test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cardassian Revamp, Skill Points and the Delta Quardrant Missions

Ever since I saw the revamp of the Cardassian missions I've been torn between joy - because damn it was overdue and the new ones look good - and trepidation. The trepidation comes from the level gate in the Delta Quadrant mission.
I just made a new captain last week and she hit the Delta Quadrant level gate today. She's just shy of level 56 and the next mission available is The Dragon's Deceit which is a level 56 mission.
Now the gap between her and the next level isn't insurmountable, so I'll live with it and just go mark hunting, patroling and stuff until it happens, but it'll get worse as there are only two level 56 missions which is no where near enough to get her to 57 where the next missions are, and so on and so forth until she hits level 60.
Now, 3 levels and change isn't that much to slog through, even in at the high 50s, so I will most definitely survive it even without bonus xp weekends and whatnot, but what worries me are characters made after the Cardassian revamp hits where something like 14 missions gets cut own to 4. That's about 10 missions worth of skill points that the characters will be lacking by the time they hit the Delta Quadrant and therefore they will hit the level gate much sooner and much harder than I have.

So I wonder, have anyone heard if this is anything Cryptic have considered in their revamp? And if so, how? (First idea that comes to mind is lowering the level gate for the Delta missions so you don't have to be 60 until somewhere in the Iconian arc)
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    The revamped Romulan arc had exp that equaled around the same as what it replaced, which was around the same amount of episodes as the current Cardie arc. It's reasonable to assume that the exp value will be roughly the same after the revamp.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    The really bad thing about those missions that are going away is that they were lengthy and repetitive, And they gave very low experience for some reason, so it will be not much lost.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    orangeitis wrote: »
    The revamped Romulan arc had exp that equaled around the same as what it replaced, which was around the same amount of episodes as the current Cardie arc. It's reasonable to assume that the exp value will be roughly the same after the revamp.

I'm not quite obsessed enough to go check what the current skill point total of the missions that are going are and then compare to the total of what we're getting, but I hope you're right.

That said, they still have a problem in the Delta missions. Maybe not as much of one as I fear it'll be, but still a considerable one. And given that we now have the Iconian missions too, which are all behind a level 60 gate don't really understand why they don't lower it for the Delta missions.
  • Options
    darleathdarleath Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    The main problem with experience is, esentially, Doffing. I have a high amount of characters on my account (9, with 3 open slots), and while I play with the same group almost always (when I play, since I'm on the casual side of the game since before the launch of Delta) I make a point of logging at least once every two days with all my toons and doff what I can in the map they are in.
    For example, I have a Delta recruit lv 56 who has finished the Romulan Mistery arc, thanks to doffing, some Red Alerts and STF's after hitting 60 (I have 3 T6 ships, plus 3 free ones... I'm hunting for the traits XD) and the story missions.
    On the other hand, a player with only one char who makes it today will find a low, low progression, specialy if he doesn't think about the doffing system.
    Where is the bar? counting the use of the doffing system, or assuming you will llevel without using it much? Cryptic has decided to count with the use.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    darleath wrote: »
    The main problem with experience is, esentially, Doffing. I have a high amount of characters on my account (9, with 3 open slots), and while I play with the same group almost always (when I play, since I'm on the casual side of the game since before the launch of Delta) I make a point of logging at least once every two days with all my toons and doff what I can in the map they are in.
    For example, I have a Delta recruit lv 56 who has finished the Romulan Mistery arc, thanks to doffing, some Red Alerts and STF's after hitting 60 (I have 3 T6 ships, plus 3 free ones... I'm hunting for the traits XD) and the story missions.
    On the other hand, a player with only one char who makes it today will find a low, low progression, specialy if he doesn't think about the doffing system.
    Where is the bar? counting the use of the doffing system, or assuming you will llevel without using it much? Cryptic has decided to count with the use.

