test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AFK Bans

Hey players, a little frustrated at the moment. Logged in to play Crystaline Catastrophe and the game was lagging so badly I couldn't even turn my ship, let alone fire at the giant snowflake. (See? that's how annoyed I am, I'm channeling a 100 year old man) Is there any way to get that removed or do I have to just wait it out despite the fact that the game was lagging and I couldn't do anything about that? I looked into GM help, but none of the help options looked like they'd be of any use.
[Insert Clever Signature Here]

Comments

• Options
    mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Turn down your graphic settings?
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    mcconna wrote: »

How would that help? It's not a problem with fps, it's a problem with a lag.​​
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    guljarol wrote: »
    mcconna wrote: »

How would that help? It's not a problem with fps, it's a problem with a lag.

Not every problem with lag is network-induced.
    As for the OP: Wait 2hours (ban expires then) or just log to another char. If you dont have one: Now is the time.​​
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You can avoid the penalty by just leaving the match and joining a new one.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no 'leaver penalty' for CCA. You can leave the match anytime and just que up for a different one. I do it all the time when I get put in a match with AFK'ers or people that are doing 2k DPS.

You only get the AFK penalty if you stick it out to the end and the system determines that you weren't doing enough.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Hey players, a little frustrated at the moment. Logged in to play Crystaline Catastrophe and the game was lagging so badly I couldn't even turn my ship, let alone fire at the giant snowflake. (See? that's how annoyed I am, I'm channeling a 100 year old man) Is there any way to get that removed or do I have to just wait it out despite the fact that the game was lagging and I couldn't do anything about that? I looked into GM help, but none of the help options looked like they'd be of any use.

had the same problem my self the other day, guess we have to just roll with the punches, not much point worrying to get it removed it only lasts for a couple of hours.

though it doesn't seem very fair sometimes its the only thing we have to discipline genuine afk`ers.

like the op said you could just leave although I don't like to leave myself in case the lag clears up and that's just as bad as being afk in my opinion anyway plus its hard to know sometimes if the lags intermittent or slight you can still do enough sometimes to not get a ban but in your case if you could not move at all through the whole time it might have been best to leave just before the end.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    Turn your graphics settings down first and and then see if it still happens, it's always good to rule out your system first. If it's still happening than yeah it could be server lag. Rule of thumb with diagnostics: Try ever possibility.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Complaining about a ban can get you banned. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns