Design Your Ship Final Round [Alpha Vs Omega]

Comments

• dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Alpha.

Lesser of 2 evils.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Both sides, drop the argument. I have no problem in putting out a temp or even perma bans to the next person that makes an inflammatory post against someone.
  • whisperorwhisperor Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Hmmm....this is a tough one. I was originally going to vote Alpha but didn't like the hull/saucer design on the latest drawing; looked too bulky when compared to Omega. However do like the engine and nacelle design and placements of the Alpha better than the Omega.
    We should just pressure Perfect World to make both designs available and let us players customize the vessel to their liking.

OFF TOPIC:
    Just a thought came to me. There this one person, Spencer Perdriau, who (decades ago) came up with his own design for what he felt the Enterprise should've looked like; it's techically revolutionary yet old school design has become quite popular as time went by. Perhaps Perfect World could contact this Spencer Perdriau and and strike a deal to make his ship design available for STO.
  • captainknight88captainknight88 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    Both sides, drop the argument. I have no problem in putting out a temp or even perma bans to the next person that makes an inflammatory post against someone.

Speaking argument, We would like to know if you know what is going to happen in the Build part if they told you anything about it? I'm new to forum did not know if I had to ask you directly or just post to ask you this, as I did on page 8.
  • xcrimsinxxcrimsinx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    More classic ships need to be made. These "love boat" cruise ships are ugly and unrealistic. Stop with the TRIBBLE and get back to tactical style ships.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User

Speaking argument, We would like to know if you know what is going to happen in the Build part if they told you anything about it? I'm new to forum did not know if I had to ask you directly or just post to ask you this, as I did on page 8.
    We're going to be running the build part over with you guys as we outfit it. Sadly this means that the ship will not in fact get 42 seats.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    millybun wrote: »
    Omega's definitely got the makings of a Starfleet carrier without some of the more generic Starfleet starship details Alpha has, in my opinion.

I mean, look at those hangers! Also, Jupiter!

Though I do like some of the bits on the Alpha, like the nacelles, but still, Omega's got a lot going on for it, visually.

Yeah...huge hangars begging to get a beam shoved up :p
  • vulcancardasianvulcancardasian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Alpha is soooooo much better better looking.
  • caleb143caleb143 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I agree. We were asked to help the ship's design come together from many initial designs, and I for one Liked the way this contest was carried out. The only issue I had was in voting for the semifinals and final. I voted on all the winners, and picking my faves of the faves was the hardest choice. In the End, Omega takes my vote due to it having the right mix of Federation -style elegance, and a tactically inspired design of harder to hit. Are there parts of designs I liked better on other ships? Yes! a Thousand times yes! But that's how it goes :smiley: The harder the choice, the better the payout.

Just please, do not make it as slow in turning as the Atrox. Love the ship, but I couldn't stand its turn. (my opinion, likely not the opinion of others, but I'm spoiled with having the Karfi and the Atrox)
    tumblr_o0xkrlVud21uuxsqjo1_1280.png
  • maxfive00maxfive00 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Vote Team Omega.Not Team Arrow.Not Team Flash.Team Omega for the win.
  • wakeoflovewakeoflove Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I'd take pieces of every ship they have had in the running and build it from there. Let us Kitbash like a true trekie modeler usually has to, hell I'll even simplify it. I'll merely use the bits we have been given here.

I prefer Alpha's Top half of the saucer. That Includes it's mission pod. There is a start. Beta has a really nice secondary hull, so I'll use that. Gamma's got a solid lower primary hull, add that. Delta's hind end of it's secondary hull slapped onto the back of Beta's hull to provide a bit more chunkiness and flow, not to mention standard shuttle bays for diplomatic missions. IF we must have a quad engine design I really prefer the symmetry of Epsilon's engines, and the fact they're straight. Enough curved engines. I'd rather not warp to New Romulus Initial D style. Theta really didn't do anything for me at all so I didn't bother taking anything but the tip of it's saucer from it so I didn't end up with two deflector dishes. Sigma is just a Epsilon with curved engines.. so yeah really didn't take anything from that one. Finally i think everyone seems to have liked Omega's fighter bays. Threw those in. Using my crappy MS Paint Skillz I have created something I could probably stand to fly.