I have doffed on this character since she was able to do so, which granted was Wednesday last week very few hours after I made her.(Obsessive? Who? Me?) So she gives a realistic picture of what can be expected when there aren't all sorts of xp bonus weeks/events/ect going on. And yeah, it's slow once you hit 50 and after you hit the mid-50s it's really, really slow since you constantly run into the level gate where the missions are concerned. Not sure I'm going to give a damn about the story missions until I'm 60
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    I'm not quite obsessed enough to go check what the current skill point total of the missions that are going are and then compare to the total of what we're getting, but I hope you're right.

That said, they still have a problem in the Delta missions. Maybe not as much of one as I fear it'll be, but still a considerable one. And given that we now have the Iconian missions too, which are all behind a level 60 gate don't really understand why they don't lower it for the Delta missions.

The Numbers were already crunched. Currently we have 13 Cardassian Missions with the Federation storyline and it's being replaced with 4.

And working on the Alts to get the Cardassian Accolades before they are removed, it took me 3 days on each character to fullly go through the arc. But with the revamp on Tribble, I literally was done with the content within 2 hours. So while we may get the "same experience we lost", its rushing even faster to endgame and that wall of grind.

Personally, some of those missions need to stay. Even if it's not part of the main storyline.
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User

The Numbers were already crunched. Currently we have 13 Cardassian Missions with the Federation storyline and it's being replaced with 4.

And working on the Alts to get the Cardassian Accolades before they are removed, it took me 3 days on each character to fullly go through the arc. But with the revamp on Tribble, I literally was done with the content within 2 hours. So while we may get the "same experience we lost", its rushing even faster to endgame and that wall of grind.

Personally, some of those missions need to stay. Even if it's not part of the main storyline.

I do know that a 1st run mission gives more experience and skill points than they do when they are replayed.

So your saying if you add up all 13 1st run missions skill and experience points and compare them to the new 4 missions they will come out the same.

I highly doubt that.

Anyone know what the 1st run experience and skill point are?

I can only see what the replay value is.

• Options
    jrq2 wrote: »
    I do know that a 1st run mission gives more experience and skill points than they do when they are replayed.

So your saying if you add up all 13 1st run missions skill and experience points and compare them to the new 4 missions they will come out the same.

I highly doubt that.

And I highly doubt people will bother doing replays. Because the last four years have made that all too clear.
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User

I highly doubt that.

And I highly doubt people will bother doing replays. Because the last four years have made that all too clear.

You are totally missing the point, the original post was referring to new players or new characters. Once again, if one were to start a new character will the four new missions give the same amount of skill and experience points as the soon to be removed 13 missions?
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    Make the beta quadrant patrols dailies and make 3 wrapper missions like in the delta arc to introduce players to them. Done.
    And those patrols are easy compared to the delta patrols, so they will not drag as much.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    orangeitis wrote: »

The missions being removed only reward ~4500 sp on the initial run. I expect the new ones to come in at around 10k+ each, similar to the spoon head missions at the end of the series.

• Options
    You are totally missing the point, the original post was referring to new players or new characters. Once again, if one were to start a new character will the four new missions give the same amount of skill and experience points as the soon to be removed 13 missions?

How about you get a calculator and run the numbers. Because from where I stand, that would be a no.

Which is funny given people still complaining about hitting level walls with Delta Rising content, nearly a year after it launched. So it really doesn't make sense to remove content based on that alone. But hey, at least you can get done with the new revamped episodes in an hour.
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    I never hit the level gap. I went straight to 60, but along the way I replayed a lot of missions to equip my toon. If a mission reward was something I could use, I'd replay it, (sometimes at several levels along the way, as I did with the Caustic Plasma Beams you find on a low-level mission in the Romulan arc.) I had to grind multiple times to equip my ship, then more as I acquired new ships. This allowed me to save EC and Dil for now, when I'm looking for a good top tier ship for my captain.

Hmm, I wonder if Caustic Plasma can be upgraded to gold...