test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Hands On Deck does NOT reduce the cooldown of Evasive Manoeuvres and Fleet Support

sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
edited October 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Dear all,

…title says it all really.

Evasive Maneuvers and Fleet Support are both Captain abilities. Therefore, they should also be affected by the AHOD starship trait...but they are not.

Would be great if this was fixed.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    I agree, AHOD does not do enough.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    Does it also affect Brace for Impact, Ramming Speed and Abandon Ship?

I have a feeling AHOD only applies to career-specific captain abilities.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    AHOD does correctly reduce the Brace for Impact cooldown.
    I don't know about Ramming Speed and Abandon Ship as I do not use those abilities.
  • hawkrunnerhawkrunner Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It also reduces the cooldown of Tactical Fleet and Go Down Fighting, but not Specialization-related abilities like Intelligence Fleet or Rock and Roll... maybe that is intended? I've always seen these as "Captain" abilities as well...

While it would be nice to have AHOD reduce the Fleet Support cooldown, that would kind of make the (Improved) Command Frequency starship trait redundant...

Would be nice to see it on at least Evasive Maneuvers, since Brace For Impact is affected...although I wonder if it has something to do with how Evasive Maneuvers can be reduced through other means - I think a doff can reduce it?
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    Does it also affect Brace for Impact, Ramming Speed and Abandon Ship?

I have a feeling AHOD only applies to career-specific captain abilities.

I can confirm that it reduces the Cool down of Brace for impact, Ramming Speed and Abandon Ship.
    hawkrunner wrote: »
    It also reduces the cooldown of Tactical Fleet and Go Down Fighting, but not Specialization-related abilities like Intelligence Fleet or Rock and Roll... maybe that is intended? I've always seen these as "Captain" abilities as well...

Intel fleet and Rock n Roll shouldn't have their cool downs reduced because they're obtained from the specialization trees and not through leveling 0-60. As for fleet support I'm note sure about that one. But Ill add it to the notes and let the Dev's decide on that one.

Ill raise this with the Operational Support Team​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

Thank you sqwished. Much appreciated.

Both Evasive Maneuvers and Fleet Support are captain abilities gained in the leveling process. They should (IMO), as per the trait's description, have their cooldowns reduced by AHOD.
    Has there been any progress concerning this issue?
  • psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    agreed, please honor the description of the ability itself and have it affect all captain abilities as stated.