test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 6 Dreadnought Stats

Comments

• farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    caanos wrote: »
    So...after all this time...Federation is still the only faction with no frigate class pet?
    At least the Federation has multiple hanger pets that are IN faction. Romulans only carry Scorpion Fighters and the Romulan Drone Ship (which can only be used on the Scimitar-class vessels). So, technically, all Roms get to use are the Scorps if they aren't flying a Scimi.

You can't use a frigate on anything other than a dedicated carrier.

• hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Kind of disappointing we still only get Scorpion fighters as a Romulan choice for carrier ships. I'm not about to put Federation or klingon hanger pets on my ship "I am Romulan not a Vulcan!"

You can put Tholian Fighters or Obelisk Drones on them. They're not Fed or KDF... :s
    farshore wrote: »
    You can't use a frigate on anything other than a dedicated carrier.
    Krenim Dreadnought uses Frigates. And so does the Sheshar. Single hanger, but they can use frigates. Scimitar's Drone ships are also classed as Frigates. None of them are dedicated carriers.

But all three ARE Dreadnoughts.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    With basically just one Romulan Hangar available, I wish Kara Warbird could use the Drone Ships.

Either that, or Romulans should really be given some new unique hangar, like the Kestrel.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I have always been a junkie for the galaxy-x, but i wish cryptic would bring back the $5 USD option, i have tons of 25USD visa gift cards and i cannot stand just spending 20 and
    We’re excited to reveal the stats, items, and abilities for three new Tier 6 starships: the Yamato Class Dreadnought Cruiser, the Kolasi Siege Destroyer and the Kara Advanced Warbird.

You can check out the stats for the Yamato Class Dreadnought here.

You can check out the stats for the Kolasi Siege Destroyer here.

You can check out the stats for the Kara Advanced Warbird here.

~LaughingTrendy

I have always been a junkie for the galaxy-x, but i wish cryptic would bring back the $5 USD option, i have tons of 25USD visa gift cards and i cannot stand just spending 20 and having 5 just sitting, I quoted you trendy because i want to see what you got to say....
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    beameddown wrote: »
    lets hope they don't punch the defiant and the sovy in the face like they did those 3:)

As long as the T6 Sovereign keeps the BOff layout of the T5 version... its all gravy...

7NGGeUP.png

• huntor2huntor2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    A note on the boff layout. Andromeda got a commander eng/command while the Yamato got lt-comm eng/command.

I'll wait for reviews before buying. Just in case the lance is TRIBBLE....
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    huntor2 wrote: »
    A note on the boff layout. Andromeda got a commander eng/command while the Yamato got lt-comm eng/command.

I'll wait for reviews before buying. Just in case the lance is TRIBBLE....

The Andromeda and the Yamato have the exact same BOff layout. Commander Eng, Ltc Eng/Command, LtC Tac, Lt Sci and Ens Uni.
    7NGGeUP.png

• delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User

So...after all this time...Federation is still the only faction with no frigate class pet?

Ill be honest, till my federation toon gets a replacement for my atrox carrier, I'm not logging onto sto, and not playing this game till my fed toon has access to the federation frigate pet I'm looking for.

Guess I'll just keep a lookout for the layout of that new in development fed carrier.

...You can't be serious.
  • rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    The Yamato offers nothing interesting, nor relevant to make it worth getting.

..The console is useless, especially to the current DPS-heavy stance Cryptic has pushed on players.

Give it something Relevant to seperate it from the Fleet Galaxy-X T5u.. . like inherent Battle Cloak. Or even Enhanced Battle Cloak if it requires a console. Or another weapon slot. OR another Tac Slot. SOMETHING to make this anything other than yet another cheap grab at cash!
    only thing this had going for it is the lance, INTEL seating would have been a way to set her (all 3) clearly apart from the rest of the pack in regards to cruisers

but, command LOL

-Snipped for Space-

but ya,
    command?
    that's F'ed up-

poor fed dreadnaught.. it got the excelsior/prometheus/voyager treatment from cryptic..

lets hope they don't punch the defiant and the sovy in the face like they did those 3:)

ships only to be sold off looks alone- not stats or purpose:(

If this was a Guardian-X, all the ships in the bundle would have gotten intel. But since it's directly based on the Galaxy, and the Galaxy came with Command, all the ships being tied to it in the bundle get Command. They're not going to give one ship Intel then the rest Command. Not to mention, the Galaxy-X itself was the personal command vessel of an alternate reality Riker. So it also fits thematically. Expecting anything else is admittedly a bit silly.

