test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So I want to buy a fleet ship and have everything except a shipyard tier 5.

saumerezsaumerez Member Posts: 34 Arc User
I am not really sure what that means.

I am guessing it is something my fleet is supposed to have. Is that right?

Comments

• jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    Fleet Holdings have different levels that take time and resources to gain. If you're in a small fleet it's entirely possible they haven't managed to upgrade the Shipyard Holding to tier 5 yet. If you can't wait, you can probably ask around for Fleets that have already achieved tier 5 if they would be willing to temporarily allow you access to purchase the ship, then return to your own Fleet.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    These days lots of the better fleet ships are in the lower teirs anyway. Way back when fleets started most of the ships people wanted were in teir 4 or 5 of the shipyard and it was obvious that there would be a looooooong wait to finish T5, now carriers are out and speed is in, for example fleet Intel ship are available from a pretty basic fleet but a classic shaped plodding cruiser will require a T4 or T5 shipyard.

Some fleets will let you join briefly, buy the ship and leave, for what may or may not seem a reasonable consideration, alternatively lots of fleets grant access to fleet provisions after earning 50-75k fleet credits.
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I can invite you to my fleet temporaily if you need access to a tier 5 ship, just join my channel in game temporarily, and ask for a fleet invite. We have enough provisions, and are not hiding anything from the community lol.

The Channels name is "The Infinite Armada".

@tamujiin is also my in game handle.
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    I thought that if your fleet was part of an Armada you could use the other fleets shipyards?
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    I thought that if your fleet was part of an Armada you could use the other fleets shipyards?

You still need to get an invite to the X fleet from your Armada if you want the T5 Store access.
    6tviTDx.png

• centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Our fleet has T4 shipyard & T3 spire, so fleet ships are available, though I'm underwhelmed by the high prices. I noticed that I was also able to by these ships at social shipyards like DS9, once we had the requisite holdings in place. Fortunately, a LTS also includes veteran ships, so the cost of the fleet version is minimal. :)
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Fleet ships are pricey if buying without owning the c-store version, but even then are about half the price of an average lockbox ship - 5 fleet ship modules 11-13m vs 100m, talking rough general pricing here, obviously 100m doesn't get close the most desirable ships. I'd rather have a fleet ship than a single uber expensive doff.
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    you dont need to join a fleet if the one you are in has the required privisions you are looking for then all you need to do is ask for an invite to another fleets holding and then you can buy the stuff you need
    The True King In The North
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    you dont need to join a fleet if the one you are in has the required privisions you are looking for then all you need to do is ask for an invite to another fleets holding and then you can buy the stuff you need
    that is not accurate.
    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1131076/free-t5-base-access-for-all​​