The Server's Dead?

Anyone else having troubles logging in?
18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg

Comments

• macwilliam1975macwilliam1975 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    disconnected too
    screenshot_2014-11-17-20-57-54a1a1a.jpg
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    Same here and everyone in my friends list to it seems.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Dead server I hope theres something being done about it. SNR every 5 seconds.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Everyone I know is also DC'ing like crazy, and when we do come back on it is ULTRA laggy until it inevitable disconnects again. Great way to ruin an event weekend!
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    So it isn't just me. I thought maybe my new disruptor cannon was breaking the server.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Even if u can stay logged in it's not much fun, just got swatted in a borg RA, lag was so bad took 40 secs for the respawn button to work. Then when i did respawn, ship blew up again.

Friends constantly DC'ing, SNR's all over the place, if something hasnt gone BANG already, i have a feeling its on its way...
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Yes, lag and drop, lag and drop....repeat!
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    buisness as usual at cryptic... so full of win...

cbs, i hope you learned a lesson from selecting the cheapest option for creating a game....
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    When trolling Elite queues and loitering around battle zones doing nothing doesn't work anymore, they resort to denial of service attacks. STO Trolls Inc.

A theory at least...

I doubt it's a sudden rush of players eager to grind the bonus event.

its the same excuse from them everytime.. youd think after five years, they would have figured it out by now.., but everytime they have a new release, or an event, the servers die... correction.. the servers also die randomly too, even when there is no event or release.. again.. this is what you get when you go with the lowest bidding company... (and the engine that company has is TRIBBLE to begin with)...

i would bet any amount of money, that if cbs did decide to create a star trek online 2, cryptic wouldnt even be allowed at the bidding table...
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited September 2015
  • karlbarbkarlbarb Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    I often see a little lag here and there, but today ... today is a tad excessive.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    bad lag, disconnects and server timeouts here - UK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    got kicked as well. can't log in either :-(
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Just got kicked, 12 lag spikes before I got booted.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Well this is nice. So much for "hitting this bonus event hard."
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Looks like I have to wait later on, until I start going again. =P

Seems like the best time to sleep.. lol

I guess the server wants this event to end sooner than later, the Hamsters are getting massacred.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    Cryptic didn't pay the electric bill, the whales have all went to another game.
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    I hope they increase the length of the triple bonus weekend a couple of hours.
  • micksparrowmicksparrow Member Posts: 3 New User
    this is a TRIBBLE REDIQULOUS im full of it half year ago and i came now, WHAT AGAIN I SEE.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    Why do we play this game?
  • pureleadheadpureleadhead Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    It was bad yesterday, it's worse today. Can't go more than a minute or two without server errors.
    [Insert Clever Signature Here]
  • micksparrowmicksparrow Member Posts: 3 New User
    play yourself you bugged thing and pay for it
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    I'm glad it's not me, but I was getting )*$$#&! I got booted out of a PVE and was thus banned for an hour. Not that I've been able to get on an actually play for the past hour!!
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Because we are addicted to this game I guess? And also the 3x Weekend did help in that... lol
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Right before the lag hit hard, I was able to jump into the time portal, but the server problems caused my ship to go back to when Cryptic was deciding on a server infrastructure. I was so angry at Cryptic that I shot one of the engineers with my disrupter and then jumped back into the time portal. It brought me back to the present, only for me to realize that that engineer was the one working on ending all of the lag. Kagran told me I should have been friendlier to the Cryptic people, as they were not really responsible before they invented the server, but I was too angry to resist.

I have discovered that my action has doomed Star Trek Online to years of lag and disconnects. I will have to live with that knowledge for the rest of my life....
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    hyefather wrote: »
    Why do we play this game?

i don't know, perhaps out of habit

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    After about 20 minutes of SNRs and disconnects, I'm done for the day. Maybe next time STO. Maybe next time STO.

Whoops, rubberbanded there at the end. :p
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Don't think i have ever seen the SNR and disconnects etc this bad before.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.