Also, the Yamato gets plenty of consoles to use, while the other two practically get almost none (and not even a bonus for the Kolasi). Sure, if you love gimmick consoles this is great, but for others, this is actually a detriment. At least the console for this T6 group provides a similar function to OsS; just with a 2-min CD and a different effect on expiration.

And if the Intel ships or even the Arbiter or joke Aquarius (a Fed Raider equivalent) didn't get a Battle Cloak, why would the Yamato? The closest the Feds would get to a Battle Cloak is a Voth ship with all 3 consoles equipped. And at least one of them has gone extinct off the exchange. Not even the Tal Shiar Adapted ships get a Battle Cloak, and they're mutated Romulan vessels.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    I have always been a junkie for the galaxy-x, but i wish cryptic would bring back the $5 USD option, i have tons of 25USD visa gift cards and i cannot stand just spending 20 and
    We’re excited to reveal the stats, items, and abilities for three new Tier 6 starships: the Yamato Class Dreadnought Cruiser, the Kolasi Siege Destroyer and the Kara Advanced Warbird.

You can check out the stats for the Yamato Class Dreadnought here.

You can check out the stats for the Kolasi Siege Destroyer here.

You can check out the stats for the Kara Advanced Warbird here.

~LaughingTrendy

I have always been a junkie for the galaxy-x, but i wish cryptic would bring back the $5 USD option, i have tons of 25USD visa gift cards and i cannot stand just spending 20 and having 5 just sitting, I quoted you trendy because i want to see what you got to say....

Steam lets one buy $5 and there's a $5 option from the steam wallet to STO
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    I'm not a Fan of the Stats on the Dreadnought It has a Identical Boff layout to the Andromeda Cruiser, so If I got it I would essentially be paying $30 for a Single Hangar a 3rd Nacelle and a Giant Space Rifle...

I would prefer a Boff layout that was a little more balanced. This way you can still get some use out of the DHC's that we all want to run, but don't due to the beam specific boff layout.
    • Commander Tactical
    • Lieutenant Commander Engineering
    • Lieutenant Commander Engineering / Command
    • Lieutenant Science
    • Ensign Universal

I see no reason to change anything else but the Boff Layout. It needs to differ from the Andromeda and be more tactical to be considered a Dreadnought in my eyes.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    primar13 wrote: »
    I'm not a Fan of the Stats on the Dreadnought It has a Identical Boff layout to the Andromeda Cruiser, so If I got it I would essentially be paying $30 for a Single Hangar a 3rd Nacelle and a Giant Space Rifle...

I would prefer a Boff layout that was a little more balanced. This way you can still get some use out of the DHC's that we all want to run, but don't due to the beam specific boff layout.
    • Commander Tactical
    • Lieutenant Science
    • Ensign Universal

I see no reason to change anything else but the Boff Layout. It needs to differ from the Andromeda and be more tactical to be considered a Dreadnought in my eyes.

I get where you're coming from, but I just don't see us getting a Cmdr Tac on a Cruiser... that's just not how things work. If you do want something along those lines, be sure to vote for a Dreadnought Cruiser setup in the Star Trek Online: Design Your Ship! promotion. Dreadnought Carriers can and do have Cmdr Tac seating in a slow, tough ship with hangars and possibly frigates... which sounds exactly like what you're asking for.