2rcvr6w.png

You give us the pieces, a limited budget and some racing stripes and we'll make some of the most Iconic looking ships that people not into Star Trek can recognize. Give me twenty minutes with this computer patching your game since noon and the pictures you provided and I can make this. No I don't call this Iconic at all. Hell if I had a choice I'd probably be different but like Burt Gummer, I do what I can, with what I got.

I look forward to seeing your high-rez renders. Get on it.
    NebulaOdyssey1_zpsqjc6anjg.jpg
    The Nebula-configured Odyssey needs to be a thing.
  • wakeoflovewakeoflove Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    maxvitor wrote: »
    And now we resort to attacking each other, ya.....whatever. I honestly don't for a minute believe this contest was as open to chance as people would like to believe, I think we have gone in a direction that was planned from the start.
    If people enjoy this design as it is, more power to them. I don't wish them ill. But it really doesn't appeal to me, not in a way that would make me spend money. Frankly the Command ships were perfectly suited to be outfitted as carriers, having the necessary bulk while still retaining a stylish Starfleet look. We didn't need a ship that looks like a household appliance with holes cut in it, but there are those that for some unfathomable reason like the Jupiter abomination, and I think all of this is meant to appease them. They may have it, but I suspect once they get it, they won't be happy with it. Cryptic has yet to produce a ship that really satisfies peoples expectations.

I agree that the command ships were a missed opportunity for a federation carrier, they have two hangar doors in the neck and are very bulky ships, but oh well, at least we're finally getting a federation built carrier. And I don't mind it taking less than typical federation design aesthetic. The defiant did when it introduced the first starfleet vessel specifically designed as a combat vessel, I thought it was terribly ugly at first, but it grew on me. So I'm giving omega the opportunity to grow on me.

What with those giant, open, forcefielded hangars, perhaps the caitians were heavily involved in the construction and their design aesthetic mixing with typical federation design produced this creature. There does appear to be a suspicious abundance of windows, after all.
    NebulaOdyssey1_zpsqjc6anjg.jpg
    The Nebula-configured Odyssey needs to be a thing.
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    wakeoflove wrote: »
    What with those giant, open, forcefielded hangars, perhaps the caitians were heavily involved in the construction and their design aesthetic mixing with typical federation design produced this creature. There does appear to be a suspicious abundance of windows, after all.

Hmm you might be on to something there. After all, cats just looove to sit in the window and staaaare. (=^.^=)

They also love boxes. So a ship with a lot of windows = best of both worlds ^^
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Wow its that the old 1701D tech manual?

Yes.

I still remember that I had to order it at my book store. And it took weeks to arrive, and I came by regularly to ask whether it was there already and leave disappointed. To finally have it in my hands...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • shadowfox317shadowfox317 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    #TeamOmega... :D OMEGA! OMEGA!! OMEGA!!!
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega for me , it looks good i say =)
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Neither option somehow impressed me , but the alpha is the best of the worst . But it is still far behind the design , for example, Regent or Intrepid .
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Thank you for keeping us updated Trendy. And for keeping things in line. It's just a ship guys. They're letting us have some input, so let's have fun with it.

Even if the majority are voting for a flying pancake (I kid I kid xD)
    5rFUCPd.png

• iluvcanadaehiluvcanadaeh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I don't see this as getting the Jupiter class, that is a dreadnought. The difference between Alpha and Omega are pretty minimal, but I like the edges and the side opening of the Omega. Also, stop saying Omega because you want a Jupiter, Omega will not be the Jupiter, Omega is a carrier, Jupiter is a dreadnought, get it right!
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    44% + 55% = 99%, not 100%. :tongue:

Silly rounding fail is silly.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Silly repeating the word silly is silly. :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha

We're going to be running the build part over with you guys as we outfit it. Sadly this means that the ship will not in fact get 42 seats.

