test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please, please, please give aliens access to ALL hairstyles.

One of the main reasons to select a generic "alien" as your main character or as a bridge officer is that you have more options to make the character look like whatever you want it to look like.

These customizable "Aliens" don't get the cool species-specific traits that come with selecting a single predefined species, but the idea is that you get to make the alien whatever you want it to be.

That's the idea ... but it doesn't work that way in reality.

The devs currently have various hairstyles restricted to specific predefined species (I noticed there is at least one or more hairstyles for the new Krenim bridge officers that are only available for the Krenim officers, there are Romulan hairstyles only available to Romulans, etc., etc.

I can sort of understand the logic of restricting certain hairstyles on predefined species (i.e., humans can't have Romulan hairstyles and Romulans can't have Klingon hairstyles) but the generic "alien" race should have access to EVERY hairstyle because total customization is the main reason players pick the generic alien race.

Please, if a dev is reading this, let us customize our generic aliens as much as possible. There's no goo reason to restrict ANY hairstyle from the generic/customizable alien characters.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Well I don't understand the logic of restricting hairstyles at all. Hair is hair. It's plainly ridiculous to suggest a character's hair magically refuses to be cut in a certain way, because (s)he's the wrong species.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    restricting shaved heads from romulan females while allowing romulan npcs access to them annoys me to no end.​​
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    I would have said that in some cases fitting issues might be the reason, but that obviously makes no sense for a bald head.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • caasicamcaasicam Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Gotta agree, I'd love to have some of the Romulan hairstyles for aliengen characters.