What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Server Login Issues

Comments

• Options
    captainmoogcaptainmoog Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Chris>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com
    Unable to resolve target system name patchserver.crypticstudios.com.

C:\Users\Chris>
  • Options
    captainjack21captainjack21 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I blame the Iconians
  • Options
    ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    methclown wrote: »
    i beginning to expect these now. That garbage they tell us about attacks, is just that garbage. This has gone on for years, and unless you have the most dedicated hackers in world history its probably just bad servers and lack of caring and not hackers at all. When I got on today and saw "can not connect to server" I actually laughed, its actually weird for me to not see this all the time. This game is just bad when it comes to this and it shows how little they think of their customers. This game could not possibly have too much of a future left.

So a virtual RARE occurance here is enough to make you say that the game is dying, when the devs are working on it? You DO realize that technology can...you know...FAIL and is not 100% guaranteed to work all the time, nor does this seem to be affecting everybody right?

I find your reaction hilarious by the way. 26 pages (at time of posting) of people irate about the game not working right, and you are saying that the game is dying. Funny man. There also are still people IN THE DAMN GAME.
  • Options
    dragonslamrdragonslamr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    WEll You obviously dont play many mmorpg's as both Runescape 3 and osrs followed by wow and csgo all have brute force attacks several times a year, but people rage for an hr then just accept that the company is doing everything they can to get the game back up and running, and if your think that STo is just another cop out by cryptic then why play there games. i see no contract in the agreement when u install which insist that you must play... so i think your just very salty that the server is down. Live Long And Suck It!

What a pathetic excuse .. DDOS have been around for YEARS... And are easy enough to get stopped .. .. oh but it does take some brain power and a little network knowledge!! This game is TRIBBLE, has been since day one .. why because they call it a MMORPG but there is only one quest tree... FOR ALL THE DIFFERENT RACES!!!

WANT TO BE A REAL MMORPG Try emulating WOW or EQ2 , that have literally hundreds of quest trees; race specific .. item specific .. class specific .. etc.. etc... STO's TRIBBLE attempt at it is PATHETIC!!! And there server base and setup just pushes the point home even more!!! You wanted to know what MY PROBLEM is .THEY COULD DO A LOT BETTER, BUT THEY DON'T. there you have it, damn game groupie!!

And I really don't care what you or people like you think so blow it out your ***!!!
  • Options
    cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Well if you would all just stop trying to repeatedly log in over, and over, and over, and over... Then it wouldn't look like a Denial of Service 'Attack' to them. Seriously do you think they're even half way intelligent? :/ Sorry I guess I shouldn't ask such an obvious question.
  • Options
    jx1000ajx1000a Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Just a note to everyone. Logged into my account on the website and when I went to "manage subscriptions" section, I got a "server not found" message. This may have something to do with not being able to log on to the game, it may not.
  • Options
    nasextremiousnasextremious Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com - doesn't work... Better send someone to actually look at the server ? Perhaps its on fire? lol

• Options
    erosa13erosa13 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Patience is key in these situations
  • Options
    pegrimscrusadepegrimscrusade Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    game is down again
  • Options
    lamontjb3lamontjb3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Well, i can get to the launcher when I force the ip address to match the patchserver.crypticstudios.com, but I cannot get any further than that. I bet if I knew all the names and ip addresses and placed that in my host file it would work...
  • Options
    nungu83nungu83 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    925PM

DNS related maybe? I'm not able to resolve that name at the moment.

d:\>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

d:\>nslookup patchserver.crypticstudios.com 8.8.8.8
    Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
    Address: 8.8.8.8

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
    DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
    DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
    *** Request to google-public-dns-a.google.com timed-out

1005PM

Now DNS lookup is working fine (and can log in again). Good job whoever fixed it!

d:\>nslookup patchserver.crypticstudios.com 8.8.8.8
    Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
    Address: 8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: patchserver.crypticstudios.com
    Address: 208.95.185.41
    Post edited by nungu83 on
  • Options
    lordchaoticlordchaotic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    ==^^==Admiral Thrus'Helm Sarbin==^^==
    ==^^==U.S.S. Guardian-X Arbiter Battlecruiser (T6)==^^==
    ==^^==FLEET STATUS: STO Trading Corporation CONFIRMED==^^==
  • Options
    retepeladretepelad Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    lamontjb3 wrote: »
    Well, i can get to the launcher when I force the ip address to match the patchserver.crypticstudios.com, but I cannot get any further than that. I bet if I knew all the names and ip addresses and placed that in my host file it would work...

