test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ah priorities

Well I'm glad they got all the info out on the new cash grab ship while announcing 12 hours before the R&D weekend starts that they are moving it back a week and are launching the final episode of their 10 year store arc in the morning with absolutely no information about what it entails or it's rewards.

Nice job!

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Where did you see that They are moving the R&D weekend (it's more than just the weekend)
    event?
    The news items still say September 10th through the 24th.

Ah, never mind, I see it's in the Patch Notes.
    Nice way to hide it.

Be nice if They would update the actual news item about it since that is where most people look.
    Sheesh.
    Post edited by daveyny on
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    I appreciate the job trendy does a lot more after this last week or so of her being away.
  • Options
    soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Sometimes I feel that they just flip a coin on if they want to TRIBBLE with the players or not.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Where did you see that They are moving the R&D weekend event?

Ah, never mind, I see it's in the Patch Notes.
    Nice way to hide it.

Be nice if They would update the actual news item about it since that is where most people look.
    Sheesh.

That's the R&D Pack promo news item. There's nothing in the news about the R&D Weekend event that was supposed to be this weekend, but I kind of suspected that it would be moved due to the double everything mega-weekend this weekend.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    That's the R&D Pack promo news item. There's nothing in the news about the R&D Weekend event that was supposed to be this weekend, but I kind of suspected that it would be moved due to the double everything mega-weekend this weekend.

Moved the Research and Development Weekend event to start on September 17.

Last line in the "general" section of the patch update.
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Perhaps only tangentially related, but isn't this the first time they've admitted that having to have previously opened a Summer/Winter event store (which Delta Recruits couldn't possibly have done for Winter) in order to reclaim account unlocks is a 'Known Issue?' It's not the same as having it resolved, but having it on the list at least clarifies that it's not working as intended, and that they may get around to fixing it.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    sirmayday wrote: »
    Perhaps only tangentially related, but isn't this the first time they've admitted that having to have previously opened a Summer/Winter event store (which Delta Recruits couldn't possibly have done for Winter) in order to reclaim account unlocks is a 'Known Issue?' It's not the same as having it resolved, but having it on the list at least clarifies that it's not working as intended, and that they may get around to fixing it.

Yes, it's the first time they have acknowledged it.

Even though it's been reported more times then anyone can count over the last several months. At least they finally acknowledge that it's not working as intended. The event store should be unlocked for everyone, always. If you haven't done any events, you just can't buy/claim anything.

As for the RnD Weekend, it was kind of odd that the only real announcement was to put it in the patch notes. I honestly don't believe this was an attempt at any type of deception though. The bottom line is that Trendy is the only one on their entire staff that ever communicates anything to the player base. When she's on Vacation, all communication simply stops. Had she been here, she likely would have posted an announcement.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    kozar2 wrote: »

Yes, I know that. I was referring to these lines

Sheesh.

which are about news items, which are for the R&D Pack Promo, which is why I said so in the post of mine that you quoted. To reiterate, there are no news items about the R&D Weekend for them to have to change.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »
    I appreciate the job trendy does a lot more after this last week or so of her being away.

It goes to show that they need another person to be "backup". We have the same thing at work. A person in office is out, and all kinds of things goes wrong. Its always good to have a back up person.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Well I'm glad they got all the info out on the new cash grab ship while announcing 12 hours before the R&D weekend starts that they are moving it back a week and are launching the final episode of their 10 year store arc in the morning with absolutely no information about what it entails or it's rewards.

Nice job!

I think you may mean 5 year. We have had 10 seasons with two of them released a year.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Yes, I know that. I was referring to these lines

Sheesh.

which are about news items, which are for the R&D Pack Promo, which is why I said so in the post of mine that you quoted. To reiterate, there are no news items about the R&D Weekend for them to have to change.

Umm..., You might want to check out this link...
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9527353-star-trek-online:-r&d-pack-promotion

You'll notice that Trendy posted this on the 8th of September.
    Please pay particular attention to the very first sentence.

