test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

wow pvp is a joke

i have never seen pvp this unbalanced in any game. 56k hull 23k shields and 53% all res and i got killed in one shot after the guy came out of cloak after that i cant believe i wasted so much time and money trying to get the best gear i feel like such a fool

Comments

• praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Welcome to STO, where powercreep runs rampant and you're either an undying zombie, DPS monster or dead.

There is no in-between.
  • soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Don't forget they were going to full revamp the PvP; like 8 seasons ago lol
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    i have never seen pvp this unbalanced in any game. 56k hull 23k shields and 53% all res and i got killed in one shot after the guy came out of cloak after that i cant believe i wasted so much time and money trying to get the best gear i feel like such a fool

Let me guess, he threw structural integrity collapse, a BO, and a TS3 all at the same time. Welcome to the realities of PvP post DR. Anyone can get a 1 second kill with enough junk and the only defense if to try and reflect it back. That being said, I only PvP on weekends now when I can since it's the only time things seem more balanced because of the people PvPing.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    Must have been a Sneak Sneak Alpha Strike Romulan.

And that is why I don't PvP. There's ALWAYS a Sneak Sneak Boom build waiting for easy kills.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    PvP has been totally destroyed. To be honest I'm at the point I want them to remove the queue, just so I won't be tempted to queue for it again.

It really is depressing, since PvP was really the only fun challenging content this game had. Now it's beyond broken, it's a huge huge joke. That what years of powercreep/leap will do to balance.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    orondis wrote: »
    PvP has been totally destroyed. To be honest I'm at the point I want them to remove the queue, just so I won't be tempted to queue for it again.

It really is depressing, since PvP was really the only fun challenging content this game had. Now it's beyond broken, it's a huge huge joke. That what years of powercreep/leap will do to balance.

That's what I tell myself every time I'm tempted to shell out money for a ship.

Without PvP, it's just going to end up being the same FAW and/or TBR ship that I've already played for years. What's the point of spending on something that's effectively just going to be a skin?
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Lucho,

Don't forget the Resonance Beam III for good measure. Its ALL Phys damage that IGNORES shields.
    That combo definatly drives me up the wall.

The faw, kemo3 scorts are pretty bad too, but I can handle those.

Its the Phys exploiters that drive me mad.
    I suppose I should be grateful there is no Nukara Web Torp. :/
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i'd buy one, and it's not like there's no basis for web torpedoes; didn't some tholian ships in SFC/KA have web cannons?

similar prinicple - only in a physical shell instead of a containment field​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • xiesha911xiesha911 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    From my little experience (i was grinding PVP kill accolade last month) you need to fly fast VERY FAST to avoid all this Neutronic torpedo spread... to avoid those Tyken's rifts and 135' targeting arc attacks... "warp out" from battle, restore hp, go back to fight...
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    Yeah, PvP is an irritating mess. :( It's sad, too, because PvP was very fun in the first year or so of the game. I miss it.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    I came back after many months away from the game and played a little PvP.

Ahh, the memories flooded back. Memories of OP rubbish, vaping and elitism. Time to load up World of Tanks, I think...
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    A thread named "Wow pvp is a joke" couldn't posssssssssssibly turn into a storm.
This discussion has been closed.