test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [September 3, 2015]

yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 13 Administrator
edited September 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Greetings Captains!

We will be having our regularly scheduled maintenance tomorrow, 9/3 at 7AM PDT for 2 1/2 hours. You can check out our patch notes and the changes we'll be making here.

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team
Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
| Support | [YouTube |

Comments

• eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    A solid list of fixes in this patch. I'm especially liking the core game crash/stability/performance focus patches have been doing of late. Keep up the good work!

The fleet weekly projects I feel still need FM inputs raised and FC inputs reduced, but it's a start.

Hyper-capacitor shields sounds very interesting. Shield heals effectively become weapon buffs. Cool idea.

How's the new Aceton beam DoT stack work? Does the DoT effectively get stronger the longer it lingers on a target?
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    When's that in your timezone?

Some nice fixes incoming tomorrow.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Ah finally, no more Crystalline! I can relax and just enjoy the Dil I have and not worry-

Crystalline Cataclysm event has been extended to 9/7/15 at 10:00 AM.

GOD DANG IT! WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT!?!?
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    Time to see if those KHG uniform fixes actually work lol. Its been said many times over the years since they were broken but hopefully as much detail stated about them hopefully we got a working fix this time :) Although woulda been really cool if they said okay KHG fix and T6 bop at once it would set off a massive heart attack chain reaction all throughout the empire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    ak255 wrote: »
    Ah finally, no more Crystalline! I can relax and just enjoy the Dil I have and not worry-

Crystalline Cataclysm event has been extended to 9/7/15 at 10:00 AM.

GOD DANG IT! WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT!?!?

Because a whole lot of people were unable to play due to Cryptic's ISP being on the fritz, so it just makes sense to extend it and give people a few extra days to catch up.
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    • Resolved a number of issues involving FX related crashes.
    • Resolved an issue which was causing occasional crashes involving the UI

*Applause*
    Added Yvonne Craig to the memorial plaque

*Further Applause*
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Weeeeeeeeee! :D
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    I know that I've seen that pic before, but it tickled me today. :D
    Thanks for the laugh.

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    I know that I've seen that pic before, but it tickled me today. :D
    Thanks for the laugh.

Np.

Lots of nice bug fixes, that is if they actually work. LoL. :D
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    I hope some of these fixes resolve the freezing up during map transfers. That is most annoying.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    Well, that's an impressive list of fixes and adjustments. Unfortunately ...

Plasma Feedback Cascade now reflects damage back to the first attacker who hits with a ranged energy weapon.

So this is no longer an AoE? Pretty much takes it from 'must have' to 'not worth using a kit slot'. I would agree it was probably a bit too powerful as it was, but this makes it almost completely useless. I'd rather have seen it kept AoE but have the damage cut by 30% or so.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited September 2015
    Well, that's an impressive list of fixes and adjustments. Unfortunately ...

Plasma Feedback Cascade now reflects damage back to the first attacker who hits with a ranged energy weapon.

So this is no longer an AoE? Pretty much takes it from 'must have' to 'not worth using a kit slot'. I would agree it was probably a bit too powerful as it was, but this makes it almost completely useless. I'd rather have seen it kept AoE but have the damage cut by 30% or so.

No no. The problem with Plasma Feedback Cascade is that it wasn't working at all for a while. They are fixing it so it works like it's suppose to, as it was originally. It's always worked as a chain attack, similar to the Isometric charge console or Nukara T5 reputation trait. It hits 1 target then bounces to other targets near the first. Edit: And you don't target an enemy with it. You get a "buff" for a few seconds and when you get shot by an enemy is when it goes off.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    I'm happy they're extending CCE too, I need three more shards on one of mine. Soon as maint is over he'll be going in for one today.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • sjarlatansjarlatan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    When is cryptic going to fix the time delay on space skills? If you activate cannon rapidfire+attack pattern+tac team your rapidfire is wasted, as attack pattern and tac team creates so much delay the cannons wont fire at all.

