test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Terran Task Force Reputation

Comments

• Options
    daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I like the ground armor visuals and the set is good to. For the Space Weapon Set one i`ts great for torpedoes but for me is useless, the warp core, deflector and Engines are good will see how good when start testing.
    The ground Kit Modules are awesome. For the trait only the ground one are any good for me, the space ones are great for torpedo bots.
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    Damm this sux :p . Was hoping it wouldnt look nice so not to farm the items at least, since it looks like the space and ground queues will suck big time. But I guess the battlezone would have to do it, same as it was with the undine bz and the counter-command rep.

Anyway, the ground set visuals, both the armor and the weapons, look just awesome. Kudos to the artists who designed them.
    As for the bonuses, both ground and space, I would've expected some sort of cloak, or something related to stealth, since... its the klingons that developed this, moreso, a house that its supposed to be stealthy and all that...
    But whatever... its good at least that torps get some love.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    "Tactical – Assault Kit Module – Micro Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk XII"

Shut up and take my money.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Can't wait to take a look at that photon mini torp.

Also, whats the thing under the Bat'leth? I can't figure it out...

EDIT: the gun looks like it has teeth lol.

I'm reasonably sure that the thing under the Bat'leth is the Bat'leth in its stowed position. Meaning that it collapses when its stowed and then extends when its drawn for combat. Could be wrong, but that's how I see it.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    Well this certainly looks interesting. I'm not a big kinetic user, but my Rommie sci will love this. GWs, PEP, Neutronic... and then this... to quote George Takei... Oh My... XD.

My mains however are mostly energy users, so unfortunately this won't benefit them much. As for the ground set, I'd want to see actual numbers before making comments, since I'm sorry to say that the Ico Resistance Ground Set is freakin monstrously tanky, and it'll be hard to get me out of it.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    This warp core... And the space weapons set will be great for torpedo builds.
    deleroux wrote: »
    WTB space set visuals.
    +1.

Here is to hoping this is a hint of a T6 B'rel lol.

I am wondering if torpedo bridge officer means a tact boff with a torpedo skill or are we getting a specific new kind of boff/ship boff stations as well as a hint of more T6 ships that are more known for torpedoes than anything else. Which if this is the case I wonder why the T6 armitage came out already. So many questions come to mind but very little info on them.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    The armour costume reminds me a bit of Tholians. But when "greened" appropriately, it would look positively Romulan :smiley:

The sets have a Klingon vibe to them :) Disruptors, bat'leth...​​
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    So we took the Omega Carbine and stuck a meter barrel on the front of it?

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    guljarol wrote: »
    The armour costume reminds me a bit of Tholians. But when "greened" appropriately, it would look positively Romulan :smiley:

The sets have a Klingon vibe to them :) Disruptors, bat'leth...​​

Here's hoping they can be "greened" appropriately. If the customization options on the armor are decent, I could definitely see it replacing my Omega armor as my go-to "battle outfit".

And the blog mentions that this was all stuff invented by House Pegh for use against the Federation, hence the Klingon theme.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Someone better tell your code monkeys to make sure proper green is a color option for that armor. Since y'all are too stingy to make an actual Romulan rep ground gear set with actual Romulan visuals, this beauty will be the next best thing. Bonus points if the red bits also have a purple option, but I'm shooting for the moon on that one.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    The Rep looks good. I might do this one.

Please add a story per Tier, at least give a goal to do it. Without a story with it, I'm more reluctant to do it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Would be good if we can choose which torpedo launcher to use with the Munitions set. Since also quantums are definitely and possibly transphasic, Federation technology. The Federation use both photons and quantums on their ships.
    Post edited by raj011 on
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    this is as close as we are getting to a full cloak for all ships so enjoy
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    Another ground speed boost. This and the Delta Rep boosts will be popular in this Winter Event.

And I bet that people will favor grinding Rep in the Battlezone over the new Queues? :tongue:
  • Options
    iranoveryourdogiranoveryourdog Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    mosul33 wrote: »
    Damm this sux :p . Was hoping it wouldnt look nice so not to farm the items at least, since it looks like the space and ground queues will suck big time. But I guess the battlezone would have to do it, same as it was with the undine bz and the counter-command rep.

Anyway, the ground set visuals, both the armor and the weapons, look just awesome. Kudos to the artists who designed them.
    As for the bonuses, both ground and space, I would've expected some sort of cloak, or something related to stealth, since... its the klingons that developed this, moreso, a house that its supposed to be stealthy and all that...

