test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tales of the War - Final Episode - how would you have it end?

Admiral Nog looked up from his plate of tube grubs and smiled at his friend, Jake Cisco. “So, how is the new book coming along?”

Jake shrugged, “Good I guess. It’s actually about Starfleet. In the story, they’re in an alliance with the Klingons and Romulans and fighting against a powerful enemy. “ Jake sipped at his iced tea. “Funny thing though…I haven’t decided what to call the aliens they’re fighting.”

Nog looked out the window behind his friend, the New Orleans street in front of the restaurant lit up by the radiance of a full moon. “How about…the Zebulons?”

Jake raised an eyebrow. “I don’t know…it doesn’t sound quite right. I was thinking along the lines of…the Iconians. ”
Nog looked up at his friend as if he’d seen a ghost, his fork falling from his hand. “Where did you come up with that name?”

Jake Cisco picked at his lasagna. “Well…the whole idea for the book came to me in a dream. In the dream, my dad visited me. He was speaking to me about a terrible war that decimated Starfleet, the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Republic. He told me about an enemy that wielded enormous power…he called them…the Iconians. The dream seemed so real. I know it was just a dream though. I liked the name. It has an ominous ring to it. I think I’m going to use it.”

“Do me a favor, Jake...” Nog could see the Iconian vessels emerging from the dark rifts, their weapon systems decimating alliance vessels with single shots. In his mind, he could still hear the calls for help over the ship’s comm. He remembered the Iconian dreadnoughts drifting through the rubble like great space leviathans. Nog picked up his fork from the tabletop and placed it on his plate, “...use the Zebulons.”

Jake smirked, “What’s with the Zebulons? It sounds kind of silly.”

“That’s exactly what readers are looking for in a serious story…something to lighten things up a bit. After all…who could imagine an enemy so powerful that they could destroy Starfleet, the Klingons and the Romulans all in one fell swoop? I mean…the whole concept is kind of absurd.” Nog wiped his brow. The tube grubs were especially good tonight, but he’d suddenly lost his appetite.

“The Borg gave everyone a good scare. They’re still out there. Who knows. Not that I’m hoping anything like this would ever happen. After all, that’s why we have commanders like you.” Jake smiled at his friend.

Nog returned Jake’s smile. “I’m hoping that we never have to face that day…at least…not on my watch.”
klingon-bridge.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    I would have finish it with The End.
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    I'd leave it where it is, and simply work on an Iconian war revamp. Replacing every episode at least on the latter half of it. Every episode from "Time in a bottle" imho should just be taken out like the bags of trash they are.
  • Options
    k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    "Computer, end program."
    Then plz make a better culmination of all the storytelling pre Season 10.
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    General Kagran's personal log.

Oopsy daisy, well wadda yar know eh? I record this personal log from the last ship left against the Iconians, after my rousing success in Operation:Broken Circle I gave the order to repeat the tactic, our glorious losses now total 5 billion Klingon, Federation, and Romulan deaths. Sto-vo-kor is overflowing with heroes and best of all, the Iconians are tripping over our bodies, I saw one hurt her ankle a bit as she tripped on bits of 900 members of the Order of the Bat'leth.

I've now given orders for the shields to be taken offline, a true warrior needs no shields, I will open a window and fight the Herald ships hand to hand. As I prepare for my final stand it is my only regret I had no more Clone Emperors to send valiantly to face the enemy.

When my time comes and I arrive at the gates of Sto-vo-kor I hope Kahless himself will see the size of my honour, it is indeed enormous, far outstripping the honour of lesser men.

Kagran out (with honour).​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Whatever happens the timeship will have to be destroyed-temporal incursion to itself to stop it ever existing to reset the maps but with the iconian solution saved in the shielded core
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Captain's log.

The Iconian thread has been eliminated, after shifting through endless databases we found the answer to all our problems, during the Enterprise-D era, they've accidentally attracted several thousand versions of the ship to our universe, we've decided to replicate the incident, the Iconians were no match for 234.342.681 Enterprises.

End log.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    If this weekend is any indication (Elachil alert's back!), the Elachi accidentally converted the Iconeans, and now their forces are in disarray. The war didn't end so much as peter out.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    kyrrok wrote: »
    I'd leave it where it is, and simply work on an Iconian war revamp. Replacing every episode at least on the latter half of it. Every episode from "Time in a bottle" imho should just be taken out like the bags of trash they are.

^^ Or more stuff not related to the main plot.

Herald RA Patrols? (That lurk in the Iconia Sector chasing lvl 60 players)
    More "War" missions.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I would have Nog set the Kremin weapon to fire unto itself, thus canceling out everything that has occurred, since meeting these crazed Time-Meddling Krenim's.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    kyrrok wrote: »

^^ Or more stuff not related to the main plot.

Herald RA Patrols? (That lurk in the Iconia Sector chasing lvl 60 players)
    More "War" missions.

Add a herald battlezone and it's a deal!

:( Sadly none of that is in the cards, least of all now as the Iconian war is winding down.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    I'd end it like DS9 did - after having the good guys go to the most extreme ends to defeat an enemy that would rather see the galaxy burn, DS9 did what TNG never did, and won over its greatest villain with a literal hand of kindness.

Be it returning something they've lost or righting a wrong that should never have happened, it would go a long way towards setting the tone of New Dawn if the war ended in a mutual peace and not the terms STO's other conflicts came to.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I'd like it to end with the Iconians posing for Playboy.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I for one am prepared to serve our benevolent Iconian overlords.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    I'd like it to end with the Iconians posing for Playboy.

I just spit up my coffee. Thanks for a good laugh.
    klingon-bridge.jpg