test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Design Your Ship Round 4 [Sigma VS Omega]

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega

Why? Because I want to be on the winning team at least once pig-2.gif No, seriously, Omega is the Jupiter. The whole contest is nonsense since they could have just went with that from the get go. I don't like it, I don't like the carrier but it's coming and why not just let people have what they want.

Also, Sigma is literally identical to Epsilon. Slightly rounded saucer, but they use the exact same profile picture. Seriously. Whats up with that?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamSigma
    sgoneill wrote: »
    Woot! 0-4 baby! :/

Might as well declare Omega as the winner of the tournament. Congratulations folks. You now have a playable Jupiter. :|

I seem to be 2 for 4. Guess that shows I'm a centrist ship design-wise...

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    shpoks wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not really a fan of carriers myself, but hell - people have literally begged for the Jupiter for ages now and they finally deserve to have it now in the form of the Omega, which is in my opinion the closest we'll get to the actual Jupiter kit-bash and the closest to the Jupiter in this "Design your ship" contest.
    Therefore I'll contribute my vote to #TeamOmega to support the happiness of all the forumites throughout the years that asked Cryptic to make the Jupiter happen.

Sometimes it's scary how much we think alike pig-26.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    I seriously hope that the Omega doesn't win overall, won't be getting a fed carrier if thats the winning design I'm afraid just too fugly for my tastes
    Finally, we get to the contest winner. Omega.

Can we just skip to the final round now? :p

I hope not, that thing is hideous!

8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    #TeamOmega
    I'm voting again...

...Oh :(​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega
    The True King In The North
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega is the best looking of the quad nacelle ones, imo. Sadly it appears that none of the non-quad ones will make the cut.
  • sgoneillsgoneill Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Well, since Omega is clearly going to win, can we at least do something about the lower nacelles? The discrepancy in size. :o

If not, then I'll just picture this instead. :p

300px-USS_Enterprise_%28CVN-65%29.jpg
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
  • cowcookies1cowcookies1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    i want to see all these ships made in a big fat $100 pack just like the intelligence ships or the launch of the romulan faction
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    #TeamSigma
    Going Epsilon this time, only because all the ones I actually like from previous rounds lost so I no longer really mind which one wins.​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    #TeamSigma for #1!

It is a streamlined design, something unique like no other ship, different than the Jupiter NPC that's been in game forever, and nicely rounded off.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    My thing is, people who're voting for Omega keep talking about 'the hanger in the middle' - where does anything say that's a hanger? Show me. It keeps getting compared to Jupiter, look at Jupiter, there's a neck in front and then nacelle struts in the rear with negative space in between, if 'Omega is the New Jupiter', what makes people think that's a hanger and not the same negative space?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • syk99syk99 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    syk99 wrote: »
    markdb wrote: »
    Definitely #TeamOmega. It's the only one that even looks like a carrier out of the whole bunch.

Exactly what I would comment... for me Omega is the only design that really look like a carrier ship, also, Omega looks very similar to the so desired Typhoon dreadnought.

errrrrrr what??? Typhoon???? I gues you mean Jupiter not Typhoon :P

Actually, I really think it resembles more of the Typhon dreadnought than the Jupiter, despite the four nacelles... there are similarities to both ships though
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega, though I don't like the nacelles being two different sizes. The saucer does look good for a fleet carrier, though.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    omega. it looks like the jupiter. people have wanted the jupiter for ever so why not just let them have it.

victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    This was the easiest out of the four voting rounds, all the others I had to spend sometime trying to make my mind up. Should be quite interesting and hard when the winners go head to head.
  • zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Seems I'm always on the losing side of these votes. Oh well.....
  • xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Only reason I voted against Omega is that the saucer is so weird looking.
  • msb777msb777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Well if OMEGA loses im not voting anymore. I don't mined the other designs but there old reused fronts with four nacelles and two standard Star Fleet ships. Yes the OMEGA does look kinda like the Jupiter class, but its different enough that it makes sense to pick it other wise we didn't need to pick the look of the ship. I like traditional ships, but it gets boring when its all the same. Please vote OMEGA the true winner.
  • ceceliuscecelius Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamSigma.

The Omega looked appealing from the top, but from the side it just looks ugly. It doesn't have all of its parts distinguishable; where's the deflector? And what's with the massive white gouge across its flank? Makes it look bad.

Sigma is my choice here.
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Looks like people just want the bigger ones. In this case it's the less worst choice.

I think the possible final winner may be either Omega or Gamma.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    Voted Sigma. More solid looking, can tell it has a secondary hull (engineering hull). Yet every time I vote, the ship I like tend to be the loser :P
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    I voted Sigma because it and Epsilon look like alternate skins of the same overall ship, and I like customization options.

That, and the more I look at it the more Omega's pylon/nacelle arrangement bugs me. If we had fore, aft, and three-quarter sketches to work with I think it would be better for picking one, but as it is I prefer Epsilon/Sigma.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    My thing is, people who're voting for Omega keep talking about 'the hanger in the middle' - where does anything say that's a hanger? Show me. It keeps getting compared to Jupiter, look at Jupiter, there's a neck in front and then nacelle struts in the rear with negative space in between, if 'Omega is the New Jupiter', what makes people think that's a hanger and not the same negative space?

Hmm, most interesting. But it must have for sure a hanger or better said hangers, so the crew can put their uniform after wash/dry, you know :P Sry couldnt help it lol

Seriously now. First, you are right. That white line may be negative space. Thus brings in light something like this: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/CAS-class_Assault_Carrier. Wich I suspect, if that white line is negative space, that omega carrier will resemble that Halo carrier in the launch method of its pets. Altho its very small so this could suggests that we may not get frigates pets afterall :( Alas, at least thats how I see things. I may be completly wrong of course.
    As for the omega been the jupiter, I had no clue about that until I saw forum posts around. I mean, I've must have seen the ship at some point, but completly forgot about it since its not common.
  • reikontenshireikontenshi Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    caleb143 wrote: »
    I like the compact design of Sigma, but Omega seems like a nicer meld of 'Carrier' and the Iconic Federation design with the Nacelles clearly visible. That, saddled with how it looks a bit like the Jupiter class, as well as what I can only assume is a Through-and-Through Hangar Bay in the profile pic, seems more promising

Gee....it's almost like Cryptic is trying to prejudice us towards Omega....it's almost like they only designed one hull for the ship, & then creating a fake "contest" to build up hype about it, which slants the voters heavily towards that design so that they feel like they contributed & spend more money on the game...

...but we all know that corporations don't do sneaky & underhanded stuff like that, right?

Right?

• zisko#6191 zisko Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Went with Omega, Sigma is just a copy of Epsilon.
  • sgoneillsgoneill Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    #TeamSigma
    caleb143 wrote: »
    I like the compact design of Sigma, but Omega seems like a nicer meld of 'Carrier' and the Iconic Federation design with the Nacelles clearly visible. That, saddled with how it looks a bit like the Jupiter class, as well as what I can only assume is a Through-and-Through Hangar Bay in the profile pic, seems more promising

Gee....it's almost like Cryptic is trying to prejudice us towards Omega....it's almost like they only designed one hull for the ship, & then creating a fake "contest" to build up hype about it, which slants the voters heavily towards that design so that they feel like they contributed & spend more money on the game...

...but we all know that corporations don't do sneaky & underhanded stuff like that, right?

Right?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUM5xHUY4M