test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will Iconian Tech ever be available?

I think it would be cool to have Iconian Tech available in the game. Space & ground weapons. especially that ground energy weapon that looks like a staff stick and the iconian gateway firing that huge beam. How about it cryptic? sometime in the future???

Answers

• Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    never, i hope.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    Hmm, no. Not gonna happen. The Iconians aren;t going to share
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Soon. TM
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I can't say I'm happy about it, but it is likely we'll see it soon.
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    I suspect it's nearly guaranteed we'll see Iconian ships in lockboxes, and at least some degree of Iconian ground/space gear, either from mission rewards, a new reputation, lockbox, or lobi store (most likely one of the latter two, because $$$ above all else).
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I strongly suspect *cough cough* that a Herald lockbox is on the horizon....

I strongly suspect you are correct. Proof? Undine lockbox.

Also isn't the MU in the upcoming season supposed to be using mirror iconian super tech? And isn't there going to be an MU reputation too?​​
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I strongly suspect *cough cough* that a Herald lockbox is on the horizon....

Thanks to your suspect, I was able to suspect the same thing as well (I was unable to suspect anything for a time)!! :blush:
    ryuga81.png
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    I think it would be cool to have Iconian Tech available in the game. Space & ground weapons. especially that ground energy weapon that looks like a staff stick and the iconian gateway firing that huge beam. How about it cryptic? sometime in the future???

Maybe in one or two millennia when the iconians break their self imposed isolation.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    berahtberaht Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Any tech which might come can be attributed to reverse-engineering captured tech for those concerned about the RP issues surrounding any incoming Iconian tech.
    6e5OTnq.png
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    I definitely want a Herald staff. And can I get a trait that makes me float, too?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I want that mace that the defilers use. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Hmm, no. Not gonna happen. The Iconians aren;t going to share

I agree they would not share willingly. That said, I do have to wonder given the number of scuttled Herald ships, or dead Herald troops that left their staves behind, what we might manage to salvage/steal or reverse-engineer.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    next lockbox: iconian lockbox
    accordign to the lockbox history
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The Ferengi are heavy busy plundering the sites of all major battles, after they are done they will box all the stuff and most likely allow Cryptic to sell the Keys.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    valenn1 wrote: »
    The Ferengi are heavy busy plundering the sites of all major battles, after they are done they will box all the stuff and most likely allow Cryptic to sell the Keys.

*points Krenim weapon at Ferenginar*

*gets all our money back*
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Hmph. Maybe I'm just not trying hard enough, but I haven't been able to confirm anyone's suspicions.

On topic, I'd be happy never seeing Iconian tech in player hands, if only for the radically different aesthetic most of it has. It was okay when it was on a mysterious species separated from Milky Way powers for 200,000 years, but seeing it pop up all over might be an immersion breaker.
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    Before they give us the staff stick they need to give us jem'hadar halberds.
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    They gave us Undine ships weapons, but Borg (the other big enemies) they have given a very limited weapon selection.

Personally, I want Iconian stuff (love the Iconians, so glad with the decisions made with them, such as being a limited number, all female race). However, I also don't want it, as it would seem sort of out of place. Doing it Borg style may be best, a limited number of ground weapons and possibly a few space items (such as a Lobi Set) as these could realistically have been salvaged, even though Iconian tech does tend to self-destruct most of the time.

If you want immersion, just ignore every single other player (unless you are on a team *aka Taskforce*), because for story purposes, there is just one "Captain" (AKA Player Character), yours. While I haven't quite figured it out, but there are 3 Player Characters story wise first off, but the 2 you are not (E.g. If you are Rom, the KDF and Fed die) die off at some point in the story.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Playable Species 8472 Bioships.

This game has long jumped the shark on playable ship limitations.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    If you people remember the story arc Iconian missions Captain Nog already stated they can't reverse engineer their tech, so no herald lock box.
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    If you people remember the story arc Iconian missions Captain Nog already stated they can't reverse engineer their tech, so no herald lock box.

Nothing stands in the way of a new Lockbox.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    It makes more sense for him to say they haven't figured it out yet.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Well, I too [i]suspect[/i] that the next box is Iconian, but...

NOOOO!!!!!!!

People were complaining enough about fighting Space Wizards in a Star Trek game, the Devs decided to let us BE the Space Wizards, too?

Ugh. On the one hand, I kinda agree, so yuck. On the other hand, I'll likely not say much more on the subject, but we'll all have to listen to the crying in the forums about it until the next lock box comes out.

I must say, I thought this would never happen, much for the same reason we don't have playable Borg ships: CBS said no 'cuz they're The Big Bad. Guess 5 seasons of buildup isn't Big Bad enough?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Herald Lock Box is coming, according to [REDACTED]. Cryptic knows they'll make a killing off it. Hell I'm already saving for it. It'll probably follow YoH.

Borg/Cooperative is also likely. If people want it in this game, it'll be in a lock box/promotion eventually.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    Herald Lock Box is coming, according to [REDACTED]. Cryptic knows they'll make a killing off it. Hell I'm already saving for it. It'll probably follow YoH.

Borg/Cooperative is also likely. If people want it in this game, it'll be in a lock box/promotion eventually.

While I don't know that I'd want any weapons (or could afford them), I will be watching to see what if any clothing options come with it. Who knows what I could do, depending on the costume pieces offered... ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I hope if we get a herald/iconian lockbox that we get more options for our Iconian vest costume, maybe also Herald armor would be nice as well. Since in the Iconian vest it is kind sparse (still nice to have i like the look) an missing the back an head options that are used on the three named Iconians in the past. If they put that in the Lobi store i would be happy to buy it.

The ships would be nice though i hope with more veriety than normal lobi/lockbox ships get. Myself i would love if they would add some ship part type packs to the older lockboxes to give more options an uniqueness to the ships, though even jus adding such packs to the lobi store would be nice to keep people that want more options in looks of thier ship an option to get that with the lobi/ockbox ships. Also can we get some of the Iconian/Herald character/race designs added to the character creator, like the multiple eye option maybe with several eye layouts, skin, face textures. nose looks, and such. This would make alot more options an make alot of us that love creating our race happy.
  • Options
    devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Well since the next villian we will be facing is from the mirror universe, i'm guessing our next lockbox will also deal with the mirror universe.
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Immersion wise I view it as since the PC "The Other" is considered part of the Whole, I can see the PC having Iconian gear. I can never see them handing out stuff en masse to the UFP/Klinks/Roms/Cardies etc. The PC is pretty much story-wise unique in this.

And yes, in all probability it is coming. As far as what exactly will be available? Not sure.
  • Options
    bergins wrote: »
    Well, I too suspect that the next box is Iconian, but...

NOOOO!!!!!!!

People were complaining enough about fighting Space Wizards in a Star Trek game, the Devs decided to let us BE the Space Wizards, too?
    Space Wizards are canon. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing