test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome back trendy.

I just gotta say it is nice to see trendy all over the place actually responding to people, and sharing useful knowledge with the community. Can we like, vote for Cryptic employee of the year, or something? My vote goes to you!

Hope you feel better!

Comments

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    tamujiin wrote: »
    I just gotta say it is nice to see trendy all over the place actually responding to people, and sharing useful knowledge with the community. Can we like, vote for Cryptic employee of the year, or something? My vote goes to you!

Hope you feel better!
    Thanks. It's good to be back, although sick. (Here's to Dayquil, the new work enabler)

I got a lot of stuff lined up (next week I count roughly ~14 blogs). I was a little swamped from coming back from vacation and having to catch up on all the stuff that wasn't done in my absence. But one step at a time.

Cheers,
    TOTALLY-NOT-A-LIZARD-PERSON
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Trendy is a great CM, that's for sure. Just to be fair to the folks on the dev team though, it's not their job to post on the forums, so they aren't as visible as she is. I'm not sure who the employee of the year should be, but it can't be based on visibility when one person's job is to be visible and another person's job isn't.

On a related note, here is something to keep in mind: Trendy doesn't work at the same office as the devs. So while I have seen various groups send cool treats to the dev office, I'm not sure if Trendy gets any of that stuff. So it might be cool if people consider sending something to the office where she works in the future, considering all of her hard work.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Trendy is a great CM, that's for sure. Just to be fair to the folks on the dev team though, it's not their job to post on the forums, so they aren't as visible as she is. I'm not sure who the employee of the year should be, but it can't be based on visibility when one person's job is to be visible and another person's job isn't.

On a related note, here is something to keep in mind: Trendy doesn't work at the same office as the devs. So while I have seen various groups send cool treats to the dev office, I'm not sure if Trendy gets any of that stuff. So it might be cool if people consider sending something to the office where she works in the future, considering all of her hard work.
    I don't think I've had anything sent to me at the office. That being said, I approach the idea with trepidation due to what people can potentially send.

My mind reels in terror at the possibilities.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, I have to admit.. the place is much worse when Trendy isn't around.

Don't get me wrong, if you get vacation time.. by all means take it.. you deserve it. But the last couple weeks showed that there is no one else willing to put in the work you put in. Hope you enjoyed your vacation, but certainly glad you're back.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Indeed, welcome back. Sorry to hear about the cold, head colds certainly do fuzzy things up and make working more of a challenge but I'm sure you can handle it. :)
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User

I don't think I've had anything sent to me at the office. That being said, I approach the idea with trepidation due to what people can potentially send.

Sounds like possibility number one should be some Airborne for every time you go to a major gathering. :(

(Actually I don't know that Airborne works. The only thing that I know works is a minimum of 6 hours of sleep a night and 2 meals a day. :/ )

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

A tribble would probably be pretty bad, yes.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User

Hope you feel better!
    Thanks. It's good to be back, although sick.

Must have been an enormous hangover to linger for several days after the festival.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    It's nice to have someone sane back to keep watch over the forum loonies :)

I hope you're over your cold soon.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    Sounds like a lot of blog backlog hehe, look forward to reading them! And welcome back, and be well soon too!
    questerius wrote: »

Hope you feel better!

Must have been an enormous hangover to linger for several days after the festival.​​
    Naw, this was me being sick this Saturday. I suspect that my system kinda was in "High Survival Intense" mode during the course of Burning Man, so when I came back and adjusted it kinda crashed.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Hope you feel better!

Must have been an enormous hangover to linger for several days after the festival.
    Naw, this was me being sick this Saturday. I suspect that my system kinda was in "High Survival Intense" mode during the course of Burning Man, so when I came back and adjusted it kinda crashed.

I'm familiar with that kind of crashes. Sometimes it is fatigue, but more often it is alcohol induced fatigue. :expressionless:​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Welcome Back! Hope you enjoyed Burning Man, and hope you feel better
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User

*sends a box of live tribbles to your office*

Have fun! Oh. And don't feed them too much. Tribbles are adorable....until someone leaves one near a food replicator.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    T I'm not sure who the employee of the year should be, but it can't be based on visibility when one person's job is to be visible and another person's job isn't.

:D Wanna bet? All sorts of stuff is based on 'who gets seen the most'!
    Quarterback is always MVP of the game, not the lineman!
    Is it fair or right? Probably not, but the world ain't fair!

Silly human, Trendy is FTW!

Yeah... I have no sympathy for self-inflicted 'injuries' while on vacation.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User

WB...have an onion =^.^=
    hqdefault.jpg

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

How do you like fish 'n' chips? Via airmail?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    We've heard more from Trendy in the last 24 hours (since she's returned from vacation) than we heard from anyone in the week+ that she was gone!

So glad to have you back. Get some good sleep, feel better soon, and I think I heard a collective sigh of relief from the constituency the moment you logged back in for the first time in a week...

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Beware of Surprise Packages from Trek Fans...
    There's no telling what tribbles they may contain.
    <chuckle>
    WB Tren-Dee.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User

Bacon. Lots and lots of Bacon.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    Damn Trendy, you leave for a few days and the whole place goes to hell. Haven't you learned better by now. Wheres my next lock box. These Krenim "Year of Hell" lockbox has lost its shine. I need something new to fuel my addiction. So favorite addiction dealer, whatcha got on the down low for your fav customer?
  • crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer

Bacon. Lots and lots of Bacon.

This seems like something which would get messy. Deliciously messy, but still messy.

Welcome back!

• lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    Bacon fixes everything. The only question is whether you prefer epohh bacon or targ bacon.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    I have nothing to say, so...

:hugs trendy:

:)
    6tviTDx.png

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Probably @pwlaughingtrendy . She just changed something today to try to stop a similar error affecting the Flag Post function. I'm not sure that this would be related or a direct result of the recent change. But she's the one that has the power to fix stuff on the forum.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
    Yeah, should be fixed.