test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The new Yamato can't use the Andromeda console.

zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
So cryptic seems to have messed up somwhere. The old Gal-x can use the andromeda console but the new one cant

The con still says it can be used on any galaxy or Gal-X so either cryptic decided to not allow the X veriants to use it and forgot to change the tooltip or they forgot to set the console to be equippable on the new Gal-x.

Which do you think it is?
343rguu.jpg

Comments

• Options
    drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I think that the ship isn't registering as a Dreadnought Cruiser for the console. Since the ToolTip clearly states ANY Starfleet Dreadnought Cruiser. And last I checked, the Yamato is a Starfleet Dreadnought Cruiser.
  • Options
    drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Hopefully they correct this issue and soon!
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Make a bug report ingame or in the proper subforum.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    Make a bug report ingame or in the proper subforum.

Oh i intend to but I wanted to see what the comunity thought about it

343rguu.jpg

• Options
    coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for pointing this out! We'll be making a fix for this on our next update.
  • Options
    Thanks for pointing this out! We'll be making a fix for this on our next update.

Thank you kindly

343rguu.jpg

• Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    For those that bought it...how is the accuracy on lance ?
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    For those that bought it...how is the accuracy on lance ?
    For what its worth it hasnt missed for me yet but iv only fired it a few times

343rguu.jpg

• Options
    shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    Did the off-center spinal lance in the Gal-X's default skin get fixed yet??
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    shar487a wrote: »

Yes. They redid the entire model.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I think this issue is more of a mistake with how it was placed/implimented into the game, and either the ship was not logged right, or the console was not updated when the addition went live.

My one issue i have been having is that when i get the starship trait it is going to favor being sed on a beam-based dreadnaught over a cannon variant, which is sad for me i like using the cannons on the dreadnaught. With they would adjust the trait to trigger with using either beam overload or cannon rapid-fire alongside the lance weapon, though this might conflict with the Vaadwaur trait that gave i think the same effect or a shield hardness buff (maybe add beam overload to the Vadwaur version to keep it balanced between them). Though cryptic can we please get the ability to choose if we fire the beam-lance or spread versions of the phaser lance? It is annoying to watch the saucer be able to fire either version of it based on the number of targets it has in it's arc, been seeing it happen alot right now an prior with the T-5 version as well.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

How long have guys been asking for that fix? LOL!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

How long have guys been asking for that fix? LOL!

At least 4+ years IIRC... when was the Gal-X first released?
  • Options
    jessica312012jessica312012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    And when you fix the andromeda console , can you fix the Saucer , when i try use the galaxy Saucer beta whitout the ( its the one whitout the canons on Saucer )... when i cant use any windows or so , and the Saucer looks emty .
  • Options
    commander45689commander45689 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2015

I saw this bug as well thank you :)
    I am fan of the Galaxy class and Sovereign class. I like Federation cruisers.

Hoping for a Yesterday's Enterprise Bundle

My idea for the bundle :smile:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1264100/yesterdays-enterprise-bundle-idea