test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to get a BOff out of 'bridge officer candidates' screen to inventory?

officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
I'm leveling a character and the level rewarded BOffs go straight into my 'bridge officer candidates' screen when i specifically filled up my roster to have my leveling BOffs go to my inventory.

Now ive seen leveling BOffs go straight into my inventory before on other characters so i feel this can be completely random.

What can I do to prevent this or move them to inventory?

Thank you!

Comments

• admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    If you make them into a training manual, they go into your inventory. Of course, they are no longer Boffs then, but if that isn't a problem, there you go. :)

Not sure otherwise. At least a manual is useful.

Qapla.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Boffs only go into inventory if the candidate roster is full. You can't manually move boffs from the candidate roster to inventory.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    also... it seems to be the doff missions for recruiting them that make them go to inventory. Other methods don't.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Warpangel said:
    "Boffs only go into inventory if the candidate roster is full. You can't manually move boffs from the candidate roster to inventory."

I tried to say in my original post that my roster IS full, but the overflow is landing in the "bridge officer candidate" screen instead of the inventory. I'm not trying to move them from roster, i nlknow thats not possible.

And I want to emphasize that im about 99% sure ive seen leveling BOffs go to inventory before.

Thanks.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Hm... Which roster did you fill up, officerbatman, just the crew roster or both the crew and candidate roster? Because as long as there's space in the candidate roster, level up BOffs will default to there without giving you a choice in the matter.

If you have both your crew (commissioned BOffs) and candidate rosters full, though, the game will send any level-up-granted BOffs to your overflow bag and you can move them to inventory from there.

Though... if you don't mind my asking, why do you want your candidate in your inventory, anyway?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    Usually only doff recruited boffs will land in your inventory, provided you choose the option of not now instead of join now!

Otherwise, pretty much ever other way of obtaining them, puts them automatically into your reserve list, and once they are there, they cannot be put into inventory for trade/resale.

However, you can make manuals out of them if you so choose!

tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

Turbomagnus, it is just my crew roster full not candidate box.

I had the idea of taking some choice romulan/reman BOffs from my throwaway toon and giving it to my romulan/reman toons since the choice ones are either super super extremely rare from doffing or expensive on the exchange.

Is there a way i can also fill up my candidate roster box?

Thanks
  • johnthomas02johnthomas02 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    You can email BOFFs from your candidate roster box to yourself and then claim them from the email. That will put them in your inventory.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    I did something similar when I was assembling my all-Reman/Lethean, all-Orion and all-Gorn crews for some characters, so know what you mean on that.

As to filling up your Candidate Roster, there's several ways; buy cheap BOff candidates from the Exchange and put them in your candidate roster is one, using the in-game mail to send BOff candidates from one character to another of the same faction is another, and then there's the "Evaluate (race) (career) Bridge Officer Applicant" DOff assignments that reward BOffs - all you have to do is just tell them 'not now' and if they end up in inventory, right-click and select "Move to Candidate Roster" to put them there.

When your candidate roster is filled up, any further candidates - including those rewarded from levelling up - should go either into your inventory or into your Overflow Bag.

Fair warning, however, there seems to be a small glitch with the Overflow Bag where it won't let you claim the candidate; just bring up the main menu (esc key) and select 'Change Character' to go to the character select screen, then bring the character you were just playing right back up, you should be able to claim the candidate from Overflow and into your inventory then.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    Sounds good, thank you!
    Ruinthefun, unless im wrong you cannot mail/exchange a boff unless its in your inventory. You cant give it to another toon if its stuck in candidate purgatory.

Update: with my active roster full, i was able to fill up my candidate box with cheap TRIBBLE boffs, the max is 15, so that my level ups go to inventory (hopefully), and they can be sent to my other toon.
    Hmm.... you used to be able to drag them from the boff list to the mail, soo... try that?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    Ruinthefun, unless im wrong you cannot mail/exchange a boff unless its in your inventory. You cant give it to another toon if its stuck in candidate purgatory.

That is incorrect. You can mail a boff directly from your candidate roster to another character by just dragging it from the roster to the mail your are sending. You do need to be at a mailbox though. Trust me, I do it all the time. It does not need to be in your inventory.

sstosig2.png
    Ah snap, no kidding!? Wow i didnt know, awesome!
    Ill try that.

Btw, same subject.....can i do this method to send D'vex to my roms who deleted him because they cant reclaim him?
  • walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    I don't think so. You can't mail the Jem'hadar or Hiearchy boff so I am assuming its the same for all mission Boffs. I have never tried though.
    sstosig2.png
    Ah snap, no kidding!? Wow i didnt know, awesome!
    Ill try that.

