test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sittable ESD Chair Question

elijahthomasstoelijahthomassto Member Posts: 53 Arc User
I don't know for sure whether this is a bug or something that is working as intended and is just annoying. :p

I'm using one of the ESD Sittable Chairs in my current project and have managed to build a trigger based on sitting on the chair (using a carefully placed reach marker). The trigger then produces a popup dialog, but the dialog doesn't appear until the player stands up again. The intent is to have the player join some dignitaries for dinner and to move through dialogs at the table.

Is this how its supposed to work? or is this a bug? if it's a bug is it limited to the foundry or does it continue into publish?
Foundry Missions by @ElijahThomas

e3e7b26f-fe46-407a-9b30-9b78e5b43584_zps7b329b80.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    Yeah, I tried this when those chairs first came out. What happens is that the sitting state suppresses any interactions or dialog boxes. As far as I can tell, this is how the engine works. Note that Cryptic always uses cut scenes when they want a scene with the player sitting down.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Yup, Sitting is an Animation, and Animations disable Popups during that time.
  • Options
    elijahthomasstoelijahthomassto Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Thanks for your responses.

That is quite frustrating in this particular context, but I suppose it shouldn't be such a big thing to work around.
    Foundry Missions by @ElijahThomas

e3e7b26f-fe46-407a-9b30-9b78e5b43584_zps7b329b80.jpg
This discussion has been closed.