Klingons got their cloaking tech from the Romulans... I think it's even mentioned in one of the story missions.

That bat'leth looks like someone duct-taped a bunch of knives together... doesn't even look like a bat'leth :/
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Another ground speed boost. This and the Delta Rep boosts will be popular in this Winter Event.

And I bet that people will favor grinding Rep in the Battlezone over the new Queues? :tongue:
    Depends on how hard the queues are. For the BZ people have to go to the trouble of flying to the Alpha Q. Unless the rep gives us a free TW button for the Badlands or something...
    mosul33 wrote: »

Klingons got their cloaking tech from the Romulans... I think it's even mentioned in one of the story missions.

That bat'leth looks like someone duct-taped a bunch of knives together... doesn't even look like a bat'leth :/
    I was thinking that this is what a batleth designed by Borg would look like.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Did anyone notice resemblance with undine/voth armors on those ground uniforms? Come on guys where is the inspiration...did we ran out of juice to make something more unique instead of just copy/paste from previous rep systems? dino5-4.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    Did anyone notice resemblance with undine/voth armors on those ground uniforms? Come on guys where is the inspiration...did we ran out of juice to make something more unique instead of just copy/paste from previous rep systems? dino5-4.gif​​
    It doesn't look like Undine armor to me...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Hey ya'll! I uploaded some high-res shots of the Armor and Bat'leth here for you. Enjoy!

~LaughingTrendy
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Hey ya'll! I uploaded some high-res shots of the Armor and Bat'leth here for you. Enjoy!

~LaughingTrendy

Very nice! I really can't wait to get that Bat'leth.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    I'm getting a real good Destiny armor vibe from this set. I love it.
  • Options
    johrmantieganjohrmantiegan Member Posts: 46 Arc User

~LaughingTrendy

That is some smexy Armor and Bat'leth pics. Going to have to load up on those!
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Someone better tell your code monkeys to make sure proper green is a color option for that armor. Since y'all are too stingy to make an actual Romulan rep ground gear set with actual Romulan visuals, this beauty will be the next best thing. Bonus points if the red bits also have a purple option, but I'm shooting for the moon on that one.

I dunno, I made a pretty nice-looking armor suit for my Fed Rom from the Delta Alliance armor (with the addition of the goggles from the Intel costume).
    Morgan%20tThavrau%20battle%20armor_zpsxipxlgsm.png
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    The "Tactical Bat'leth" looks fantastic, I'll be getting some of them.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    My only issue with this rep is the inclusion rather than exclusion of House Pratfall, as in the Klingons' so-called "special operations unit" that couldn't carry off a successful covert mission if they stamped a Klingon logo on an SAS operation after-the-fact.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Hey ya'll! I uploaded some high-res shots of the Armor and Bat'leth...
    Good of you. I will reiterate at this point my two major suggestions for the set:

1. the rifle, in its current form, looks like something from the Iconian Resistance armory; might I suggest applying the bat'leth's color/texture to it? Bonus points if that orangeish 'glow' is replaced with a suitable dark red or green;
    2. since this gear is being developed as a tripartite joint effort, it would be logical to give players a choice of melee weapon - imagine a lirpa or sword (honestly, I'd prefer using the Nausicaan tegolar sword model as a basis) with that color/texture

Sort of related: why isn't black an available base color for the MACO armor? Some security guards around Starfleet Academy and fleet starbases wear it, as do a couple of NPCs on Kobali Prime and - most notably - Facility 4028's photonic staff... so why can't players follow suit if they desire?
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    A very nice Rep system. As a lover of things Terran, Klingon, and Romulan, I am very excited for this expanion. *salutes, Roman style*

Two questions, though.

Will Terran Federation NPCs be using "Terran Disruptor" weapons, or something else?
    Will there be any other selection for melee weapons, besides the Bat'leth, something more "Terran" perhaps?
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    you are gonna love the warp core:

Up to 5 power to each subsystem, power increased while on combat.
    +35 to EPS
    +17.5 to weapon performance
    weapon capacitor
    [W->A]

And the new console reduces torpedo shared cooldown by 0.5, the console+torpedo bonus gives you +13% torpedo damage and the new torpedo deals up to 200% more damage as enemy hull decreases, that thing is insane for torpedo boats.

The micro-torpedo deals kinetic damage not physical btw.