test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dry Docking Is Coming!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Dry Docking is an exciting new feature which allows you to store your hard-earned ships for the long term with the convenience of a few clicks, opening up Ship Slots!

Learn more about our new feature here.

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Nice feature.
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• karr007karr007 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    What about the starting number of slots and the prices?
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youre-awesome-and-you-know-it.png
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    What exactly is "a handful" and "many more" ??? And what kind of hand are we talking about ? Human ? Klingon ? Gorn ? So many questions.... :p

Oh, but overall a nice feature. :)
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    So (provisionally) happy at this news :smiley:

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    Dry Docking is an exciting new feature which allows you to store your hard-earned ships for the long term with the convenience of a few clicks, opening up Ship Slots!

Learn more about our new feature here.

~LaughingTrendy

And here's the big question:

Will all our previously claimed/earned ships (via any means such as EC, Dilithium, Lockbox or Zen), be able to be reclaimed, and put it into Drydock? I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt forced into dismissing an old ship, to make room on the roster.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    "Exciting" is a bit of a stretch, but it's nice. QUESTION: Will we have access to Admiralty versions of ships in Dry Dock? I know we'll be granted Admiralty cards when we first open the DOff menu, but assuming we have Dry Dockd a ship BEFORE that, will we have access to it?
  • rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    So basically.. "Item Claim" Is a feature you guys wanna charge for.

Since this is technically "Item Claim". This isn't even any form if ship storage.. it's IDENTICAL to Item Claim. Except you're selling slots for it.

What's with all the Reskinned UI stuff being passed off as "content" lately? The "Admirality" system, which "Isn't the doff system" but doffs glitch into in the foundry... Now Item claim. With Slots.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Interesting feature, but it would have been nice if the equipment had stayed on the vessel.

Are saved load outs for the ships retained when they are dry-docked?​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    :+1: in fact double :+1::+1: .​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    what exactly is so awesome or nice with this feature??? i mean the idea behind is nice yea, but DRYDOCKSLOTS?! so to free up SHIPSLOTS we have to buy DRYDOCKSLOTS?? If thats the case i can just buy additional Shipslots and let the Ships active, so whats the Point???? There should be no limited Drydockslots bla bla, every ship that we dont need active should be "parked" to free up the space.

Sorry but i dont buy this, NOT even for a DOLLAR.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Excellent... Now we can keep our Mirror Ships, Lock Box Ships, Event Ships, Mission Ships (Ambassador/Kamarag) and so forth that we can't reclaim if we discard them, but won't have to worry about them taking up slots in our active roster.

"Well played, Clerks. Well played, indeed..."
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    In a nutshell: ship bank.

I see that all equipment is removed when a ship gets "dried".

Mmmm... I can live with that :smile:

THANK YOU! :smiley:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
    You get some slots free and if you need more you can buy them, what is the problem?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    what exactly is so awesome or nice with this feature??? i mean the idea behind is nice yea, but DRYDOCKSLOTS?! so to free up SHIPSLOTS we have to buy DRYDOCKSLOTS?? If thats the case i can just buy additional Shipslots and let the Ships active, so whats the Point???? There should be no limited Drydockslots bla bla, every ship that we dont need active should be "parked" to free up the space.

You can still use the slots that come for free, so you gain something anyway, even if it doesn´t excite you much.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    'Tis good news, this.

Do we have to worry about Space Moths nibbling on our stored ships? Or do we have to purchase giant moth balls from Ferengi merchants? :wink:
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    HIIEEEGH!

Damn. You guys had me until you unequipped all the gear. That feature right there basically makes it useless to me. It will of course be very very useful to those players with a squadron of Lobi ships that can't just be dismissed, so this does have solid utility, but for me, taking that gear off kills its effectiveness.

On the monetary side, of course it's a way to sell more inventory and bank slots, but seriously. Taking the gear off is a massive pain in the aft. Especially for such a long time requested feature.

It also makes no sense from an in story perspective as a ship in dry dock isn't stripped of all its gear unless its being re/retro-fitted. This is more like mothballing the ships. Yes that's right, they're mothballing the Starfleet. Strip them down to nothing and put them in storage, but not in the way you can just pop over to the nearest starbase and pick them up though.

Still glad to see the feature in some form, and since this is an MMO, things are always subject to changes, tweaks, and upgrades in the future. :smile:

There wouldn't happen to be a cinema moment for putting the ships in and out of Drydock would there?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User

It's nice because it's still free/discounted ship slots that won't clutter your active shiplist. Even though you can't use them as pseudo-bank, it's still has a potential to be a good deal, at least for some people.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    This will be perfect for storing Mirror ships and Lobi/Lockbox ships mainly. Not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

I'd still rather buy regular Ship slots in order to have more ships used as rep set storage ships though. Would have been nice if the space used for this was dedicated instead to expanding the current ship slot limits and redoing the Ship Selection UI.
  • sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    This is pretty interesting. I think I might just use it. But question; do ships in your ship selection list get automatically drydocked or no?

EDIT: After reading the blog, I saw " store your hard-earned ships for the long term", so that means it only stores ships you aren't using on a long-term basis, so.... yeah, we most likely can keep our ship selection ships unlike Drydocked ships which are owned, but can't be used unless activated. That makes alot of sense.
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    I'd use it, but I will not buy more slots.​​
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • crypticbatsoupcrypticbatsoup Member Posts: 25 Cryptic Developer
    questerius wrote: »
    Interesting feature, but it would have been nice if the equipment had stayed on the vessel.

Are saved load outs for the ships retained when they are dry-docked?​​

Yup, load outs will still be there when a ship is pulled out of dry dock.
    Today is a good day to fix bugs.
    Oh, I am fainting a Developer posted oh I see Stovokor calling me

• bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Same set up as Pirates of the Burning Sea for anyone that played that game.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    I like it. It is a nice compromise for more ship storage while getting around the database storage problem with dozens upon dozens of individual constumes and items that need to be stored enabling us to have potentially an infinite number of ships.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    Oh, I am fainting a Developer posted oh I see Stovokor calling me

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it. ;)​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    On tribble this feature was active for a while(just the information about available drydock slots). It shown 8 drydock slots, maybe this is "handful" but I have no idea what is "many more" for gold subscribers.

I also have a question: what will happen with loadouts on the drydocked ship?
    Gameserver not found.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    How exactly is this better than expanding the number of possible ship slots? If I have to recustomize everything after taking the ship out of drydock I can just as easily discharge the respective ship and reclaim it if I ever want to fly it again. In my opinion this is a useless feature.
  • lieutenantusherlieutenantusher Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Could be a nice QoL improvement, could be something I never use. I look forward to seeing it in action.
This discussion has been closed.