Yep, probably would. You could run a sniffer, fire up the client and see which hosts it's looking for - but I'd hope they would have it fixed by then.
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    Maps shouldn't have edges.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    element300element300 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The nerd rage is comical. The game is up and working fine +95% of the time, but hold me back boys, I'm gonna blow flames out my butt because it's down. LMAO! Nobody is forced to play. If it gets your blood pressure up that much, you probably should lose some weight and lay off playing MMOs 24/7 for a while.

You all know who I'm talking about.... >:)

• Options
    shadowpanthrshadowpanthr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I know this may sound like a silly thing, but this occurred after your "network upgrade". Is it possible that with all the log in attempts that the system mistook it for an attack and blocked out the port? Another thing, Is it possible that the system has set itself to drop packets?
  • Options
    jennyward1985jennyward1985 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    element300 wrote: »
    The nerd rage is comical. The game is up and working fine +95% of the time, but hold me back boys, I'm gonna blow flames out my butt because it's down. LMAO! Nobody is forced to play. If it gets your blood pressure up that much, you probably should lose some weight and lay off playing MMOs 24/7 for a while.

You all know who I'm talking about.... >:)

I aint no nerd....... Im a geek! lol :-P
  • Options
    lamontjb3lamontjb3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    95% uptime is considered failure for industry standards... or is this something like "Bob and Stacy's star trek online gaming service"?
  • Options
    95% uptime is considered failure for industry standards... or is this something like "Bob and Stacy's star trek online gaming service"?

How so? I would say that would be good, considering that you are forgetting that the MMO industry also would have downtimes for maintenance...
  • Options
    erosa13erosa13 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    -sigh-
  • Options
    element300element300 Member Posts: 7 Arc User

I'm guessing. I haven't calculated the precise up time. Do you find the downtime unsatisfactory? Or did you have a point to make?

• Options
    Game appears to be back up right now, I just got through to the launcher window and into the game itself. Will post antother update here as I figure out more.
  • Options
    as requested here is the following info

TRACERT resukts:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Public IP: 69.4.138.141
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • Options
    element300 wrote: »

I'm guessing. I haven't calculated the precise up time. Do you find the downtime unsatisfactory? Or did you have a point to make?

He also has been forgetting that there are going to be times where emergency maintenance would be needed, and if there is times where stuff such as this will happen. You're dealing with a piece of technology that is running 24/7 with the exception of a few hours a week.
  • Options
    generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited September 2015

yeah, he was egging on the little derpwad who was ddossing last weekend, urging him to go specifically after cryptic/sto

note: just clicked the link..... that was the message I was referring too.....
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • Options
    jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Just tried logging in after reading that the game was up. No joy here.
  • Options
    steverb0steverb0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've only managed about 3 months of total playtime and while I love the gameplay this has been my experience right from the start. Even when I am able to play I haven't had a single session that wasn't plagued by lag, regardless of what I was doing. I could be in a solo instance or playing with 9 other people in a giant space battle.

Is this what I should expect going forward? Is this just the norm for this game?
  • Options
    xanime0xxanime0x Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Hey guys! So we're still looking into the issues with the login issues. For some reasons, certain players can log in and others can't. Doing a /tracert and sending us what your public ip is (whatismyip.com)

How do you run a tracert? Go to Start -> Run and enter CMD to bring up a command prompt. Once there, enter this command:

tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

and hit enter. Please paste your results.

~LaughingTrendy

tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com does not work fyi
  • Options
    xanime0xxanime0x Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    steverb0 wrote: »
    I've only managed about 3 months of total playtime and while I love the gameplay this has been my experience right from the start. Even when I am able to play I haven't had a single session that wasn't plagued by lag, regardless of what I was doing. I could be in a solo instance or playing with 9 other people in a giant space battle.

Is this what I should expect going forward? Is this just the norm for this game?

at times it nay seem that way but give them a chance to work on it i been playing form year 1 and seen a lot

• Options
    bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    I logged in, but my update doesn't. So I will sleep.