Otherwise... why are so many people complaining about the Yamato because it's so similar to the Andromeda? The Yamato is flatly superior to the Andromeda, with the sole design concession being the loss of Strategic Maneuvering and Shield Frequency Modulation while gaining:
    • a free Lance ability
    • a hangar, with access to Yellowstones for CC or Delta Flyers for shield drain, along with Fleet/Rep pets
    • access to DHC's/DC's
    • access to the Cloaking Device console
    • along with a new set bonus
    • plus access to yet another likely set bonus for equipping the Cloaking Device console and the Phaser Quad Cannons when the T6 Defiant lands
    • while still having access to the Galaxy suite of consoles, opening even more build options
    • a new Starship Trait that allows Beam: Overload to work like EP2S (but since it isn't tagged as such according to the description it can stack with EP2S)
    • +120 hull at level 60 for some odd reason
    • 4 Tac consoles at the Fleet level
    Shouldn't it be Andromeda captains complaining rather than folks looking at the Yamato...? what.gif
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I really like the stats on all of them. Way to bring out a ship tough as nails, and kick like a mule. I was hoping to see stats like these.

I'm really liking the new Fed Dread, and KDF Dread!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    Kolasi should be fun, about time it got the fleet treatment too.
    I agree with the call someone else made of making a set for this with the other Nausican consoles. Leech and/or Theta.
    With this likely to be the sole Nausican T6 ship in the KDF fleet, it would've been fitting.

I'll be picking one up, and likely the Gal-X too, so bundle time!
    primar13 wrote: »
    I would prefer a Boff layout that was a little more balanced...
    • Commander Tactical
    • Lieutenant Science
    • Ensign Universal

I'm not sure how that's any more balanced than the current stats.
    Commander Tac seats aren't allowed on cruisers. Gal-X is a cruiser, and thus MUST have a commander eng boff seat. LtC tac is the best you can hope for.
    You'd be better off wishing for something like:
    • LtC Tactical
    • Commander Engineering / Command
    • Lieutenant Engineering
    • Lieutenant Science
    • Lieutenant Universal
    That would be more "balanced".
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    caanos wrote: »
    At least the Federation has multiple hanger pets that are IN faction. Romulans only carry Scorpion Fighters and the Romulan Drone Ship (which can only be used on the Scimitar-class vessels). So, technically, all Roms get to use are the Scorps if they aren't flying a Scimi.

Yeah, as happy as I am with a T6 Galaxy X and a non-Klingon KDF ship at T6, the Romulans got stuck with reman scorpions again, on a romulan ship, again-instead of one of the several preexisting romulan shuttles that have no hanger pet counterpart.
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Does the fact that the dilithium zen rates didnt even budge mean that players are sick and tired of yet more ships with the fail command specialization ?
    jFriX.png
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    LTC Tactical and LTC Eng/Cmd is reasonable for the Dreadnaught. But I fear this is going to be the same exact stats as the T6 Sovereign / Assault Cruiser.

What would they do to keep it from repeating? make the LT Universal to a LTC True Universal? Upgrade the Tac Ensign to a Lt Tac / Cmd? Upgrade the LTC Tactical to a Commander Tactical / Cmd?
    The T6 Sovereign should be used to introduce a new Specialization.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Kolasi should be fun, about time it got the fleet treatment too.
    I agree with the call someone else made of making a set for this with the other Nausican consoles. Leech and/or Theta.
    With this likely to be the sole Nausican T6 ship in the KDF fleet, it would've been fitting.

Yeah, I second (or whatever-th vote I am) that.

I'm guessing the reason we didn't get a set bonus is because of the number of Feds with the Plasmonic Leech and Theta Radiation Vents cross-faction consoles. They'd have to cope with calls from more numerous Fed players to allow cross-faction consoles to grant approptiate set bonuses, they'd cave to the larger Fed playerbase, and then they'd have to go back and fix the earlier KDF ship offerings that can't use cross-faction consoles for those set bonuses. Either that, or their cross-faction consoles would grant the appropriate set bonuses and KDF players would call shenanigans. Too much trouble, easier just to stiff KDF captains again for "reasons". There are less of us to complain, and we can be dismissed with metrics showing that there are less of us, which then ensures that there remains less of us. It's brilliant strategy, really, even if it sucks to be in the receiving end.

