test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'fill all' button for reputation projects

I would really like it if we could have an option in the reputation system to fill all requirements in one click. I can't imagine I'm the only one.

Also, some normal shoes would be nice. It's all boots or heels. Why can't we have some casual shoes? And sandals are not shoes.

Comments

• drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    I would love a one-button complete for this and for Fleet Projects. I've given up doing Rep projects due to it's lack, it's just too time-consuming for me to bother with across multiple characters and I've grown to hate it so much that I don't even bother with it on my main.

I also echo your footwear request. Also it would be nice if I can put the Mercenary upper on female BOFFs (it's completely missing from the options). I can put them on males, and on PCs (male or female).
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    I'd love to not have to deal with finicky slider after slider.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,613 Arc User
    Only if there is an "are you sure?" popup for 750-mark space gear projects.
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    Let's be frank, a "fill all" button would be far too convenient.
    /channel_join grind
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    How about a "fill all" button for that god-awful prisoner labor camp doff mission, too? :D
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Oooh yes, fill all would be nice...
    6tviTDx.png

• vecternalvecternal Member Posts: 29 Arc User

I can see how you can mistakenly slot the hourly project instead of the daily one, but slotting a gear project by mistake is not very likely. Non the less an 'are you sure?' pop-up is fine by me. As long as I don't have to fill each slider one at the time on multiple reputations and multiple toons. It's a recipe for carpal tunnel in the current way.
  • borgified007borgified007 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    That would be too easy. You must spend time in the game manually moving sliders one way or another.
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    That would be too easy. You must spend time in the game manually moving sliders one way or another.
    Agreed. Intentionally cumbersome UIs appear to be part of the design philosophy for some of the time sinks in STO.
    /channel_join grind
    Why would it be too easy? It's not a skill to move sliders. And there's no indication that this was done intentionally. A very similar example would be donating doffs to fleet projects. That has been changed by request, which would in fact indicate that it wasn't done intentionally.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    The sliders don't bother me at all. I could live with them forever. It just takes one second to move it to the right.

Buying 250 photon torpedo launchers one freaking torpedo launcher at a time for my military projects? That drives me nuts.

Also why does a theoretical modeling project need 2,000 shield generators? Explain how this many shield generators could possibly be used for theoretical modeling? 2,000 chalkboards I could understand. Shield generators? No.
    The sliders don't bother me at all. I could live with them forever. It just takes one second to move it to the right.

If it's just one project, true. But when doing the hourly continued support on all 7 reputations for multiple characters, that's when it becomes a problem.

Buying 250 photon torpedo launchers one freaking torpedo launcher at a time for my military projects? That drives me nuts.

You can drag the shop window to the point where the 'buy' button is on the same spot as the 'ok' button of the pop-up. Then you can just keep clicking the same spot. If you have macro's on your mouse it's even better.
  • joc#8855 joc Member Posts: 39 New User
    STOP DREAMING IN COLORS THE DEVS DON'T EVEN PLAY THIS TRIBBLE GAME.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    vecternal wrote: »

I can see how you can mistakenly slot the hourly project instead of the daily one, but slotting a gear project by mistake is not very likely. Non the less an 'are you sure?' pop-up is fine by me. As long as I don't have to fill each slider one at the time on multiple reputations and multiple toons. It's a recipe for carpal tunnel in the current way.

You severely underestimate the stupidity of this game's players.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    well... people in general. if it can be screwed up it will be screwed up.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    well... people in general. if it can be screwed up it will be screwed up.

And then they will complain about how the game made it possible for them to TRIBBLE up in the first place.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    Now that we voiced our opinions about this and that, can we return to the topic please?
    Yes, it'd be nice to have....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited September 2015
    A fleet mate of mine found this tip:

Type the following in the chat window:
    /bind F5 "GenSliderSetNotch Guild_Holdings_Contributequantity_Slider 100.0 $$ GenButtonClick Guild_Holdings_Contributequantity_Ok"

This allows you to use F5 (can be different key if you want) to fill out the selected resource. Only a partial solution, but still a big improvement.