test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tac Command Cruiser, Help?! :D

Greetings!

Finally i collected 3000 Zen Points tu purchase the Tac Command Cruiser. I Like the Support Mechanics of this one but ist curious.

Before the Tac Command Cruiser, the Sovereign was my Main Ship, the Iconians had no choics even not the Elachi now with the new Cruiser, it feels that my damage Output has droped very hard with the same Items :<

i spend time to make it clearly:
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=taccmdbuild_0

Any advice what i could change for a better pve? :open_mouth:

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    (The skill planner doesn't show the item levels? If they aren't already, upgrade your weapons and tactical consoles to Mark XIV)

Replace the high yield torpedo with Beam Fire At Will III, perhaps? BFAW is the key damage buff for a beam-based build, and between torpedo spread and high yield torpedo, torpedo spread is now generally the preferable power.

Most people would probably ditch the torpedoes entirely, but if you like having torpedoes in the mix, you might want to look into special reputation torpedoes like the Gravimetric Torpedo or the Neutronic Torpedo, or into the Particle Emission Torpedo (Crafting).

If you can, replace your emergency powers with a single instance each of Emergency Power to Shields and Emergency Power to Weapons and slot some Damage Control Engineer DOFFs. Emergency Power to Weapons should be the higher level of the two, probably.

Aux to Dampeners is fun, but not really that relevant for the effectiveness of your build. Might want to slot an extra heal (Aux to Structural Integrity) there. Eject Warp Plasma is also not so great (but of course, is also fun with A2D).
    Directed Energy Modulation might be a better buff. The last patch buffed Aceton Beam, maybe it's also worth a try, but I haven't heard anything on it yet.

Oh, and I say this almost every time when I give build advice, particular when people switched ships: Don't forget to set your energy levels - which usually means you want to max out your weapon power.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    cirte86cirte86 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Well, havent add the Level cause to much work, all items mk12 ... sad i know got at the Moment not the ressources to upgrade them. Need to look anyway, whats the fast way.

Will look and replace some items/skills, maybe i find some good torp alternatives :)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    cirte86 wrote: »
    Well, havent add the Level cause to much work, all items mk12 ... sad i know got at the Moment not the ressources to upgrade them. Need to look anyway, whats the fast way.
    Superior Upgrade Kits, Omega Upgrade Kits, special mission reward upgrade kits, or the exchange are the best and almost only sources for gear with Marks XIII and XIV. The highest that can drop is basically Mark XII, the rest is either a rare mission reward, or via upgrades.
    So that means you need EC and Dilithium.

If you don't have that, work on it while you optimize your bridge officer loadout. That you can probably do without any big cost problems. Worst case is if you need a Rank III Power and can't make a training manual yourself.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    cirte86cirte86 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    i can build various upgrade items, its more this silly dilithium cap per day :->
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    The tactical command battlecruiser suffers from a lack of weapon system efficiency cruiser command, so energy weapons will be missing some damage potential from the lack of energy in weapons subsystem. The primary issue I see with the OP's build is it's lack of focus. In general, builds that use a torpedo or two have less DPS than it could have with a heavy energy focus or torpedo focus. With all the things available to use to boost energy reserves these days, the old adage of using torpedoes in the build to keep weapon power from being drained too much is a thing of the past. If you use a torpedo, it's usually for a kinetic focused setup, to complete a setup to boost energy weapons somehow, or for a build that more closely emulates what you saw in the Star Trek shows and movies.

Here is a link to my kinetic focused build of a KDF tactical command battlecruiser, which should be virtually identical except in looks to your Presidio tactical command battlecruiser.
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=tcbckinetic02_0
    I'm kinda new to kinetics, but outside of a few heals, most of the build is focused to provide more DPS for kinetics and radiation.

If you are going for an energy weapon build, then you should have EPTW in there somehow, preferably EPTW3.
    Your tactical looks like you might be using reciprocity, except for using 2 torpedo weapon mods. If you are using reciprocity, use torp spread3/ high yield 3 along with concentrate firepower for kinetic focused builds, or BFAW3 for beam array/ dual beam bank focused energy weapon builds. Because trying to use both makes your build a jack of all trades, master of none kind of thing, you'll continually feel it's under-performing until you take a leap and pick which side of the fence to play on, kinetics or energy weapons. Since most folks go with energy weapon setups, I'd focus it with all energy weapons with CRTDx3, CRTDx2 PEN, CRTDx4 and CRTDx3 PEN mods on them where possible, use vulnerability locators in the tactical console slots instead of exploiters, ditch the multi-energy relay since it's phaser/ disruptor damage boost is inferior to even phaser relays or disruptor indiction coils, and tweak the bridge officer stations for a particular focus.
    You should not use 3 EPTx abilities in your build. 2 or 4 can be made to function optimally. There are 3 main build types, with 1 having a sub type, Dragon, Drake and A2B.

I'll provide a very basic energy weapon bridge officer setup suggestion as if you do not have reciprocity, all hands on deck, etc. Reciprocity especially makes a big difference in how to set the ship up.
    Below is essentially a dragon build, using 4 EPTx abilities (2 of one kind and 2 of another)
    LT Uni (TAC) - BFAW1, APB1
    LCDR TAC - TT1, APB1, BFAW3
    CDR ENG/ CMD - EPTS1, ET2, EPTW3, A2SIF3
    LT ENG - EPTS1, EPTW2
    LT Sci - HE1, ST2

Active Duty Space roster
    2 conn officers that reduce tactical team recharge (2 purple or 1 purple with 1 blue)
    2 Maintenance engineers that reduce engineering team recharge
    1 Development lab scientist to reduce science team recharge (2 if you have a 6th slot available)

There are several other ways to set this ship up to take advantage of certain opportunities like command abilities, so it's only a simple suggestion or starting point.

Below is a link to a video I put up on youtube that describes the 3 main build types in some detail. It's focused more on tanking, but the information is still very useful to those who do not want to tank since it gives the basics of building using dragon, drake and A2B.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFF2LUxRWxQ