I play all three factions, btw, it just bugs the hell out of me how poorly balanced their offerings tend to be. :tongue:

[EDIT] I'm still likely to buy the Kolasi anyway, having always wanted to give the Guramba a try (but also having joined STO after the point at which T5-10 ships had become true endgame). The other two don't really fill a void in my ship lineup, and come stock T6-10/Rare quality rather than T6-11/Very Rare like my recently acquired Command Cruisers. I doubt I'll be picking up the full cross-faction pack, though the ships themselves are solid.

Pssst, Marketing... free information on buying habits and reasoning:
    • We'll see, since if they do the usual launch sale it'll only be 2500 Zen to add the other two...
    • Though that's 2500 Zen that could also go towards a T6 BoP or a T6 Science Ship for the KDF/Roms...
    • But then again I could wait for the next 20% Ship Sale and only pay 4800 Zen for all three...
    • Or get something else entirely during said Sale...
    • And maybe I could use the purchase of a Kolasi to buy the Phantom, though I'd need to find a Rom ship to pick up (with no group discount for the three) to stay within my personal rules as far as ship purchases (I will not buy any Fed ship without an equivalent KDF/Rom offering/purchase, as a direct response to the use of metrics to justify imbalanced release cycles)...
    • But I really have been wanting to try an endgame Guramba for a long time, and I do have the Fleet Ship Modules for those...
    • Though I won't grab the Fleet versions until after Admiralty is live to ensure that I get both Admiralty Ships without taking up unnecessary shipyard space...
    • Especially since Ship Slots are single-character unlocks...
    • Meaning I might still wait until the next Ship Sale since I'm waiting on the Fleet versions anyway.

*Sigh* Decisions, decisions.
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    Pilot specialization for the Sovie might be good. At least it'd be different from every Cruiser we've had in the last year.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    Yeah, I second (or whatever-th vote I am) that.

I'm guessing the reason we didn't get a set bonus is because of the number of Feds with the Plasmonic Leech and Theta Radiation Vents cross-faction consoles. They'd have to cope with calls from more numerous Fed players to allow cross-faction consoles to grant approptiate set bonuses, they'd cave to the larger Fed playerbase, and then they'd have to go back and fix the earlier KDF ship offerings that can't use cross-faction consoles for those set bonuses. Either that, or their cross-faction consoles would grant the appropriate set bonuses and KDF players would call shenanigans. Too much trouble, easier just to stiff KDF captains again for "reasons". There are less of us to complain, and we can be dismissed with metrics showing that there are less of us, which then ensures that there remains less of us. It's brilliant strategy, really, even if it sucks to be in the receiving end.
    That's a valid point. I suppose they could've invented a new console just for the T5 Garumba. Would've driven more sales for KDF with a single console addition as players would then want both T5 and T6 for the set bonus.

I rather don't like this lack of effort on Cryptics part to fix these continual minor gaps in faction parity. Instead they just throw their hands up and claim "oh, no T5 console. oh well no set bonus for you".
    Create a T5 console!

The Guramba is one of if not the only T5 class ship that doesn't come with a unique console. Sure it came with built-in seige mode/Javalin, but still, that's no different to Rom ships coming with built in battle cloaks or singularity powers.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    We need more dreadnought science ships, especially on ROM and KDF.
    Federation already have far enough cruisers, drop them already FFS!
    sorry to stop you right there, but

they have already,
    we have see a bug ship with 2 different varients, and the sheshar

so,
    ya they could have given it (I don't know why I am wasting my time to argue this minor point LOL!! ) an intel

and answer honestly,
    from one cold warrior to another cold warrior....

would you not have been more interested in the yamo if she had intel?
    override subsystem safeties....
    surgical strike...

