test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Slow down exp points?

This may sound silly, but just for once, I'd like to try playing a character through all the episodes at the intended level. Even without using boosts and not playing on bonus weekends, I always end up very far ahead of the level curve. Is there a way to slow down exp?

Comments

• Options
    solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    This may sound silly, but just for once, I'd like to try playing a character through all the episodes at the intended level. Even without using boosts and not playing on bonus weekends, I always end up very far ahead of the level curve. Is there a way to slow down exp?

Yes, get to level 56.

Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    A lot of people already believe the curve post 50 is far too slow anyway so why slow down further so you can play lower level missions 'on level'. When you take a mission it is already granted at your level so there is no such thing as doing it ahead of the curve unless you leave it sitting in your quest log for a while before doing it, in which case just drop it and retake it.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    No thanks. It's slow enough as it is. During double xp weekend, it picks up the pace, making it better to level a Fed from the start, and KDF-Roms at least after they already got their Lt Com ship. Try one of the latter 2 before on 2xp and you're stuck with previous level ship facing some tough customers. Good luck on that one. Things will slow down and there will likely be a "Speed up the XP! Come on Cryptic!" thread after the bonus period is over.
  • Options
    ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    No thanks, i don't want to earn xp slower than i presently do (outside bonus xp week-end of course).
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    Dont play the one time the missions are actually rewarding...​​
  • Options
    falsfire1976falsfire1976 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Well, what I find is, for example, I'm doing missions intended for Lt Cdr as a RA, but because I've leveled so fast, I don't have a lot of RA gear on my ship or BOFFs. The mission being scaled to RA makes it difficult when still using mk iv and mk vi stuff. Sure, I could buy Mk X on the exchange, and it's cheap as borscht for green Mk X, but it seems silly having to do that constantly...

IE doing "What Lies Beneath" as a rear admiral...or still being in the Cardassian story arc when I hit level 60...