test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning : Questions regarding PvE Queues and bonuses

soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
Hey Captains,

Few questions if someone would be so kind to answer;
    * Daily bonus is only for each reputation set? * When does the daily bonus reset? * Is there a place to view when it has reset(or if you're eligible for a bonus)? * What is your favorite queue, currently? * What's the purpose of doing advanced/elite over normal ; just the crafting items?

Back when I played consistently there wasn't a 1/4 of these instances, although it seems like a lot are abandoned right now?

Comments

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Daily bonuses are for each rep and rest every 20 hours. There is no way to see, as far as I know, when they reset. Advanced and elite provide more of a challenge for players and grant more rewards. More marks and better crafting materials. Most of the queues are empty because normal doesn't have good enough rewards and the advanced and elite queues can't be competed with any consistency with a pug group.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Let's see:

1) Each Reputation Set, yes. So you can get a bonus for all six (seven?) reps a day
    2) Every 20 hours. So if you get yours at 10 AM, it'll reset at 6 AM the next day
    3) No, sadly.
    4) Honestly, I don't touch queues much anymore, but if I do, it's usually Infected: The Conduit Advanced or Crystalline Cataclysm Advanced
    5) Advanced/Elite nets you elite marks needed to craft MOST items in the rep line. Only ones who don't need it are the Omega ship weapons and the entire Nukara line and New Romulus.

ETA: As for the queues being empty, there are a number of reasons - many people already have the gear and completed everything, you don't have to run the queues because most ground/space areas can grant you the elite marks nowadays (though only like 1-2 a day for most) and the aforementioned PUG problem, though that's a major YMMV
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Tholian Red Alert is special since it gives you the daily rep for both Romulan and Nukara reps if you haven't earned them already. Otherwise it just gives 10 marks each.

If a queue says "choice of marks" you can take your pick. It will show the reward box as blue if you already have that daily, purple if you do not.

For Dyson marks you can earn them easily by doing missions in the Solanae Dyson sphere and then going to the ground battlezone for the elite marks and a decent amount of dil.

For Counter-command / Undine marks you can earn piles of them in the Undine space battlezone once you've gone to the Solanae Dyson sphere. You'll also earn the elite marks and piles of low-EC loot.