test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CC event: disconnected at start, game put me back into finished instance

I haven't been having the connection issues some players have been having, but today I got disconnected, twice on 1 character.

So, I logged into a few characters, started a couple doff assignments, rep projects, and did the Crystalline Cataclysm event.

Then the next character I log into I get disconnected from the game a couple minutes later while I was just standing around at DS9 when I went AFK. Checked my internet connection and it was fine so I logged back in.

About 10 minutes later, on this same character, I entered the Crystalline Cataclysm event (normal mode). Immediately I got hit with 'server not responding' for about 15 seconds, then disconnected from the game.

I managed to log back into the game in about 10 seconds or so, but the game didn't put me back into the instance I just started, which shouldn't have even been close to half way completed. It put me into an instance that JUST finished instead. The leave map button with the timer was on screen.

What's worse is I didn't get any reward at all and the event was on a 30 minute cooldown. :rage: (at the time of writing this I still have about 18 minutes left before I can enter the event again)

Comments

• kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    I can't really blame you for being upset. That's not all. Some people who get excessive lag, or DCed or crashed, by the time they can get back into action, it's all over and they get beat with the AFK banstick for their trouble. Cute, :| real cute.
  • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    It was nicer to you than it was to me the last three times I've had that exact same thing happen to me....I got put back into the instance I was in (I assume, it was still going on) but it kicked me off the team and warped me out of the instance and gave me the 2 hour leaver penalty :(

Fortunately, I was able to complete the Event Rep Mission on the two characters I was running through it, so it really didn't affect me too badly. Still, it was really annoying at the time.

Qapla'!
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I didn't get the 2 hour leaver penalty. The game just thought I had finished the mission.

I didn't have any further problems after that and was even able to enter the event again and get my crystal shard and all.

The game can be a bit frustrating at times. :neutral:
  • joc#8855 joc Member Posts: 39 New User
    Get used to it. It's called Star Trek ONLINE.