test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where fid all the Jem'Hadar dreadnought carriers go

Just picked up the game again after a long absence and one of the first things I noticed was that this ship seems to have droped off the face of the galaxy. I used to see at least one or two of these things flying around now and then but since I've returned I haven't seen a single one. Has it lost its viability

In my curiosity I broke out my old JHDC and ran some advanced ques. It feels just as satisfyingly destructive to fly now as it ever did ripping apart borge cubes and even these new herald ships so why has the ship become so scarce?

343rguu.jpg

Comments

• Options
    zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    I swear I always make one stupid typo. facepalm
    343rguu.jpg

• Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I see them from time to time. They are still somewhat common, but they aren't the new shiny t6 so they've lost some popularity.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I see them from time to time. They are still somewhat common, but they aren't the new shiny t6 so they've lost some popularity.

This.

They'll probably pop up in masses once we get the DS9 themed S11. Wouldn't be surprising to see jem ships all over the place then.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Speaking of which can we finally get the Jem'hadar Battlecruiser as a playable ship?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    I guess a dominion-II lockbox isn't out of the question anymore, as we've seen with the xindi. So maybe sometime in S11?
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I see them on a fairly regular basis.

Carriers overall are less common then they used to be because Cryptic just keeps hammering pets with constant nerfs, but the JHDC is still one of the best carriers in the game. At T5U it's a very capable ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    I see them on a fairly regular basis.

Carriers overall are less common then they used to be because Cryptic just keeps hammering pets with constant nerfs, but the JHDC is still one of the best carriers in the game. At T5U it's a very capable ship.

Especially if they have the jhas pets. Call me crazy but I don't think it's a mere coincidence that right after the sci-dread promo we got the T6 bugship promo right before S11.
  • Options
    I have those pets. I don't keep an eye on how much damage they dish out so I cant judge that but they seem to be rather durable
    343rguu.jpg

• Options
    humblesheephumblesheep Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Still going strong every day and I've got to say it performs better than my Strike Ship and I've spent twice as much on the SS than the Dread.
  • Options
    sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The pets cost more than the ship.
    I wanted to buy a Dreadnaught, and I decided on the Ateleth because I wanted a ship that was T6, more obscure and had less Tac-focused seating.

Pets don't do nearly as much DPS, but hey, they were cheap and the ship looks cool as hell.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I see one at times, but not as popular like they was. Most are still using the new T6s.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    I used to use my JHDC as my main ship, but Reciprocity rendered its Tac focus unnecessary for my gameplay style and I moved on to other ships. I still have it of course and may pull it out again at some point, but its bridge officer layout just isn't right for me anymore.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    If it makes you feel better OP, I will break out my Jem Dread when the final Iconian mission drops... it served me very well, but I am trying to get more use out of my ultra rare ships like the Jem Strike Ship and Annorax Temporal ships
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,827 Arc User
    I've seen one recently in a STF...I have the JHDNC but I don't really play the character anymore...if I could box it and sell the ship I would :p
  • Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    OP, you have inspired me to get my JHDC out again. Now if only I had good fighters on that toon or enough dil to buy new ones... Oh well, I guess it will just have to be standard Jem fighters or Advanced S'Kuls. (Don't mock me please :( , that toon rarely uses a carrier, so its the best he's got. I had a Kar'Fi phase a while ago and went way overboard in the dil store before I knew what they were like. o:) )
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    They got obsolete, even with frigates. Mine is in the dry dock. The Zen command battlecruisers are better. And let's not talk about Sheshars, fully decked out those are absolute beasts.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    I have it but I dont fly it flyn the JHSS on that toon and I also see JDC around
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I've seen one recently in a STF...I have the JHDNC but I don't really play the character anymore...if I could box it and sell the ship I would :p

If it was firing antiproton dual beams there's a good chance that was me
    343rguu.jpg

• Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    i'm working on T6 ship traits once that's complete Deety will return to Sword of Barsoom and Drummond to either Odyssey class Altair or recluse class Tarazed. really thinking with the omni tet beam from butterfly and a crafted 360 tet and the cutting beam, a tet build can be very viable, and it will allow use of the fighter console for the weavers
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    My precious Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier is mothballed. It's still the flagship for my Federation Vulcan Engineer. It's still my favorite ship in the game. It's still the ship I wish could have a Universal Lt.Commander slot. It's still the ship I Dread-nought-a-thing while I pilot it.

Maybe Season 11 will be as monumental as Legacy of Romulus. If not, then I don't see any reason to pilot my JHDC any longer. The way carrier pets have been beaten half to death is sad. It's sad because now every cruiser has a hangar bay, so it doesn't make sense to nerf hangar pets to death, then offer them on every new cruiser.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    I have an active Jem Dread on my pseudo-Jem captain (KDF Faction), but all my FED, KDF, RR race captains use the ships appropriate to their race instead of the Jem lockbox/lobi ships. The use of them on those toons just wasn't very immersive and even the Jem ships get dull after a while. If STO does a T6 version of this ship then you might see more out in space.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    Both of my Enginers are using a Jem'Hadar Dreadnought. In fact, that is the only ship they use. And I have NO plans to upgrade.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.