test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need help with PvE Vesta build

funnytom66funnytom66 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hey all. I am a returning sci player running a Vulcan captain, and I am looking for some build advice to help me improve in PvE. In space I like to use a combination of gravity wells + energy siphon to drag everyone in together and then wail on them with my weapons, and like to pack enough heals to survive. Can anyone advise me on:
My skills and weapon choices. I realize that my current build is a little unfocused (I run a forward torp launcher and cannons), and I would be interested in hearing if people think it is a sensible way to go; in particular what torp would be best for me.
My shields, engines ect. I'm currently running the aegis set, and I get the feeling it is a little past its used by date.
My ground set. I'm running the old MACO set at the moment, and I would like to know what is actually good at the moment.
Link to my current build: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=funnytomvestabuild_0

I've got a couple of tasty consoles in there as I have a friend who has some badass gear and is very generous.

Cheers all

Comments

• Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Torpedo - Particle Emission Plasma; slot Torpedo Spread instead of High Yield.

PEP torpedos Snare and deal exotic damage, they'll combo well with your grav wells and particle exciter.

The Solanae set from the Dyson Sphere mission line is easy to get; the deflector gives an excellent bonus to exotic damage and the rest of the set is pretty solid, all-round.

You mentioned liking to drain, but I wouldn't really say you're set up for it; you should probably choose to focus on either an exotic damage or drain build.. they generally require quite different setups.
  • Options
    antep01antep01 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2015