test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fastest way to climb up Spec Skill points during 3 day weekend Bonus event

storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
Choose the your fastest or your favorite way to level up and get those pesky XP points. Remember only those capable of getting high numbers. If you don't find your choice submit name under OTHER.

Thanks for your participation in this poll we ALL can use.
tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif

Fastest way to climb up Spec Skill points during 3 day weekend Bonus event 32 votes

STFs -“Infected: The Conduit”
15%
crusader2007damainxgrazyc2#7847storulesbubblegirl2015 5 votes
STFs - "The Cure Found"
0%
STFs - “Khitomer Vortex”
0%
STFs- Other (named one)
0%
Foundry Spotlight mission or other foundry (named one)
0%
Argala
15%
kirimuffina3001aesicapraxi5stardestroyer3 5 votes
Starbase 24
12%
hyefatherstee1maxnlearthlychief86kristaswift 4 votes
Fleet Alert
0%
Azure Nebula rescue
3%
lordprotius 1 vote
OTHER - Name mission
53%
bones1970thetanineoldravenman3025valenn1jarvisandalfredcuchulainn74repetitiveepicsqwishedwoodwhitylucho80lindaleffsalazarrazejackal1701apwsyrannitescrooge69ladytiamat666trekpuppy 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Infected is a great way to level up.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Starbase 24
    Starbase 24...No cooldown at least none that I can see.​​
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    OTHER - Name mission
    Doffing...​​
  • Options
    ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    OTHER - Name mission
    Red alerts.
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    OTHER - Name mission
    red alerts in beta quad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Argala
    I voted Argala, however I'd actually recommend juggling argala -> infected space -> whatever else to minimize downtime.

Does anyone else find themselves hopping into old ships t5-u ships to max them out, just for the hell of it? :D
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    OTHER - Name mission
    aesica wrote: »
    Does anyone else find themselves hopping into old ships t5-u ships to max them out, just for the hell of it? :D

Yes.

signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    OTHER - Name mission
    Since it's going away anyway. Arawath.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    OTHER - Name mission
    Always seems like the Tholian Red Alert is the best return, but the 30 minute cooldown is a handicap.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    Infected>KA>CE>Starbase24...back to Infected pig-50.gif​​
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015
    OTHER - Name mission
    The Tau Dewa area patrols (x5) + Tholian Red Alert + ISA (Repeat over and over). Throw in Dyson Sphere Space BZ special doff assignments for an extra 40k XP after 5 hours each day. Frankly easy to get upwards of 60k XP off doffing with this bonus.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    OTHER - Name mission
    Patrol Missions are the BEST, no question about it. Just fly around Sector Space, any such Space will do. After a bit of that, you will begin to compile a list of star systems that have the kind of space combat you like best. For example, about five star systems that form a sort of halo around the Romulan Flotilla have each system populated by different foes like the Gorn or RSE.

Find the ones you like. Buy skill level up boosters and open them on bonus weekends...just like this weekend is planned by Cryptic for us to grind out spec points and/or level up yer Delta Recruits.

We have the tools given to us by Cryptic to accomplish our goals. We just need to know how to use them, when to use them, and how we can benefit our friends and/or other team-mates.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Choppin'Brock'O'Lee!!!!!!!!!!!!​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Always seems like the Tholian Red Alert is the best return, but the 30 minute cooldown is a handicap.

That's why the devs invented Borg Red Alerts and SB24​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    OTHER - Name mission
    if I tell you its prob getting nerved so SORRY bro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Tau Dewa patrols and Red Alerts, you also gain Dil and marks to convert tto dil along the way so win/win
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Argala
    I clicked Argala but actually, when I grind XP post-60, I do a circuit of about five or six Delta patrols, and not just Argala. (Sometimes I do Tau Dewa patrols as well just to mix things up.)
    aesica wrote: »

Yeah! It's fun :)
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015
    OTHER - Name mission
    Patrols in and around the New Romulus area but there also good outside of the bonus weekends.

Edit : Of course everything we list here will probably get the nerf hammer swung at it again. Mark my words.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    You know, these polls always feel to me like saying "devs, please apply nerfhammer here", So uhm... "the big dig!" Yep, definetly that one. <.<
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Yup, sorry, no input from me as to my prime grinding locations as this is just like holding up a sign saying 'nerf me!' so I'll go with 'the big dig!' too

(Btw devs, if you are reading this and others like it, maybe you should think -why- we have such a reaction and of ways to remedy it)​​
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Some of the comments in here about nerfs are just funny. They specifically made Borg Red Alerts an XP Boost Zone and added it to the Tholian Red Alerts as part of the Space Sector revamp. They don't need us to tell them what we are doing the metrics tell them. Other complainers whine that the Devs never show up and read the Boards anyway. So strap on the foil hats.

Tholian is better than the Borg Red Alerts as there is plenty to shoot there and you are usually part of it. Borg used to be good and still can be if you don't have a Simitar running off on its own blowing up two of the four groups solo; you don't get any XP from that. Hope that you clear the Red Alert slows quickly so you can rush the next target group before it is burned down before you get there.

The Red Alerts can use some forced grouping like the Queues to alleviate some of this.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, I may have spoken too quickly about the Tholian Red Alerts. The big ships are getting 'blowed up real good real fast' now as well. Under five minutes for the last one I was in, and Borg Red Alert going down in less time. You still get the other rewards but the XP for ship kills is starting to dry up.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    OTHER - Name mission
    The Red Alerts, especially the Tholian one is the fastest way to gain XP. And for the past week or so, they have been popping up nearly every time I go to sector space.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.