test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOO MANY TORPEDOES! (And other bugs in 10/1/15 build)

jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Tribble - Bug Reports
When I hopped into Argala to test out the new Terran gear, I noticed that once I got my attacks rolling, the photons just plain don't stop firing. I don't know if this is by design, but it certainly SEEMS like it would be a bug - they shoot so often that they are firing faster than my DHCs, and will target every ship in range just as fast if I have Torp Spread in the mix.

I have posted a video here.

I have also had recurring crashes to the login screen like we had when S10/10.5 rolled out, and Device slot items that are slotted in the activity trays do not stick across map changes. These are annoying bugs, and if I am seeing them multiple times in the course of an hours playtime, it's gonna be a "bring down the servers to fix it" kind of issue if they make it to live.
Post edited by jaturnley on

Comments

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    jaturnley wrote: »
    When I hopped into Argala to test out the new Terran gear, I noticed that once I got my attacks rolling, the photons just plain don't stop firing. I don't know if this is by design, but it certainly SEEMS like it would be a bug - they shoot so often that they are firing faster than my DHCs, and will target every ship in range just as fast if I have Torp Spread in the mix.

I am posting a video here, but it's about an hour from being finished uploading (stupid slow upstream).

I have also had recurring crashes to the login screen like we had when S10/10.5 rolled out, and Device slot items that are slotted in the activity trays do not stick across map changes. These are annoying bugs, and if I am seeing them multiple times in the course of an hours playtime, it's gonna be a "bring down the servers to fix it" kind of issue if they make it to live.

I can confirm that if you activate a torpedo ability such as High Yield or Spread while you have the Terran Taskforce Munitions full set equipped, your ship continues to fire torpedoes after the enhancement wears off, even with another torpedo (tested using resonant transphasics). I'm guessing it has something to do with the secondary torpedo launchers ability.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Can confirm this. even more hilarious when you're fighting an enemy that becomes invincible after % of damage. You keep firing until you're out of range.
  • thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    Confirmed. I wonder what would happen if you started firing at an invicible target with those...
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    thibash wrote: »
    Confirmed. I wonder what would happen if you started firing at an invicible target with those...

According to reddit, you keep firing until you run out of range and end combat.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Borticus is already aware of the bug and it's related to the Kemocite bug so both might get squashed with the S11 release.
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Borticus is already aware of the bug and it's related to the Kemocite bug so both might get squashed with the S11 release.
    Daww...I wants to pepper stuff with torpedos..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• orionsruleorionsrule Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I've got a fun one. With the Stay on Target starship trait active, you just have to line up on a target and let the trait fire once at the target. Without even activating the terran 3 piece set it starts launching photons at the target.

Then pick a new target, line up on it and the torp starts attacking the new target after the trait hits, all the while it continues to fire at the previous target.

I was in Japori doing this and had the torps firing at four targets at once. I never once fired any weapons and made it through the third wave befor I had to leave because I was laughing too hard.
  • psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Daww...I wants to pepper stuff with torpedos..

The best borg are seasoned to perfection
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Guroth would be so proud. RIP
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    orionsrule wrote: »
    I've got a fun one. With the Stay on Target starship trait active, you just have to line up on a target and let the trait fire once at the target. Without even activating the terran 3 piece set it starts launching photons at the target.

Then pick a new target, line up on it and the torp starts attacking the new target after the trait hits, all the while it continues to fire at the previous target.

I was in Japori doing this and had the torps firing at four targets at once. I never once fired any weapons and made it through the third wave befor I had to leave because I was laughing too hard.
    Yep. Notice in my video, I am playing on elite and cutting through ships with ~1 million hull in seconds. I haven't run a DPS tracker, but it's got to be in the hundred thousand range or better.