I have to stop you there as well. Those are NOT PART OF A BUNDLE, much less a bundle sold in the C-Store. Those are just re-releases, and are still single ships. They aren't even sold in the C-Store. They're gamble ships from R&D or Doff boxes. Therefore, they can re-release it with a different spec if they so choose. They still haven't released the Pilot Sheshar they have promoted alongside the Pilot Sovereign either. The one time they gave ships with different setups as part of a bundle, it just pissed off everyone not a Fed. That was the Delta Rising Bundle.

Since then, every X-faction bundle has always had the exact same Hybrid seat rank, whether it's LtC or Lt. It may be different classes like Tac/Command or Eng/Command like the Cruiser X-Faction, but they're the exact same rank and exact same Specialization.

So again, they are NOT going to release two ships with Command and one ship with Intel as part of the SAME BUNDLE.

And to answer your question honestly, I still wouldn't be interested in the Yamato even if she had LtC Intel. For again, the Eclipse can do most everything that the Yamato can with much less drama and far more effectiveness*. But I would be slightly more interested in the Kara and Kolasi if they had LtC Intel as a consequence of the Yamato having LtC Intel, as the KDF and Romulans are lacking on Intel-capable ships that aren't Lockbox.

But since again, we got a Galaxy-X in T6 flavor, rather than a Guardian-X, then the other two ships in the bundle also get what the Galaxy-X gets. And that's a Command specialization. Both due to it's non-canon canon, and it's non-X ship the Andromeda also being Command.

*To explain in a bit more detail. NOTE: I am not discouraging purchase of a Yamato. I am explaining why I still wouldn't be interested in a Yamato even if it had LtCmdr Intel instead of it's LtCmdr Command, and was only sold by itself rather than in a Bundle form.

- Eclipse can Cloak w/o a console. Yamato cannot.
    - Eclipse can do spike DPS more often with SS3, Yamato cannot as its Lance has a large CD (and still could not even if she had access to SS1 as Intel).
    - Eclipse can use better weapon sets like AP to further min-max its build. Yamato cannot if one hopes to rely on the Lance for a momentary spike in damage.
    - Eclipse can use OsS3 far more often with only a minor setback after it expires, Yamato's console has a 2-minute CD like all click Universal consoles.
    - Eclipse has a generous turnrate of 10, Yamato needs a 2-pc to grant a Turn-rate bonus, on top of bonuses granted if she saucer-seps, and that costs another console slot.
    - Eclipse can deliver a free debuff every couple of seconds to a scanned Target, Yamato cannot.
    - Eclipse has a better Starship Mastery Trait, Yamato does not.
    - Eclipse does not need its console unless to tank a bit more, thus leaving it with more free slots. Yamato will require 3 consoles minimum to reach similar effectiveness (Saucer Sep, it's console, and the Cloak console), all 5 if trying to add a bit more debuff and damage capability; all of which are reliant on targets being within 5km or less, along with the set bonuses which add some extra durability.

So simply put, if one was only wanting a ship capable of putting out some easy DPS, or wanting a solid ship with minimal fuss (no need to buy other ships of the line just for their consoles/skins), the Eclipse would still be a better choice. One would just have to get over the looks if they didn't like it.

Now, if you asked me: "If they created a Guardian-X, would you be interested in it?" And then my answer would change to yes, because if they upped that Lt Intel/Eng to LtC Intel at the loss of the Ensign Uni, or even kept the exact same Boff layout, but gave it 4 Tac/4 Eng/3 Sci, it would be capable of properly holding enemy targets in place with a G.Well and then blast them away with a lance. No need for fancy consoles for set bonuses or saucer separation just for more turn; you just G.Well them into place and open fire.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    farshore wrote: »
    Pilot specialization for the Sovie might be good. At least it'd be different from every Cruiser we've had in the last year.
    I was hoping the excelsior would have been a pilot seating. Honestly I'm fine with the seating though, It is really quite weird and kinda boring we have gotten nothing but command cruisers as zen ships, since well the kobali samsar.

• narsussnarsuss Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    the Nausicaan ships came with that plasma leech so why not link up a set with the vent the leech and that supplement console?