test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Veronica: *distorted* Yes. Stand back. *turns away from them and reaches out and slowly pulls open a portal to where the orb is. Veronica grabs Rose and goes through it. The portal closes after they exit it*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    *the disturbance continues to grow, fast approaching a point of critical mass*

(and you'd think someone would notice and point it out...'battlefield awareness' is a thing for a reason)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    (Well is this an actual thing or is this like with the tribble or the frogs?)

Seventeen: What is that?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    (I'd say Krystal's a little more worried about her ship right now, and is trying to protect it from EVERYTHING right now. Hence shield polarity.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    (she SHOULD be worried about what's about to come out of that subspace node)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    (*pokes things*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Prophet of Destiny flagship

Tac: Sir, a subspace anamoly has opened up between us and the infidels.

Prophet: We knew the demons would show up to protect thier flock. Fire the Omega weapons.

The Flagship fires some missiles traveling at relativistic speeds at the anamoly. They are tipped with Omega molecules.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    edited September 2015
    *Veronica pulls off some of her damaged armor*

Seventeen: Their using omega weapons?!
    *Challenger locks down due to Omega Directive*
    Krystal: GOD DANG IT! NOT NOW!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    *and precisely at that moment, the disturbance reaches critical mass and the viewscreens of every ship facing the general direction of it suddenly explodes in a nimbus of blue and white as a massive subspace vortex opens and an equally massive ship begind to emerge from the terminus*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited September 2015
    Then the missiles from the Promised hits the subspace anamoly. This causes the subspace portal to destabilize, cutting the ship in half.

The area around it has caused subspace to be destabilized, however in a couple of hours it will stabilize.

(The were tipped, so it was a very dmall amount, specifically to shut doen subspace portals.)

Installation 2

Capt rose: Honey, calm down.

Karter: Someone just used some omega particles near here. We need to get to the Orb and stop it.
    Post edited by icerose20 on
    Ancient Griffon insult

edited September 2015
    Veronica: *distorted* But he took my blood! *sighs and tries to calm down and stops clawing at her armor*

*The reckoning and its deployed ships due to being elachi in nature originally don't get locked down and start charging weapons.*
    (ANY amount would trip the Omega Directive on a Starfleet ship. Challenger is effectively out of the fight and pretty much shut down.)
    (I'm pretty sure Krys can override the lockout)
    (Only way I know of would be to go through the motions like Janeway did when Voyager ran into Omega. And in a combat situation... you don't have time.)
    (Or in a combat situation you don't have time to not. I'm sure there's something in there to override quicker if there's a combat situation otherwise many ships that encounter Omega particles would be dead. Also wouldn't it just be flat out disabled if they have been in any of the spheres?)
    (I'm pretty sure when dealing with the spheres they put in something to keep them from locking up. But considering we're not in a sphere... I don't think that would come into play, and it's still gonna take a bit for Challenger to get back in.)
    Kira: Why isnt the Omega directive come up yet?

Ishikawa: Dont know, Dont care.

Axel: The Challenger is adrift, sir. The Promised have stopped firing. I think thier sensors are getting alot of feedback from the Omega particles as we are, just htier sensor are primate TRIBBLE compared to ours.

Kira: Mask our energy and the Challengers if you can, Axel.

Axel: We need to be ontop of the Challlenger to do it.

Kira: Helm, follow Axel's lead.

(Considering the amout of trouble Drake Sends Capt Rose and the Turner, while on a Section 31 mission, he slipped a program that disables the Omega directive)

Installation 2

The Orb is interacting with a computer console.

Orb: Yes, YEsm, Yes, I cna not complete the Preservers mission, making them something they cna talk to and celar these Galaxies of all the refuse that was made along the way. They will be so happy.

Karter: I think that lightbulb has lost a few subroutines in the last 500 million years.

Orb tunrs around: Oh, how did you get here. This is not protocol. Defend this Orb. Wait, why isn;t the installation defending me.

Karter: Cause I locked you out, Lightbulb.

Orb: No, No, No. You can not do this, With this specimens DNA I cna create the perfect companions for my masters, they will see the perfect Society I will create with them, after I clean this refuse from the cosmos.
    Ancient Griffon insult

*suddenly alarms on every nearby vessel start going off as another subspace portal opens off the location of the first, immediately followed by dozens more, another of the pincer-tipped juggernauts slowly emerging from the rift followed by dozens of evil-looking black hulled warships interlaced with pulsing blood red bits*

(you think i'm going to let you TRIBBLE me over that easily?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Veronica: No you won't. *starts moving towards the orb starting to get enraged again and transforms a bit more sharp spines appearing on her elbows*
    Installation 2

Orb: It has already started, in your 30 minutes, adavnced life in the Local Group of Galaxies will be gone, then at every Ring, your DNA sequqnce will start to repopulate this area, and then I can deactivate and go to the Great Maker.

Space

Prophet: Fire all the missiles we have at them. The Demons shall not have our birthright. (As dozens more missiles are fired)
    Ancient Griffon insult

*Veronica leaps and grabs the orb using her clawed hands to hold onto it*

Veronica: How do we stop the firing sequence?
    *the unknown fleet led by the massive six kilometer juggernaut sits silently in space as the portals all close behind them and the missiles rapidly approach*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

the Orb laughs, and Laughs, and Laughs

Karter: GEt me to that Computer Console.

(Capt Rose deposits the the AI into the computer console)

Karter: Ok, well, it is possible to stop the Rings from all firing simaltanously. But that mean, prematurly firing the Array here.

Capt Rose: Not Exactly an answer we are looking for.

Karter: Well, I can not stop the firing sequence. Hmmm, there is 50 rings in the Milky Way 10 each in the LMC and SMC, 52 in the Andromeda Galaxy, 32 in the Triangulum. Well, his plan isnt going to work, even is all of them fire at the same time and have the same max power level, they will only cover 76.5 % of the habitable Zone of the Local Galaxies.

Capt Rose: Not good enough, Karter.
    Ancient Griffon insult

*as the missiles approach the alien armada, every ship suddenly starts showing a major buildup of energy shortly before an impenetrable wall of flak, missiles and small beams spring forth from the fleet, instantly shredding every incoming projectile as hundreds of fighters, interceptors and bombers spill forth from every vessel with a hangar bay like a bloodstained black tide*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(*pokes random things with a missile tip*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

*Challenger is still drifting, seemingly unresponsive to anything*
    Veronica: What if we make the. sself destruct? *bashes the orb against a wall a few times. Not too hard though*
    (*pokes more things*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Karter: Veronica, you are a genius. Get the powerplant to overload by disengaing the safeties. That will cause the reactor to go critical and implode.
    Ancient Griffon insult