daendaedaendae Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    For some reason, I find both Sigma and Omega ugly, but that is just me
    I went with Sigma because it, in my opinion, looked a little better
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    Seems the people who predicted that Cryptic would re-release all of the T5 ships as T6 variants were right on the $$$.

That would be ME. Yep. I called it. JUST LIKE I did for saying Romulus would be assimilated by the Borg during those Time Incursion attempts at ridding us of the Iconians.

Chalk one more up for the guy no one likes to listen to because I'm always right. Or wrong. I have at least a fifty percent chance to be correct half the time! So go stew on that ya leeches!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega looks larger and way better than Sigma so my vote goes to her. Sigma has a good side-view though, but those nacelles are way to close to the saucer and their pylons are way to short too.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • Options
    ktip09ktip09 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I went with the Omega design because it is BY FAR the most superior. Its size and four thrust-nacelles, along with the sleek almost pointed forward section of the ship gives enemies the message "This is a ship of both power and speed, so WATCH OUT!!" This design also demonstrates that size DOES matter!
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Personally, I think Omega is closer to the carrier vibe we're aiming for :smile:

#TeamOmega
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Both are good choices. I went ahead and chose Sigma, although I like both designs.
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega is the only one of all of them that resembles a carrier.
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Gah, first pairing that I'm not that fond of either all that much. Omega looks a bit more "carrieresque" to me, dislike the baby nacelles though.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I still stand by what I said in round 2...

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12729547/#Comment_12729547​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega this time.
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Definitely a tough choice! The sleak design of Sigma is appealing,, however the nacelle configuration on Omega is super sexy. The saucer needs some work, but Alas Omega is my choice.
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    pokepark2pokepark2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I went with Omega, simply because to me Sigma looks like another Epsilon, I did like Epsilon but I think that Omega has a more powerful feel to it. I dislike the nacelles of Omega, but other than that I think it's a good design, more or less.
  • Options
    majosea61majosea61 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    What is with all the delta shaped designs? Did nobody actually watch the shows. Don't like either of these designs but going with Sigma.
  • Options
    talzinartalzinar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    #TeamOmega

Tired of the roundish saucer look. Like any government, will have a slightly different look to some of its equipment than standard.
    Say what?!?!
  • Options
    gregoryt#9489 gregoryt Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I went with Omega
  • Options
    corporate82corporate82 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    they both look real nice.
  • Options
    m4sherman68m4sherman68 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    #teamomega
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I of course went #TeamOmega. I've been in this game long enough to know a Jupiter Dreadnought redo, and this one looks closest to it.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Sigma. Because, again, I prefer that compact design.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamSigma
    Sigma looks similar to the Stargazer skin on the Heavy Cruiser. http://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Federation_Heavy_Cruiser_(Stargazer).png
  • Options
    sorcapprenticesorcapprentice Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I loVe the saucer on the Omega. It looks like it has a long launch bay! <3
  • Options
    zachydad#9488 zachydad Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Still think the Beta or the Delta are the only two designs here that evoke the concept of a carrier. Gamma and Omega designs are decent alternates but the Omega seems like a heavy cruiser and the Gamma seems to be a dreadnaught design. Alpha, Epsilon, and Sigma are small or medium fighting ship designs.

Not sure of the thinking here...

End of the day the designers did a good job of keeping the designs in canon. Good use of standards.
  • Options
    zachydad#9488 zachydad Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    majosea61 wrote: »
    What is with all the delta shaped designs? Did nobody actually watch the shows. Don't like either of these designs but going with Sigma.

Understand your point. However, the idea of Star Trek never was just to repeat what has already been done. It has always been to go to the next step. These guys have taken the world of ST as it was, pay homage to what was there, but have done the right thing in going forward with it. And right now with no real development in theater of Star Trek, the future of this fiction is mostly within their hands and how we interact with them. And personally I think they have done right by the legacy of Gene Roddenberry.

And don't take that as your opinon doesn't count as much as anyone's, cause is does. That's the beauty of the system.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    kraugh wrote: »
    These guys have taken the world of ST as it was, pay homage to what was there, but have done the right thing in going forward with it.

"Star Trekkin' across the universe, boldly going forward, 'cause we can't find reverse!"

Oh, come on, we all knew somebody was going to go there...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Sigma... because, like Theta, Omega is Le Fugly.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Sigma has more potential from what I can see, however 4 nacelles are just silly for any fed ship since we know that doesn't improve its turn rate one bit...
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    megamanx82megamanx82 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    I think it should come down to Alpha Vs Sigma, just my personal perspective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    I vote for #TeamOmega. The Sigma design looks too much like the Epsilon design. Though I do wish the nacelles were placed differently or they took off the nacelles on the bottom and left the two nacelles on the top of Omega. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    northstar121403northstar121403 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega by far. Sigma reminds me of why I voted for Epsilon last week but Omega...she IS a Fed carrier. If the next vote is between Epsilon & Omega then I may have a harder time choosing but I'm relatively sure that I'm going to be riding the Omega-train all the way through. Just do me a favor...Please do not put too tight of a leash on this ship...which ever one wins out. When the Odyssey was first released in-game, she was true-to-form in that she really was the LARGEST Fed ship. I remember an announcement that the Ody would be scaled-down a bit because of something to do with gameplay mechanics and that made sense. Since then, however, she's never seemed like that massive hull (or "hulk") of power that she once did. Something similar could be said of the Galaxy X. I understand trying to keep things "balanced" for gameplay purposes but (for story purposes) please keep this in mind....

This carrier is being INTRODUCED during the galaxy's "new age" of scientific exploration but she would have been DESIGNED while in the midst of possibly the greatest period of conflict in the recorded history of the galaxy's major powers. The Federation has been back and forth from one conflict to the next, some overlapping, with no time for rest...or a proverbial "reset"...from the Klingons, Gorn, and Orions; the return of the Borg; the conflict between factions of Romulans & Remans and the Elachi; Escalation in Tholian & Mirror involvement; return of The Dominion and continued True Way activity; the Breen aggression; the Voth, the Undine, and the following war in the Delta Quadrant and now near annihilation at the hands of the Iconians. Is the war formally over? Yes. But we know that we'll be hearing from T'Ket again. I don't know how the storyline is going from here but I am sure that the Federation Council and Starfleet Command have eaten a lot of crow since shutting down the Borg Task Force.

Starfleet is an exploratory, peacekeeping arm of the Federation, NOT a combat armada. However the fleet has only been able to remain relevant by adapting to it's operating environment. Starfleet needs a support ship that can both dispatch lifeboats for humanitarian aid or planetary evacuation as well as launching quick reaction force-style craft with which to mount an immediate defense against sudden attacks. If you're going to call this ship a "carrier" then give us a CARRIER!!!

And if CBS is the problem, let us know. I'm sure that there are plenty of us who'd be willing to unleash our inner-Maquis and put a foot their rear exhaust port! :P
    Making Borg go *BOOM* since May 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I did go with the masses myself. Omega it is. We are a ways off toward contributing to the build and model details. Assuming Omega does come out on top, it's those stages where we really need to pull together on. At modeling, we can push for the nacelle scaling/type to be better than the initial outline we see now.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)