test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread for Assault on Terok Nor

Please use this thread to discuss issues found and feedback for our new PvE Queue Assault on Terok Nor.

Assault on Terok Nor:

Comments

• Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Biggest thing, for at least normal difficulty, turn off interrupt while being damaged, makes the final boss a pain in the you know where.

Other then that, maybe reduce the spawns a bit in the part where you need to defend the technicians.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    I loved it!

We had a somewhat pug Team, most of us being bug bashers and on normal it took about 15 Minutes, which makes me very happy that it wasn't a steamroll but wasn't a long mess either.

Very Well Done!!

I have a long list of assets from this map that I want added to the foundry though. :smile:
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Just tested AoTN and I'll admit, it was acceptable. However, I feel there was somethings that needed improved.

First Part (Cargo Bay) - I didn't understand what the objective was, and I was the last one zoning through after mid-zone patching. NPCs got stuck in the wall that we had to use alternate means like the Concusion Wave Trait to kill the NPCs stuck in the walls.

Also, the first Objective failed within minutes of starting. Nobody understood why.

Second Part (Consoles) - Everyone was lost what to do. Nobody knew what the sequence was. We all agreed that if this was live, this would surely cause great anger in groups. Especially with PuGs. Something needs to be addressed. Perhaps consoles changing colors after it was interacted.

All Optionals Failed after the timer ended.

Third Part (Leeta) - I actually liked the fight with Mirror Leeta. Though the platforms were not working, even when we got her on them. Also be nice if there was a glowing effect when they are used to know they were infact in-use.
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    We tried the mission on elite, link to a video at the end. All these impressions/points are based on the elite version!
    Overall its a nice designed mission and we had some fun while playing it.

The Console use in Stage 2 is awesome since it seems to be random every time. Great idea!
    The Bossfight at the end is really nice with the mechanic needed to kill her. Even the interrupt while trying to use the Console is good (improves the required teamplay).

Issues:
    - For elite the enemies seemed a bit too weak (normal enemies only ~2k hp, nothing compared to other missions like hive ground elite)
    - finished optionals doesnt count, or at least they it says that at the end screen
    - Maybe make it possible to skip the cutsceen during a replay
    stage 1:
    - its possible to clear all enemies from both sides with a delta t5 ability, but not sure if this could be changed.
    - the instant respawn from the enemies should reward the player, increase the reward at the end as an additional optional or something like that
    stage 2:
    - is it intended that only one person could do the consoles during the second part?
    - it could happen that you get stucked in a crate after the cutscene
    stage 3(Bossfight):
    - leeta needs more hp to increase the duration of the bossfight
    - you get moved directly to the center from the console in the bossfight while using it, might be better to interact directly without getting moved
    - an indicator/buff when she is invincible could help to identify what happens
    - is it intended that leeta have random aggro at the end? or is this only a problem with the dmg imunity in combination with heals

video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgqTo-wA5UQ#t=10m15s
    Post edited by felisean on
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I ran through the mission twice on normal and both times at the same spot in the cargo bay we could not kill the enemies stuck in the wall. We tried shooter mode and grenades. Shooter mode would target them but they wouldn't take any damage. I even tried going behind the rack but same problem. Since we couldn't complete objective we couldn't proceed further. I have provided a screenshot. I may attempt again another day.
    tumblr_nveuoo632k1tl8r0co1_1280.png
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    It is refreshing that we're finally being given a mission that actually requires some brain power.

Tribble has been playing up for me too badly to test this as well as I'd like, might have to try a full re-install at some point to see if that fixes it. However, that being said I have the following observations:
    1. As others have mentioned, the first stage is prone to enemies getting stuck in places around the cargo hold that are hard to get at and therefore kill. Some powers will reach but this will obviously interrupt the flow of the mission.
    2. Leeta needs to be more of a threat in general, she's fairly weak and although I like her (not as bothered about the fire caves mission being pulled now) she needs to do more damage and also have higher resistance to damage in one way or more.
    3. The consoles are a great idea and I do love it, though I imagine pugs will rage about them it isn't all that hard as the consoles do tell you if your getting the right sequence up to a point. Simple process of elimination and I'm glad we now have something that forces an element of survival and not just shooting targets.
    4. The mobs in general need to be more threatening.

Apart from those I rather enjoyed the mission. Hopefully I can sort tribble out and I can test this a bit more.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    My first run of it was hectic.

As previously stated, enemies tend to get stuck in certain spots in the work bay, making them difficult to eliminate.

The console part was frustrating because, as I saw it, the correct order is gradually discovered by the NPC. However that information is not tracked and requires memorization and attention as clues are announced. There needs to be some sort of on-screen display of this information so that the team is aware of the correct sequence as it is revealed by the NPC. On elite, this display can be omitted to increase difficulty and emphasize teamwork/pre-planning.

Leeta could use a bit of a boost in difficulty. Then again, I played on normal, so I expected her to be an easy boss.

Also, a side note about the map. If we're being deployed from a Defiant class ship at the start, why not use the Belfast interiors? :p
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    The console part needs better indicators, and more contrasting colors - it's hard to tell what's yellow/green from a glance, since the "yellow glow" that shows interaction ability can confuse at a glance.

Also, the audio with Leeta is distorted at several parts. It honestly sounds amateurish. It needs to be re-recorded. How this got to release is beyond me.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I was in a fight where Leeta bugged out and got stuck behind the force field protecting the Orb, and there was nothing we could do to draw her out of there. The only way our team managed to fix this was for us to all die at the same time and respawn simultaneously.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.