Secondly, your 'Report a bug' option in game does not work, only says service unavailable.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User

So this is no longer an AoE? .

No no. The problem with Plasma Feedback Cascade is that it wasn't working at all for a while. They are fixing it so it works like it's suppose to, as it was originally. It's always worked as a chain attack, similar to the Isometric charge console or Nukara T5 reputation trait. It hits 1 target then bounces to other targets near the first. Edit: And you don't target an enemy with it. You get a "buff" for a few seconds and when you get shot by an enemy is when it goes off.
    Hmm, I am well aware of how the Cascade works - I use it on all my characters. It works great with the graviton spike kit - trigger both, then peg a target, watch the spike gather them all together and damage the group. Of course, one or more take exception to you and shoot back, which triggers the cascade. What's left can generally be cleaned up pretty easily.

I just read the patch note as saying that it would only damage the first attacker, and no longer chain. Rereading it now, I *still* think that is how it reads. Wouldn't' be the first time we've had unclear patch notes. I gotta admit, tho, I didn't realize it had been broken. My old computer at home is so decrepit that most visual effects don't show up at all, so I only know the cascade works when things are dying from it.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I hope some of these fixes resolve the freezing up during map transfers. That is most annoying.

Amen to that!
    server_hamster6.png
  • dimitrikdimitrik Member Posts: 10 Arc User

Yeah. No changes of note here yet. It crashes or freezes still, right after the Iconian War splash page. So unless they add more to this patch before the servers go back up, those of us getting locked out due to the DirectX bug are still left twiddling our thumbs.
  • pmaddenpmadden Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Romulan Drones 'sensor Distortion' no longer affects Players?

Where the logic in that? that almost the point of them!

I Beg You, Please Undo That Change.
  • idntwannasignidntwannasign Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Erm isnt it past the Downtime that was mentioned.. I still cant login into the game!
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    Still freezing on map transfers :(
    server_hamster6.png
    is the game online again??? i cant seem to connect to it..
  • ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    is the game online again??? i cant seem to connect to it..

It is.

signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
    Dammit it... y cant i connect to the game then... keeps saying unable to establish connection to patch server!
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Problems with this patch it won't download even If I use the ARC launcher and I get "version miss-match"
    I had to force verify the files
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    The new Radiant Subatomic Field is wonderful. Thank you.
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
    LOL patched it up and found out yet again the patch did nothing to fix KHG costumes lol.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015
    LOL patched it up and found out yet again the patch did nothing to fix KHG costumes lol.

You need to go to the Tailor and edit the affected costume. That will automatically fix the problem, even if you don't change anything else.

Nadi Drex, my KDF Joined Trill, would like to thank the devs for curing her chestlessness. :smiley: That gaping hole was rather ... disturbing.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    *Resolved a number of issues involving FX related crashes.
    *Resolved an issue which was causing occasional crashes involving the UI.
    *Resolved an issue which occasionally caused a crash when a mission objective would update.

I'm gonna throw the bs flag on these... This is the third week we've been seeing these crash fixes, and I'm STILL having to log in in safe mode to avoid a crash every time I change maps...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited September 2015
    bberge1701 wrote: »

You need to go to the Tailor and edit the affected costume. That will automatically fix the problem, even if you don't change anything else.

Nadi Drex, my KDF Joined Trill, would like to thank the devs for curing her chestlessness. :smiley: That gaping hole was rather ... disturbing.

Yeah I know how to use the tailor but all of the ones I attempted that got it after Season 7 were still greyed out and not working. I'll probably try again but I am pretty sure its another failed attempt to fix them.

Edit: I found the problem that wasn't reflected in the notes because maybe they said it once in a post no one ever read or I somehow missed. You have to take each affected character to commander roxy on ds9 and register your xii gear so that it gives you new pieces to activate the accolade that was bugged. After all of that it will then work in the tailor editting.
    Post edited by zeuxidemus001 on