Is there anyway to convince the devs/designers or whoever makes the decisions to have both ships made?
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    You could kinda tell from the beginning that this is how the voting would end. These two ships are very very similar looking and they're named Alpha and Omega and with this crowd that kind of not so subtle subconscious naming works wonders.

There weren't really 8 distinct ships anyway there were 4 ships with variants. I assume whichever looses will be available as an alternate option via a method separate from the winner.

I did really dig the Epsilon and it's brother so I hope they reappear at some point maybe as a Fed Destroyer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    kelettes wrote: »

Hmm you might be on to something there. After all, cats just looove to sit in the window and staaaare. (=^.^=)

They also love boxes. So a ship with a lot of windows = best of both worlds ^^

Except Schrödinger's cat. That lil guy has been trying to leave the box for decades...
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega

I have held to this hull design from the beginning. I really really do not like the pylons and nacelles and hope for customization options. I don't buy ships I don't like the look of even if the ship is uber or flavor of the X. Developer beware. But Omega is the only one that says it's a carrier.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    As others have mentioned. I would prefer to have all of the pieces available for a kit-bash of my own. Does anyone remember the old Starship Creator from... I have no clue how long ago that was. If the ships are going up for purchase, I would say sell them all as costumes for a particular ship. If not and they will be given away in-game some how. Then give up ways of unlocking all of the pieces so we can truly create our own ship design from all of the pieces from the polls. When can we expect Klingon and Romulan offerings for voting?

As much as I am not a huge fan of fleet projects. How about having different projects to unlock the different ships and their pieces? Unfortunately, that would force players into joining fleets but that hasn't stopped PWE in the past. Each ship style could be an account-wide reward for new content in the upcoming season 11. Either way. It should be hard to find a way to give us all the choices we would like to see, instead of being stuck with what has unfortunately won.
  • picardcrusherpicardcrusher Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    oh gaak... the ugly flat sided beast is winning. Well Okay, maybe we can save alpha for a FED dreadnaught battle-carrier then... with Pilot skills.

Nerfing is Fraud...
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    I'd take pieces of every ship they have had in the running and build it from there. Let us Kitbash like a true trekie modeler usually has to, hell I'll even simplify it. I'll merely use the bits we have been given here.

I prefer Alpha's Top half of the saucer. That Includes it's mission pod. There is a start. Beta has a really nice secondary hull, so I'll use that. Gamma's got a solid lower primary hull, add that. Delta's hind end of it's secondary hull slapped onto the back of Beta's hull to provide a bit more chunkiness and flow, not to mention standard shuttle bays for diplomatic missions. IF we must have a quad engine design I really prefer the symmetry of Epsilon's engines, and the fact they're straight. Enough curved engines. I'd rather not warp to New Romulus Initial D style. Theta really didn't do anything for me at all so I didn't bother taking anything but the tip of it's saucer from it so I didn't end up with two deflector dishes. Sigma is just a Epsilon with curved engines.. so yeah really didn't take anything from that one. Finally i think everyone seems to have liked Omega's fighter bays. Threw those in. Using my crappy MS Paint Skillz I have created something I could probably stand to fly.

2rcvr6w.png

You give us the pieces, a limited budget and some racing stripes and we'll make some of the most Iconic looking ships that people not into Star Trek can recognize. Give me twenty minutes with this computer patching your game since noon and the pictures you provided and I can make this. No I don't call this Iconic at all. Hell if I had a choice I'd probably be different but like Burt Gummer, I do what I can, with what I got.

I look forward to seeing your high-rez renders. Get on it.

... UH... >.> ...I think the carrier would be out long before I could DRAW the thing low rez.
  • makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    You know, since we're losing, I've been thinking, maybe I need to embrace my new pancake carrier. I bet I could land that sucker in the water at Risa and power board right out of those wide bays. ..
    5rFUCPd.png