test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Design Your Ship Round 4 [Sigma VS Omega]

Comments

• racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    #TeamSigma
    That Omega looks like a clunky garbage scow, all the most recent carriers look sleek or deadly. Sigma looks nice, streamlined and doesn't have those nacelles sticking out like four sore sticks. Now if the omega flew backwards then that would be a whole different story.
    Next time, have Nog design a ship!
  • aerous77aerous77 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Engage!
    “The miracle is this - the more we share, the more we have.” ― Leonard Nimoy.
  • admiralsedra19admiralsedra19 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    For my part, I find the Sigma hull to have better lines than the Omega, so that is where my vote is going. Also, the Omega's lack of a secondary hull that I can discern just doesn't jive with the way I feel Federation ships should look. But I can see from the way the votes are falling that my opinion is the minority.
  • wakeoflovewakeoflove Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    For my part, I find the Sigma hull to have better lines than the Omega, so that is where my vote is going. Also, the Omega's lack of a secondary hull that I can discern just doesn't jive with the way I feel Federation ships should look. But I can see from the way the votes are falling that my opinion is the minority.

Well, considering the white space in the middle of the profile view is supposed to be empty space, presumably a through-and-through hangar bay, you could consider the primary hull to be the upper half, the secondary hull to be the lower half, and the points that connect them at either end to essentially be two necks... let's say inherited from the odyssey.
    NebulaOdyssey1_zpsqjc6anjg.jpg
    The Nebula-configured Odyssey needs to be a thing.
  • narsussnarsuss Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    why don't they just give us all the parts and we can mix up our own ship? and why aren't we getting this kind of contest for KDF or Romulans. AND why are the freaking FEDs getting a t6 carrier BEFORE the KDF who always had carriers ......
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Even if by the end of this, the ship ends up sucking, I'm just glad everyone went for the bad-TRIBBLE designs.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    I like the compactness of Sigma.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• crosis2014crosis2014 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Again all very boring, but this will just be the anniversary free ship it seems.
  • sgoneillsgoneill Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    racerexia wrote: »
    #TeamSigma
    Sigma looks nice, streamlined and doesn't have those nacelles sticking out like four sore sticks.

That is why I voted for Sigma. I would have went with Theta since it was the last dual nacelle ship but since it didn't make it, I went with Sigma because it has equally proportioned curves for a quad nacelle ship.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    I don't know what kind of ship the Omega is supposed to look like, but the Sigma looks WAY more Trek then the Omega does.

So vote Sigma! :smiley:
  • ryickryick Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Finally the general population agrees with me. I lost the last three votes (I voted for the for Beta, Delta, and the Theta) but at least it looks like the majority of you agree that the Omega looks better than the Sigma. I just hope that you all agree that the Omega looks better than the Alpha when we get to the final round.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega, assuming that is a through and through hanger bay, would be my preferred choice. Still don't like the apparent lack of a secondary hull and also the differing sizes in warp nacelles but it looks less like a cruise liner than sigma.
    SulMatuul.png
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    #TeamSigma
    farshore wrote: »
    Sigma is cuter.

True. And it looks like a really tough ship.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    I have to maintain consistency. Fed-only? Not interested.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    #TeamOmega
    narsuss wrote: »
    why don't they just give us all the parts and we can mix up our own ship? and why aren't we getting this kind of contest for KDF or Romulans. AND why are the freaking FEDs getting a t6 carrier BEFORE the KDF who always had carriers ......

I'm thinking that maybe the t6 voquv will be coming out at the same time as the new fed carrier so that the devs can give them both the same trait.

I know the devs were not wanting to give the romulans a carrier because they felt the whole "battle cloaking carrier" would be OP or something otherwise they'd have to take the battle cloak that is the romulans shtick away. So will they get one that has normal cloak but not battle cloak? Or will they get one that has no cloak at all? Ionno. I suppose we'll see though.

#TeamOmega
    crosis2014 wrote: »
    Again all very boring, but this will just be the anniversary free ship it seems.

What on earth makes you think this is gonna end up a free anniversary ship? They say this contest will take place over the next two months and the anniversary isn't till February.
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Well Last time I voted Epsilon, but with Sigma being a different saucer on the same ship issue I totally voted for what I assumed was one of the more carrier looking out of the 8 we were given to choose between. Omega looks like a carrier. And honestly I had to go and figure out just WHAT a Jupiter class was that everyone has a hair up their bum about. I haven't seen one in years in game and yeah now that I brushed back up on it, I can sorta see the similarities. Meh. I hope this gets to either the Alpha and Omega, not only because I feel it would be apt as they are the beginning and the end. Not only that but maybe the other gets turned into a alternate ship costume for the other. They are similar enough so it's possible. The two styles are nice enough that it would take me forever to vote for either one should it come down to it. I will say this if the ship is the size of this Jupiter Class is seems to be related to, it darn well better have more than two hanger bays.
  • aa1238aa1238 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    I think it's pretty cool looking.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    I voted #teamsigma.

So it will obviously lose...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Carriers are not nimble, agile or any other adjective for maneuverable you can think of. One navel captain once said "carriers don't turn on a dime, they turn on Rhode Island". It should a great lumbering beast that sits back at 9.5 km and lets its fighters do the killing for it while firing broadside support.

Omega is that beast
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • pmaddenpmadden Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamSigma
    I would seriously consider buying a true fed carrier, but IF Omega Wins over all, I wont be. its a Fugly Ship!
    Looks Nothing like the Jupiter (don't know how anyone can say it does).
    and Although I know its gonna win.
    just wanna point out to those who are going on about nacelles, the Latest Designs seen in Series (Voyager, Ds9 and TNG) have smaller ones, and in the case of defiant and steam-runner, they are incorporated into the hull.
    plus the Prometheus had 4 Small ones (and 2 really small ones, so 6 in total) and that was "State of the Art" in 2370s.
    it was the Films and the Sovereign that went back to the Big stuck out nacelles (which is tactically unsound, as they make easy targets).
    As for those who will argue that the Sovereign sets a trend, the Wells Class from the 29th century has Incorporated Nacelles.

So For the Love Of Trek Cannon, Vote For Smaller/incorporated Nacelles.
  • dtepasdtepas Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    The difference between a wet-navy carrier and a space-bourne carrier is that in space, there's no friction or drag from the water, the manuverability of a carrier should only be limited by its engines and inertial dampeners.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • ncc1701z5ncc1701z5 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #teamomega all the way peeps
    "Saving the galaxy's our business"

Admiral Wilkens: "I bend our rules so folks don't have to live in fear strictly obeying someone else's".

• badtrekbadtrek Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Another tough choice! I'll go with Sigma.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • mrirish#5986 mrirish Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamSigma
    This is a complete farce, we all knew the Omega was going to win the second this whole thing started. I'm getting so tired of these arrow point quad nacelle designs...
  • danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    It looks pretty clear which ones going to win, although there's still time.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Omega bears a resemblance to the Jupiter. Not that that's a bad thing, but I like sigma better.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    In my opinion, Omega is the best looking one of the lot.