test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admiralty system does not add ships to roster on acquire

dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
What: Admiralty system does not auto add ships to roster on acquire

How to reproduce: Open ship packet and then discharge ship. Ship will not have been added to roster.

Problem if left: When system arrives on Holodck and people go and open ships from promo boxes some will not make it in to ship roster unless they are reminded to go and look at Admiralty system before discharging the ship.

Alternative: Have discharge code also add ship to admiralty roster if not present.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles

Comments

• suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    I can confirm the issue. It is somewhat serious and should not be ignored before releasing S11 live, as it'll almost certainly result in a lot of permanently lost ships.

The problem is that an Admirality Ship is added ONLY when the DOFF/R&D/Admirality tab window is opened, not with the acquisition of the ship itself.

So, if you claim a ship solely for its admirality 'card', and discharge it immediatelly without opening the doff window, you won't get the 'card'.

It's not a big deal with ships you can reclaim, but for Tribble testing I've opened several mirror and old event ships (like the Obelisk) and discharged them immediatelly to free up ship slots, only to find out I didn't get their admirality ships at all.

I've switched to another character, claimed the ships, then opened up the assignment tab. At that moment I saw all the ships I claimed pop out above the chat window, as the new item received.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    Yeah, we're investigating this. It's important to get the claim process working well.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"