test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

for those who tested on tribble: questions about the Guramba/Kolasi

hey,

2 questions:
is the Javelin finally working?
Last times i checked it was not able (no, not simply missing!) to do dmage to several objects/structures like Borg Gates

Are Pet Commands working now?

Comments

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    Unless they did covert testing, these T6 ships were never on Tribble to be tested.
  • Options
    patientnr0patientnr0 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    no, but the guramba and tons of carriers are available.
    they all use the same "AI" and mechanics so maybe some one tested it
  • Options
    hmmm the Javelin still seems to miss the ISA-Gate every single time. I've never seen a single hit. On CE it hits, but not more than 2 Dmg. Same goes for Pets with Coordinated Assault and BO: 2 dmg
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    I have not hit the ISA Gate but I've hit the nanite transformer with a 507k hit, a Tarantula with a 300ishk hit and some D'deridex with 140somethingk hit ... it doesn't seem to miss to me
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    i have no problems on hitting things, problem is that some things still seems to be completely immune. Gates in KASE had the same Problem
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    Gotta remember to try it on some gate
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    Are you firing on the gate from a stationary Guramba/Kolasi at near max weapon range? If so, get closer. The Javelin seems to require 10km or less from model center-point of your ship to model center-point of the gate, i.e. where do Grav Wells and the like spawn on the Gates? Near the top center. Other weapons seem to operate on range from center-point of your ship to anywhere on the target. I think the Javelin's difference is probably related to the firing animation.
  • Options
    aaaah i'll check that, but normally i'm at 4km or so. But maybe the angle isn't right,too. Mines or Plasmatorps sometimes have similar problems
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Unless they did covert testing, these T6 ships were never on Tribble to be tested.

Hey, YO, AZURIANSTAR!
    I really like that name you got there AZURIANSTAR!!
    Hello Hello everyone please come and meet my new friend who goes by the name AZURIANSTAR!!!

Don't you know that you are a zuri star?
    And all the world will love you,
    Just as long
    As YOU Are
    A-ZURIaN-STAR!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=slf8M03X1cI​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Can c-store ships be tested on tribble?

Another thread people said the c-store is locked out on tribble.

If so how?
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User

If so how?

I Tribble tested a few times. You just clone an exsisting Character to the server. It's a testing server, not meant for long term playing.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

If so how?
    IIRC, there is a small group of testers that get access to new ships on Tribble. Don't know how it works, but they don't need the C-Store.

It has been a long time that the C-Store worked on Tribble:
    The C-Store once used to work on Tribble during the F2P transition (and particularly before). Buying C-Points for Holodeck gave an equal amount of C-Points on Tribble. This basically allowed them to test their F2P system - what would people actually spend their money on?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    mreeves7a was right. If you are near enough and target from front/behind the gate the Javelin hits
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    So regular people who go to tribble cant access cstore ships they dont own on holodeck. Only a few privigled people can do that? Is that right?

Does having a LTS give that special privilege?
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Javelin works. And it cancels siege mode why I dunno.
    Anyways as a personal note, I think Kolasi is the weakest link in the dread pack. Yamato and Kara (with the sep consoles ofc) feels like a ghetto Sheshar, Kolasi not so much....... ......... ......................... ..................... and I thought Kolasi was our last, best hope for peace....
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    So regular people who go to tribble cant access cstore ships they dont own on holodeck. Only a few privigled people can do that? Is that right?

Does having a LTS give that special privilege?

There used to be full access to the CStore on Tribble, and Zen you bought on live was copied to Tribble to test the conversion from the original CStore to the curren Zen store. They then took away the ability to transfer Zen over but you could spend any zen you still had from the testing period, but no new ships were ever added past that point (the last ships added were the Bortasqu and Odyssey). They've since changed it again, amd currently you don't have the ability to even access the store. So currenly the only way to get a CStore ship onto Tribble is to transfer a holodeck character who has that ship in a ship slot over to tribble, or on very, very rare occasions they add a ship to a vendor in the game like the one on Drozana. The last time they did that was when they released the Ar'Kif back in late 2013.

Testing of new ships is done by Cryptic granting them directly to players in their closed, invite-only, NDA-restricted testing program.

One thing you CAN still do, however is transfer keys and lockboxes over from Holodeck and open them there. If you have a toon with 10 keys, for example, you can transfer them over, put the keys in the shared bank, delete the toon, and repeat until you have keys filling the whole bank. You can then copy whatever lockboxes over with the same process and open boxes until you get the ship to test. You can also spend Lobi on tribble, so you can get those ships and set items as well.