThomas

e3e7b26f-fe46-407a-9b30-9b78e5b43584_zps7b329b80.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    One more thing I'll add: large chunky field does not (as yet) appear to be a problem in the editor or on holodeck.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
  • Options
    Confirmed and Submitted internally by the STO Quality Assurance Team!

#Progress!
This discussion has been closed.