test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So now that the Iconian war is over what will become of the iconians and heralds?

With the conclusion of the iconian war now over. Will the iconians and heralds still look the same or will they be changed back to their original ancient look and what will become of iconia now?
27457d1244675809-ok-wheres-facepalm-emoticon-double-facepalm.jpg

Face palming the enemy one at a time.

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    if they did go back to their original way of being it would probably be over the course of several thousands of years as far as iconia they want to be left alone no visitors no interaction nothing just to be left to thier planet and left alone.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    Given all that rebuilding they have to do, I don't think they will be the same after all that work. :P
  • Options
    tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Iconians disappear in Subspace for a few millenia after selling most of the heralds and their ships to the Lobi Consortium. Then the Lobi Consortium sells them to us.
  • Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    My best guess is that "future" Iconians might be "born" with the help of the World Heart and appear as "ancient" iconians. (Though we probably won't see such Iconians as they are supposedly going into solitude for centuries to re-build, heal, and meditate on stuff) However, I doubt the surviving "original" Iconians can ever revert from the "energy" form, nor would they probably want to as it probably gives them extra longevity. The same could probably be said about current Heralds vs perhaps newborn heralds going forward. However, for their tech at least there is precident for some of the "corruption" being undone automatically. I forget where but in a thread the other day someone mentioned how they thought the Iconian Flagship's bridge seemed to change once the World Heart was installed. And later I'm pretty sure Taco confirmed that this was intentional.

As to Iconia, as others have mentioned, the Iconians want to be left alone for the forseeable future. (Well except for T'Ket, she'll probably still be a thron in our side at some point) As such, this seems like the game's way of keeping Iconians "around" while probably not having us interact with them much, if at all, in the future. (Once again except for T'Ket, I doubt we've seen the last of her)
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    They will appear in a Lockbox.
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    We will see T'ket and her armada in the future as an enemy, meanwhile L'Miren and her forces will go back to Iconia and rebuild the Iconian civilization, they said they don't want to be disturbed, but I'm guessing we will see her in the future as an ally.

• Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    bioixi wrote: »
    We will see T'ket and her armada in the future as an enemy, meanwhile L'Miren and her forces will go back to Iconia and rebuild the Iconian civilization, they said they don't want to be disturbed, but I'm guessing we will see her in the future as an ally.

I could see them joining up, if we somehow awake some slumbering remnants of the TKon empire in our exploration that threaten the Iconians interests. They would be an obvious choice for Cryptic to create a new ancient big bad.
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    they are going to risa to surf and build sand castles, they have been really occupied for 200000 years with out a break and need some time to unwind
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    They, and their technology, will be adapted to service us.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    I hope we will help them to rebuild Iconia.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Ummm, take some of that vacation time they've got saved up? Use it to go to Disney World? Or maybe use it as a staycation? Nearly detroying a galaxy is hard work and they really deserve some time off. ;)
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Cryptic will package them into lockboxes, no doubt.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »
    I hope we will help them to rebuild Iconia.
    We're not needed for that. They said with the World Heart they can rebuild their civilization in just a few years.

Plus, we've got quite some rebuilding of our own to take care of.

2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    That is nice, they can rebuild their world within a few years instead of the millennia it would've took if we hadn't been nice and gave it back. I guess that means, we didn't give it back in an alternate universe in the same Prime Universe that is aka Sela took it and hid it somewhere without realizing it.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    That could be nice to have a "Iconia Reputation", where you help the Iconian council like D'Tan in the New Romulus rep. And at every tier, T'Ket becomes friendlier to you. At tier 0, she tells you the only reason she doesn't vaporize you on the spot is because L'Miren has taken a liking to you and she doesn't want to upset her sister, and at Tier V, she begrudgingly thanks and tells you you're a credit to your lesser kind for helping.

As a bonus, you could get a "summon T'Ket" active trait, so she can still bring her wrath on some foes thanks to you: "That was cathartic, don't hesitate to summon me again!".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    YUPpC14.jpg

Hey, gotta make a living after the inevitable fleet downsizing right?
  • Options
    arachnaasarachnaas Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Got to get back to the office.

kUYpCPb.jpg

• Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    tyriniusss wrote: »
    Iconians disappear in Subspace for a few millenia after selling most of the heralds and their ships to the Lobi Consortium. Then the Lobi Consortium sells them to us.
    Pretty much this. Herald weapons, ships, and doffs incoming--get your credit cards ready!
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    lizwei wrote: »
    YUPpC14.jpg

You win 50000 internetz. :D
  • Options
    koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User

Yeah, the end of Midnight this was the first thing that popped into my mind...When are those ships going to appear in the Lockboxes and on the Lobi Store.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    They go make pie. Really good pie.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    The bridge colors did indeed change.

Personally I think L'Miren will have the current Heralds remain as they are as the military of the Iconians. New "Civilian" Heralds may be the old kind. For that matter there may still be civilian/old style Heralds in the spheres that we never saw.

I hope that somehow we are able to return M'Tara to them. Might cool T'Ket down a bit as well. (Well...maybe) In my own "personal canon" she was returned to life with the 'Phoenix Project', based on Devidian neural/lifedraining technology.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User

Yeah, the end of Midnight this was the first thing that popped into my mind...When are those ships going to appear in the Lockboxes and on the Lobi Store.

Soon.

Real soon.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    lizwei wrote: »
    YUPpC14.jpg

You win 50000 internetz. :D

I gotta admit, that is pretty funny. The Harbinger of Mc'Donalds. Supersize of DOOM.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    bioixi wrote: »

That L'Miren stated they wanted to be left alone for a time only means that some idiot at some point will decide they're up to something and start another war out of paranoia, stupidity or greed. I give it 20 years, tops.

And ten-to-one says it's the Klinks. They already know they can't take the Federation or the Republic on, so trying to lean on someone just strong enough to make being "honorable warriors" interesting, then running screaming when they get stomped on, is right up their alley.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava