test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet purple DOFF bound to char but found on exchange... what the heck?

alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
Hi all,

I was surfing the exchange and found that Fleet Personnel Duty Officer Very Rare Quality were sold for millions.

Having an old char with plenty of fleet credits that I didn't know how to use and wanting EC, I bought six from my fleet.

Then I discovered they were bound to character. Double checked the exchange and the very same item were still sold.

Explanation? Refund? I dumped 120,000 Fleet Credit for the wrong information I got from the Exchange.
I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told

Comments

• Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    It used to be possible to unbind them. People abused that mechanic publically during an event and they fixed it, so they can't be unbound any more. This explains higher price on exchange (as only legacy ones can be sold).

Just open and use/sell the doffs that you get.

And you didn't get wrong information from the exchange. You saw something on there, made an assumption about it, and took a risk on the basis of that assumption. Unfortunately it didn't pay off. Hopefully you get a couple of nice doffs (Technician, Res Lab, etc) to offset those losses.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    Yes, like gazurtoid said, the boxes are bound to character, but the Doffs themselves are not... If you open the box, the Doffs can then be sold on the exchange. But beware, they may not sell for what you want them to...

I would say you learned a lesson, if nothing else. Stuff like that happened to me too when I first started playing. I can't tell you how many valuable items I deleted from the mail system not understanding I needed to be at a kiosk to re-collect them...

Cheers!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Thanks everyone for the kind and precise answers!

I guess I'll keep them.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If you really want personnel you can sell, you can take them to the academy and exchange for blues, or go to the alpha quadrant and look for an officer exchange.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg