test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who's next?

Now that the Iconian war is over, who will be the next "big bad"? I've heard possibly a full MU arc. I hope not. How many times can they dredge the bottom of that particular well.

Maybe the Kelvins could decide to make the trip over from the Andromeda galaxy to cause us even more headaches.
STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
I support the Star Trek Battles channel.

Comments

• Options
    ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Maybe the Kelvins could decide to make the trip over from the Andromeda galaxy to cause us even more headaches.

It's Kelvans, not Kelvins :)

signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I'm hoping we see the evil bunny race that has been secretly plotting against the Alpha Quadrant for as long as there has been an Alpha Quadrant.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    Bad news OP, from what I understand it will be MU. And the Cardassian content is getting a facelift, so I presume the original mirror missions are being scrapped all together since the new arc will specifically deal with them.​​
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Missed the auto correct. :s
  • Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Bad news OP, from what I understand it will be MU. And the Cardassian content is getting a facelift, so I presume the original mirror missions are being scrapped all together since the new arc will specifically deal with them.​​

Hey if this means coming up with a better origin story than "lol Smiley O'Brien's bearded idiot of a son suddenly made the Terrans EVIL again for no reason" I'm all for it.
  • Options
    jep1416jep1416 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I'm hoping we see the evil bunny race that has been secretly plotting against the Alpha Quadrant for as long as there has been an Alpha Quadrant.

Funny I always thought it should ultimately be exposed that the Tribbles are actually deadly intelligent aliens who have been plotting to take over the Galaxy.
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Do we need a big bad? I mean that as a question, by the way, and not just a rhetorical device. Story arcs may be commonplace in the Star Trek canon, and moreso as the series (plural) wore on, but the majority of screen time was still spent dealing with episodic problems. Now that--fingers crossed--we can be explorers again, maybe we don't need to sniff out how every problem is secretly the machination of an anti-Alliance force. I know combat's pretty inescapable for an MMO, and I fully expect and intend to solve most of these aforementioned problems with the liberal application of phaser fire, but maybe we can just wander about uncharted space righting wrongs (even if with extreme prejudice) and seeing what there is to see.

Once we've firmly booted Mirror Leta back to her side of the mirror, of course. I'm hopeful, not blind.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

Anya: Bunnies aren’t just cute like everyone supposes. They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses, and what’s with all the carrots!? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway!? Bunnies, bunnies, it must be bunnies!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFhJW8EDynA
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    If the events of "Butterfly" are any indication, the Sphere Builders will be paying us a visit soon.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg#t=62
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    Maybe a "big bad" isnt what is needed right now, we have had many, and thats been cool.
    Rather a minor pain in the TRIBBLE so there is always something to shoot at allongside some exploration and diplomacy, you know, Star Trek stuff.
    Fill in some of the gaps, improve QL ingame, add some exploration type stuff, this would be nice.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    If the events of "Butterfly" are any indication, the Sphere Builders will be paying us a visit soon.

I sincerely hope they take the lesson that Butterfly is second worst piece of fiction of all time (the first being the entirety of Mass Effect 3) and abort that whole plot line, because it doesn't work. It cannot work. It's dead on arrival. It's premise is about as solid as a foundation made out of treacle.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Bob from accounting.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    Bob from accounting.

Freaking Bob....

Just when you think no one knows the guy, he up and tries to conquer the galaxy...
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    Bob from accounting.

Freaking Bob....

Just when you think no one knows the guy, he up and tries to conquer the galaxy...
    You've faced down the Voth, tangled with the Undine, outmatched the Vaadwaur, and overcame the Iconians... but can you face the true terror of the Galaxy?

Season 13: Bob From Accounting. Featuring a previously unexplored portion of Star Trek mythos, Captains will find themselves matching wits with one of the most fearsome and frustratingly passive-aggressive entities in the universe. Now with two new ground queues: "Breakroom Lunchtime" and "Corporate Synergy Meeting" will challenge even the most daring of players. Also we're pleased to announce the new space queue "Wednesday Morning Commute". Think of it as the No Win Scenario, except nobody truly wins! Ever.

Are you ready?
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    That, and having to fill out expense forms for every use of an Attack Pattern or beam / cannon skill. Wear and tear on the equipment, it affects the depreciation schedule y'know.

Plus the tax forms for all of your EC and dil income, and gift taxes on rep rewards. FUN!!!
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    In all honesty we don't know. We are seemingly about to get the origin story for
    the Sphere Builders
    but obviously given their nature in the show they won't be the big bad any time soon.
  • Options
    ancientfighterancientfighter Member Posts: 112 Arc User

Are you ready?

images_2.jpg

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    jep1416 wrote: »
    Funny I always thought it should ultimately be exposed that the Tribbles are actually deadly intelligent aliens who have been plotting to take over the Galaxy.
    Nah, Iconian bio-weapon. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    That, and having to fill out expense forms for every use of an Attack Pattern or beam / cannon skill. Wear and tear on the equipment, it affects the depreciation schedule y'know.

Plus the tax forms for all of your EC and dil income, and gift taxes on rep rewards. FUN!!!

"Oh, wow, I just got 500 million EC because someone bought my Bug Ship... wait, what?! What do you mean I have to give up 29% of it?!"
  • Options
    xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    I'm fairly certain that, at least at first, it will be the mirror universe and the tholians.
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    Actually Bob from PWE Accounting would be the most terrifying enemy the galaxy may ever face.