test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forums Update Incoming

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Rearranging stuffs and adding subforum icons. There's some stuff that's gonna be movin' around as well as some updates I'm working on. Also I'm trying to fix the low-res profile icons (we identified the problem; working on a solution).

2d2979c5f5d6f30a0020b4cd9a2bff891442604743.gif

Comments

• primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015
    PANIC!!!

hehe. Can't wait
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Rearranging stuffs and adding subforum icons. There's some stuff that's gonna be movin' around as well as some updates I'm working on. Also I'm trying to fix the low-res profile icons (we identified the problem; working on a solution).

2d2979c5f5d6f30a0020b4cd9a2bff891442604743.gif
    Dose this mean we will be finding one of your arms hanging off a thread somewhere?
    <chuckle>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    O_O' everything moved....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Nice subforums icons :)
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Another thread about Butts? Oh wow.. skittles made an Impression! =D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-children.jpg

^_~
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Ooh, nice.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

On a more practical note: Is this going to break all the URLs/links I already saved?

And, while you are looking at all the folders, again.....please figure out where all the posts in Starfleet/KDF/Romulan Shipyards went to?

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    On a more practical note: Is this going to break all the URLs/links I already saved?
    It shouldn't.
    And, while you are looking at all the folders, again.....please figure out where all the posts in Starfleet/KDF/Romulan Shipyards went to?
    Faction forums. That was a temporary thing. I've anticipated/wanted to do this rearranging for a while.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    I have to say, I'm glad to see the Information and Discussion boards being moved back to primary boards rather than all being child boards. The icons are a nice touch too, they work well with my theme. :)​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Lovely...
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Main forum sections now have badges.
    Faction forums. That was a temporary thing. I've anticipated/wanted to do this rearranging for a while.

I double checked...and the posts from the Starfleet and KDF shipyards is showing up on a search! Yea! And they are in the Faction specific folders. (Sorry, did not have one to look for from Romulans.) So, those are working, fine, now. :) Thanks much.

Bookmarked/saved URLs are working, too.

And, the forum main page is looking very snazzy, Trendy. Thanks for all the work. :)

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

I double checked...and the posts from the Starfleet and KDF shipyards is showing up on a search! Yea! And they are in the Faction specific folders. (Sorry, did not have one to look for from Romulans.) So, those are working, fine, now. :) Thanks much.

Bookmarked/saved URLs are working, too.

And, the forum main page is looking very snazzy, Trendy. Thanks for all the work. :)
    I do what I can to help.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User

Are you going to fix the "report post" button so it works properly?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • devilment666devilment666 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Main forum sections now have badges.

Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Me likey the sections' icons. Pretty pretty :)​​
    starswordc wrote: »

I figured that out. It looks like it's a forum permission issue. I've been checking with Vanilla on this, because by all rights you should have the access if you can see the 'flag' option. A lot of permissions were changed around in my absence, so I'm still trying to understand. I've made some modifications but I'm not seeing it fixed yet.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Oh hey, I can actually use the STO forums again. Yay!
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Nevermind! Still glitchy. But at least I found somewhere I could post. Progress!
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter

I figured that out. It looks like it's a forum permission issue. I've been checking with Vanilla on this, because by all rights you should have the access if you can see the 'flag' option. A lot of permissions were changed around in my absence, so I'm still trying to understand. I've made some modifications but I'm not seeing it fixed yet.

What about it is broken??? It looks fine to me... or is it on the backend?
    D7Ve3WS.png
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Everything looks good on my end. Love the new icons trendy!
    6tviTDx.png

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    primar13 wrote: »

What about it is broken??? It looks fine to me... or is it on the backend?
    D7Ve3WS.png

The problem comes when you actually try to submit the report. I tried to report a post last week which was filled with bile and every time I filled it out and hit submit it then told me I didn't have permission to post in that area of the forums.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    One more question: Test Forum folder.... still can not read it without signing in. Is this the way it is going to stay? Would it be possible to have Tribble Patch Notes moved, so we can at least read that?

• xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    Does this forum update include a dev tracker?
    One more question: Test Forum folder.... still can not read it without signing in. Is this the way it is going to stay? Would it be possible to have Tribble Patch Notes moved, so we can at least read that?
    Hmmm. Deal!

edited September 2015
    xparr15 wrote: »
    Does this forum update include a dev tracker?
    Not yet! My community moderator team is implementing one.
    Post edited by pwlaughingtrendy on
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I like the new badges for the subforums. :)