Ah, I see the confusion... it's not a WeekEND Event, it's a Multi-Week Long Event and They are moving the start date from the 10th to the 17th.
    My point is still valid though, They should edit the original news item as well as posting it in the Patch Notes.
    Post edited by daveyny on
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »

Nice job!

I think you may mean 5 year. We have had 10 seasons with two of them released a year.

I must say, after greed rising, it has almost felt like ten years :p On another note, Boo to the rnd weekend postponement - I was really gearing up for that, so far as to take an audit of all my toons to see how much craft junk and boxes I have​​
  • Options
    zobovorzobovor Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    They also remained silent on the "Mega-weekend featuring Bonus XP, Marks, and Dilithium , starting on the 10th" (today) .

After some poking on everyone's favorite STO forum (Reddit) , they did manage to address the issue on everyone's favorite STO forum (Twitter) :

https://mobile.twitter.com/salami_inferno/status/641848977533587456

> tempus64 wrote :
    > I appreciate the job trendy does a lot more after this last week or so of her being away.

Well I for one think that things are rolling along exactly the same as when Trendy is here ... -- as in Cryptic either don't tell us stuff out of principal , Cryptic forget important stuff and have to be reminded, and in general Cryptic communicating in all places possible with the exception of their own official forums -- which are so broken now it ain't even funny (see my lack of ability to quote you from a mobile as one example) .
  • Options
    My point is still valid though, They should edit the original news item as well as posting it in the Patch Notes.

What original news item is there about the R&D Weekend event that was moved that needs to be changed?
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Sometimes I feel that they just flip a coin on if they want to TRIBBLE with the players or not.

Wouldn't that imply we have a 50% chance of not getting screwed? Doesn't feel that way to me.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    zobovor wrote: »
    They also remained silent on the "Mega-weekend featuring Bonus XP, Marks, and Dilithium , starting on the 10th" (today) .

After some poking on everyone's favorite STO forum (Reddit) , they did manage to address the issue on everyone's favorite STO forum (Twitter) :

https://mobile.twitter.com/salami_inferno/status/641848977533587456

> tempus64 wrote :
    > I appreciate the job trendy does a lot more after this last week or so of her being away.

Well I for one think that things are rolling along exactly the same as when Trendy is here ... -- as in Cryptic either don't tell us stuff out of principal , Cryptic forget important stuff and have to be reminded, and in general Cryptic communicating in all places possible with the exception of their own official forums -- which are so broken now it ain't even funny (see my lack of ability to quote you from a mobile as one example) .

I think that player was referring to all the stuff that happened on the forums while Trendy was on vaction, with little to no moderation taking place in her absence.

I am happy to finally see it in the 'Known Issues' that the event store isn't properly unlocked so players can claim their event ships without having to unlock the store first. I pointed that issue out on the forums as a bug early on during the summer event as a warning that it would lock players out of their ships between events. Later more threads popped up about. @salamiinferno had clearly stated in his post about why they made event ships account unlocks that we would have "immediate access" to the ships for all current and future characters. It's nice to see they're finally working on him keeping his promise. :)

As for the bonus R&D weekend: it was originally scheduled for this past weekend but was bumped up a week and replaced with Elachi Alert. Now they bump it up again and replace it with a stupid cash grab ship promotion.
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    I think that player was referring to all the stuff that happened on the forums while Trendy was on vaction, with little to no moderation taking place in her absence.

Yes, but more importantly that all the things what were announced in the news area of the site (or the patch notes) would have been posted on the forum if she had been here. I check the forum daily and not the arc news so wasn't aware of things that were going on.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »

Yes, but more importantly that all the things what were announced in the news area of the site (or the patch notes) would have been posted on the forum if she had been here. I check the forum daily and not the arc news so wasn't aware of things that were going on.

Yeah. That too. :/
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Emergency power to Ship Promotion III.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Funny. I remember making it a point that in my absence for there to be some GNN threads made. I'll check with why that didn't happen.