Options

Prometheus Remodel

2»

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Nebula next, pwetty pwease? pig-4.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Looks to be another fine job at reskinning. I am delighted the Devs are doing things like this. This is a trend which I hope spills over into fixing some of the things which have been broken for years in this game.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    While I do appreciate this model being updated with tighter graphics, I still do think that the Romulans and Klingons should also get a ship when the Federation gets one.

Also, at least to me, it doesn't matter if said ships were 'multi vector' or not. I actually think that other faction ships don't have to be related to the Fed ship at all. For example, just because you have a new contest to allow us to pick the design of a new Fed carrier, a new ship for the Klingons or Romulans could just be ah, Science Ship. But that's just my opinion.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    So I'm wondering. Any nice adjustment to the other skins for this ship? Also, will they all still look like a prometheus regardless of skin when they're separating? :p

Outside of that, nice remodel;. ^_^​​
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Take for example the saucer section. The Excelsior's Saucer model is the same one for the Retrofit except for the extra impulse engines. That's sloppy and pathetic work. Especially considering the vast amount of resources that are available online which point out the distinct differences between the two.

To be fair, and I'm not trying to nitpick here, the additions on the Excelsior post-refit (Ent-B, Lakota) were not too noticeable outside of the change to the warp nacelles and impulse engines..to call it "sloppy and pathetic" is a tad unfair considering here haven't been a great deal of posts (that I've noticed) demanding/suggesting that the Excelsior model gets and update.

Back on topic, the Prometheus reskin looks a treat and I look forward to flying one again. :smile:
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    arcanefusion1arcanefusion1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    i'm just surprised they aren't going with a more command or Intel design on the new ship .. and i agree the Excelsior class should get the next T6 overhaul .. it has been the work horse of the federation for decades
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Sig updated. Still waiting to cross off the Sovereign, Defiant, Nova, Rhode Island, Steamrunner, and Sabre (oh and add the Norway and Yeager dammit).

Lovely job on it, I look forward to making it mine.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    One thing that could be nice for all those "remodel" posts would be to show the old version for comparison, because if you've never used any of those ships, you won't notice the details.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    robertdamonrobertdamon Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The new Prometheus model looks tremendous, great job!

Can I add my name to the list of folks who'd love to see an Excelsior remodel too though? I bought the Resolute, and the T5 Retrofit a few years back when I first hit level 40, and before that even ground energy credits as my first toon levelled up to buy the original T3 version before it went C-Store, so I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel slightly snubbed that the ship model was passed over compared to the Galaxy, Akira and now the Prometheus (and I'm sure the Defiant will get a remodel too when the T6 version arrives).

One of my biggest issues with the current Excelsior model is the windows, which don't really match the models from the show, but as folks above have pointed out there are plenty of inaccuracies - why has it been passed over? Whatever detractors think of the Excelsior being old (and I'm a ship geek myself so I take the point), it's still appearing in STO episodes (the USS Dallas features prominently in the space battle in the new featured episode for example).

What do you say Trendy, any chance we might see the old girl get a sparkling new model? Either way thanks for your and the ship design team's work on all the new designs. You guys have done a splendid job.
    Post edited by robertdamon on
  • Options
    anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    One thing that could be nice for all those "remodel" posts would be to show the old version for comparison, because if you've never used any of those ships, you won't notice the details.

that is a pretty smart idea, and have one of those 360degree interactive pictures so you can see the difference at any angle. great job in the pics, gonna get the mirror one when the patch it finished to see the details, might just get the fleet version just because i love the ship (no chance of me buying the C-Store one, unless i do the dilithum exchange)
  • Options
    colinus#1809 colinus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    yes i agree with Cmdr Scarlett please give us an update to the Excelsior model
    been a gold player since may 20th 2014
    o:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I keep seeing these "remodels" and honestly, I'm not really seeing the difference. Short of seeing a before and after in the exact same position (which would have been nice), it really isn't noticable to me.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    I keep seeing these "remodels" and honestly, I'm not really seeing the difference. Short of seeing a before and after in the exact same position (which would have been nice), it really isn't noticable to me.

I remember previous remodels, and yeah, they did show before and after. It's probably around somewhere for the Prometheus, just needs to be posted official-like, and all that.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Nebula next, pwetty pwease? pig-4.gif
    Nah - pilot Nova next please! ;)

(actually, fat chance of getting any science ships in the current climate)
    I can already see the complaints... "What, no Tactical slots?" "No 4/3 weapon loadout?" "Not even carrier Pets?"​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Nebula next, pwetty pwease? pig-4.gif
    Nah - pilot Nova next please! ;)

(actually, fat chance of getting any science ships in the current climate)
    artan42 wrote: »
    Sig updated. Still waiting to cross off the Sovereign, Defiant, Nova, Rhode Island, Steamrunner, and Sabre (oh and add the Norway and Yeager dammit).

Lovely job on it, I look forward to making it mine.
    Heh - I recall how fantastic it felt, 'back in the day', to read the news that the Nova/Rhode Island would receive the T5 Fleet version treatment. How I long for the day when a dev blog might appear that announces a T6 Nova/Rhode Island.

I'm not hopeful though.

I hope the next Sci ship is a Nova refit, sorry to the Nebula and Vesta but I love the look of the Nova.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    fltcaptalanfltcaptalan Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    sharpie65 wrote: »

Take for example the saucer section. The Excelsior's Saucer model is the same one for the Retrofit except for the extra impulse engines. That's sloppy and pathetic work. Especially considering the vast amount of resources that are available online which point out the distinct differences between the two.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/excelsior1.htm

I am really curious as to why Cryptic skipped the Excelsior for remodeling.
    you realize that is what the producers did to the model, mainly because they did not want to blow a big hole in the excelsior model in Generations. and also, the small changes they made, were done between STVH and STU, along with the registry number going from NX-2000 to NCC-2000, so don't call Cryptic/PWE sloppy and pathetic.
  • Options
    alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Good job Cryptic again.

Again I ask:

the Prometheus (re)model comes free to use for anyone having the T6 Hestia
    while the Akira line costumes Thunderchild and Armitage are unlocked on purchase... why?

We should have them for free too now. Else there is no fair treatment towards those who buy the Alita and the Hestia.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • Options
    Good job Cryptic again.

Again I ask:

the Prometheus (re)model comes free to use for anyone having the T6 Hestia
    while the Akira line costumes Thunderchild and Armitage are unlocked on purchase... why?

We should have them for free too now. Else there is no fair treatment towards those who buy the Alita and the Hestia.

Because the Thunderchild and Armitage are refit skins you have to buy, the same goes for the Hephaestus hull for the Prometheus.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    nominative99nominative99 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    you realize that is what the producers did to the model, mainly because they did not want to blow a big hole in the excelsior model in Generations. and also, the small changes they made, were done between STVH and STU, along with the registry number going from NX-2000 to NCC-2000, so don't call Cryptic/PWE sloppy and pathetic.

You have me at a loss. Star Trek Generations was a movie produced in 1994. Cryptic was established sometime in 2000. I believe you may have misread my posts.

I'm talking about the 3D modelers who made the Excelsior model for STO. All they did was use the Retrofit saucer and cut out the two extra impulse engines. I used the saucer as an example because it has the easiest to compare and explain between the actual studio model and cryptics model.
    Post edited by nominative99 on
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Looks good, but the separated saucer section pivot point is much too far back making the ship look like it is turning as though it were still attached. If it is possible, please move it forward.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    ragemachine551#1629 ragemachine551 Member Posts: 2 New User
    What rank do I have to be to get this Starship?