test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega Weapon Amplifier Uptime

What's the uptime for the buff from the Omega Adapted 2-piece?

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Omega_Weapon_Amplifier

That one? 3 seconds isn't very long, but if it procs a lot, maybe it'd be nice?

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    It procs often enough to be worthwhile on most builds. Hard to figure out exact up times on it, but it's a noticeable help on most builds.

If you have Emergency Weapon Cycle (T6 Battlecruiser pack) Starship Trait on a Drake or Dragon build and high EPS, it becomes superfluous, though.
  • Options
    farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    How good is the Weapons Cycle trait? I don't own the pack.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    Very good. It stays on as long as EPtW is active, and that can have a 100% uptime by either using it twice or (nearly 100%) by using Damage control doffs.

In the meantime your weapon power drain will be reduced, and you will fire faster (though I am not so sure wether or not the last thing is currently true, even though it stood in the Patchnotes).
  • Options
    Could you be specific? Like does it prevent 10% drain, 20% drain?
  • Options
    jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Think it was 33% definately worthwhile. And the 20% haste does work now too as many have tested.
  • Options
    Think it was 33% definately worthwhile. And the 20% haste does work now too as many have tested.

That sounds like it should be illegal.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    Its 25% drain resistence, but due to the formulas behind, it translates to -33% absolute drain. And thats working as intended.
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Its 25% drain resistence, but due to the formulas behind, it translates to -33% absolute drain. And thats working as intended.

You usually know what you're talking about, and this one is out of left field to me. I'd love to know the source on that or the explanation, if you could be so kind.

SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!