Btw, same subject.....can i do this method to send D'vex to my roms who deleted him because they cant reclaim him?

Odd, I have been able to reclaim D'vex even though i trashed him on multiple toons!

I just need re-run the episode he is rewarded from is all.

The same is true of the Jem'Hadar. you can get another each time you play the mission. But he's still bound.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Now your blowing my mind, D'vex is reclaimable?!?!.

I thought he wasnt, there are many threads here that discuss him being the opposite, a one shot deal. I think i even saw that he wasnt listed a a replay reward.

Maybe it was changed. Ill have to check that out tonight!
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Think you may be getting confused with Tovan, the guy who never shuts up and is always speaking out of place.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Mail works as well as putting them on the exchange and then removing them. Once they are in your inventory, you cannot move them around. So when I claim them, I make sure my inventory is full except for the spot I want them to go. I usually stack my boffs all at the bottom of my inventory.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    About D'vex, forum post from sept '14 saying not reclaimable.
    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12057081#Comment_12057081
    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12057081#Comment_12057081

Despite what was listed, he was still available for me to obtain more than once, as I got rid of him a long time ago, only to now want him again for ground use.

And, it allowed me to re-obtain him again!!!

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    To answer the original question, where the Boff goes depends on how you answer the question to join when he's awarded.

When you are awarded the BoFF you have two options you can click, 'Join,' and 'Not Now.'

If you click Not Now, the BoFF goes to inventory. This will occur even if your roster has open slots.

If you click Join, the Boff goes to your Active Roster. If your Active Roster is full, he goes to the Candidates list.

To force a BoFF to Inventory, select 'Not Now' when you're awarded the officer.

If the Boff is a mission reward and bound to you, then clicking Not Now still puts him in the Candidate Roster. The exception here is the Voth Officer from Reputation and the Hierarchy Boff from the DR arc. Selecting 'Not Now' for them puts them in a bound to character box in your inventory.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Perhaps we should first ask this person what is the problem or issue they are trying to solve. I understand what they are wanting to do but I don't understand why they want to do it? If we understood the nature of your request perhaps the community could be more helpful to finding a solution for you.

All bridge officer candidates can be viewed from the STATIONS tab and if the Candidate Roster is full of 15 officers they will deposit to your inventory. This however will not let you stick them in a bank slot like common inventory, as Cadets deserve good postings who value their skills with a crew who can grow their experience. If you want to allow other fine officers the ability to make use of their talents you may list their unique skills on the EXCH, trade to other players, or mail their profile requisition form to another one of your captains.

Hit U | Goto STATIONS tab | SHOW officer candidates

Once there you have a dialog open you are then able to move their profile requisition form onto the exchange, trade or mail interface terminal user interface.

Kind Regards!

0zxlclk.png
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015

Despite what was listed, he was still available for me to obtain more than once, as I got rid of him a long time ago, only to now want him again for ground use.

And, it allowed me to re-obtain him again!!!

I should perhaps try and clarify this point: Some rewards will not allow items to be claimed more than once. When you decomissioned or disband an item it will reset to an unclaimed state. If you wish to see this behavior visit the DILITHIUM | STORE if you have the Universal Elachi Kit Module, Crystalline Energy Torpedo, or Kobali Warp Core / Singularity for example. Some items will only let you claim 1 per character, if you have the Elachi Kit Module you can only equip 1, if it's in your kit you may claim another but it only fills your inventory. The Kobali Warp Core for example allows you to only 'equip' 1 item, it does allow you to claim the item to equip it on a ship, yet you can then then claim it again and equip on another--you still only equip 1 item on any active ship.

Similarly DEVELOPERS allow players to RECLAIM past EVENT SHIPS in the REPUTATION | EVENT | STORE if you've created a new chracter that never earned a ship that was unlocked on an account. You may claim a Kobali Samsar Cruiser on a new chracter or different character who never earned the reward, provided another chracter on the account has unlocked this benefit on an account. That character will not however be able to claim the ship multiple times to equip different ships with the 4 piece set bonus--you would have to manually move using loadout slots you've earned or purchased when you are at Port.

Cryptic does treat players very good and in a manner that is both fair and consistent. I realize some people have different expectations that may vary widely, yet it's nice to see players who appreciate the work they do for the community, to bring us a game and science fiction environment (that inspires designers & engineers) we enjoy.

Kind Regards...
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    I think i made myself clear on what my objective was, and someone was able to help solve that, so that matter is closed.

On your second wall you said a lot about stuff neither of which addressed getting D'vex back.

Thanks though on your broad general information.