What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Go To Beamboat Build Help Request

eugenesyseugenesys Member Posts: 115 Arc User
edited September 2015 in The Academy
Hi

I'm a returning player and would like some assistance on

Currently, i'm following a build that closely resembles Trigger's Beamboat build
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=triggersbeamboat_2920
Went with Plasma Disruptor arrays

I would like to know what is
1. The current update to the above, after factoring in the latest gears available today
2. And another build for my toons, that requires minimal grinding.

Both of them beamboat playstyles.
I play mostly PVE.

Also, as to whether there is a new ship that supplants the Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit as the GoTo beamboat as of today.
The Presidio looks to be the one but i'm not sure if it is.

Apologies, but i'm still trying to take in all the new info from whence i last left ( when legacy of romulus ) was released.
Post edited by eugenesys on

Comments

• Options
    tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Actually I'd go:

TT, APB1, BFAW3
    TT

You lose a lot by going BFAW1 instead of BFAW3.
    Having two TacTeams on an A2B build isn't a bad idea either. Better safe than sorry.

On an A2B build I'd definitely go SciTeam over TSS. TSS relies on Aux Power to be good, ST doesn't. And ST clears the disables enemies have these days.

Definitely upgrade your weapons to Mk XIV, it's a huge damage boost.

The space set of choice for both DPS and Tanking is the Solanae 3 or 4 piece.

Switch the Monotanium Alloy for an EPS consoles for more Damage. If you need more resistance, get it from traits.

Your Tac Consoles really should be Embassy Locators

For your Cdr Eng ability consider AuxToSIF. It's a great ability with a 15 second cooldown!

• Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    eugenesys wrote: »
    Hi

I'm a returning player and would like some assistance on

Currently, i'm following a build that closely resembles Trigger's Beamboat build
    http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=triggersbeamboat_2920
    Went with Plasma Disruptor arrays

With 3 points in threat control, you should be getting aggro when your teammates are doing 2 times or more your damage. In that case, I don't recommend using A2B since it destroys some of your best possible heals and forces you away from taking on the role of tanking for the team. Reputation enhancements will help mitigate some of the issues if you stay with A2B setup.
    If you want to stick with the A2B setup, then use science team instead of transfer shield strnegth and make sure you use 1 blue development lab scientist to reduce the remaining time on sci team that A2B misses, and a blue maintenance engineer for what A2B misses in reducing engineering team.
    Get BFAW3 and set tactical with TT1, APB1, BFAW3.

I used to run a Fleet Gal-X as a tank, a somewhat similar layout to the fleet assault cruiser, but had to switch from A2B to a drake build instead to be able to take the punishment.

• Options
    darleathdarleath Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    1. Weapons: You have, if you want, a 360º plasma weapon (ARC, DMG, ACC)
    2. Missions: somewhere in the Iconian storyline you can find a doodle to call for 3 small pilot ships (can't remember the name) on the same CD as the Wasteland "nimbus distress call" (15 minutes).
    The iconian mission Delta Flight gives you a console with +5 inertia and +7.5% of your weapons subsystem energy as extra engine power.
    3. Reputation consoles: Iconian FTW. Universal console "Sustained Radiant Field" gives you +20% to shield and hull heals and +10% to all damage (at mk12). The shield (at Tier 5) is in my opinion the best currently avaiable (20% energy damage reduction to all damage to your shields, sef-repairs after 1 second, 5% absortion!).
    Counter Command Deflector is very good (+5% accuracy) and for engineers the CC engines are very attractive (another +5 to inertia, but with a +5% to defense) because the 2 piece set is +5% to defense.

That being said, I would change Beta tactics 2 for 1, and FaW 2 for 3, and I would have my engineer Boffs ready to swap that LtCom power to Engineering Team 3 or EEtW 3 instead of shields, and the ensigns too.

Skills:

You should have 6 points in both Hull Plating and Armor Reinforcements, dead ships do no dps, and you can reduce the AUX skill to 0 safely (Aux2bat is mainly used for the CD reductions, after all, and you have engineering efficiency powers), Starship Flow Capacitors and Batteries are something I believe you don't need, while Subsystem Repair could be useful if you plan to upgrade to a ship with Intelligence seats (Override Subsystem Safeties is incredibly good).
    Finally, if you want to PvP a little, I would raise the Engine Performance to 6, but that is only to annoy cannon-toting players.