test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random zone change crashing?

Ever since yesterday my game has been suddenly crashing about once every four or so zone changes. The only thing I have done differently is purchase new ships. So is it just me or is this something happening to a lot of folks out there? I have not been on yet today, so I am not sure if it continues after the patch or not...I'll update later on that.

Comments

• centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    I submitted a bug report on a similar problem last week; in my case, I've been using the same ships for some weeks, but any map change can cause STO to lock up completely. In these cases, I have to use the Task Manager to regain control of my comp, and restart STO normally. The baffling part is that this problem happens at all times of day/night, but the help desk people want to focus on my trace route, rather than the conditions of the crash itself.

Most of the time this crash/freeze occurs when I am leaving a social zone, going to the Delta quadrant, or returning to normal play at the close of an episode mission. However, I have begun to see the same problem with even a SubSpace Fold jump while traveling within a quadrant (during Tour The Galaxy, for instance). I have not been on since today's maintenance, so I'm hoping it's been fixed... :o
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • navar#3536 navar Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Sounds like the case I was having yesterday. My screen would go to the loading screen, load to exactly 47% and then my system tells me the program has crashed. So far I have not had this today, so maybe whatever bug was causing it yesterday is no longer there? No clue. So far so good though today. I normally don't even bring these issues up because this is really only the second time I have seen crashes in this game in a very long time...like since Beta and release. And every time I have ever seen crashes in this game, them magically stop after a patch. Odd thing is though, this last patch mentioned nothing of any crash fixes. So I figured I would come here and see who else has these issues lately.
  • dri55tdri55t Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I wasn't having this bug until a few days ago. Now it is increasing in frequency every day. I can get 1-2 loading screens to work before I crash now. also changing from 1 toon to another THEN BACK again is guaranteed 100% repeatable crash.
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    If it's not a slow loading screen, it's one that won't load at all. If it's not SNRing until it times out and DCs, it's SNRing for all eternity and you wind up hitting the off button. Either the server maintenance and repair teams are being reassigned to work on the big season 11 launch, or they're on vacation.
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    had this happen for months........i just re-start thr game and ignore it
  • kbong85kbong85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    um im still suffering this issue as well what is going on
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I've been having this happen for months now and it is REALLY annoying. PLEASE go to my Bug Report and contribute anything you can that might help get to the root of the problem!!!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1205674/map-transition-whitescreen-freeze-crash

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    what windows you guys using im still on win 7 and have no issues at all have heard win 8-10 have problems with the game but since i dot run it myself cannot actually validate those claims but its worth looking into.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    messahla wrote: »
    what windows you guys using im still on win 7 and have no issues at all have heard win 8-10 have problems with the game but since i dot run it myself cannot actually validate those claims but its worth looking into.

Windows 8.1--though the problem did NOT start until partway through the Iconian War season.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    messahla wrote: »

Windows 8.1--though the problem did NOT start until partway through the Iconian War season.

Then it could be with the coding all i can go by is other players who dont haunt the forum that have been having issues with the game while running win 8-10.

Hopefully there will be a solution to this issue soon
  • huntor2huntor2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I have the same problem. It's starting to be REALLY annoying.
  • kabilarkabilar Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I still have the crash problems on my win 7 for months now.

In the morning and early afternoon CET time there are almost no crashes. The most I get are in the late afternoon and evening.

The most crashes are between 40% and 45%. The last week sometimes between 90% and 95%.

Hope they can fix this soon.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I recall it being mentioned that this is related to the DX9.
    Hopefully this means this particular bug will be history soon since tribble has recently introduced a patch for DX9 related crashes.

The zone change crashes started to occur for me around the same time i didn't have to use safe mode any more to log in so that also leads me to believe its somehow related to directX​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    I get around one crash per hour on average, often during CCA or as others have said, during loading.
    Ive been having this problem for a couple of months now. Im actually logging in less of late because I cant be bothered to try and WIN a few mins stable gametime.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".