test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crateris and Gasko mentioned in Tales of the War-Were they repopulated?

It was interesting to see these to locations referenced. Was the plague on Crateris after the Elachi invasion and evacuation or was it but the harbinger of the events in the mission "Crossroads at Crateris"? As for Gasko station, was the comment about the chief of security before or after the Romulan and/or Federation player character "liberated" it? I would think after the events of "Dragon's Deceit" as the bluegills were revealed in that mission, and the Alpha/Beta Quadrant powers were not looking for them.

Speaking of the bluegills, it is clear that the events in DS9 Novels Unity, Unjoined, Lesser Evil, and Short story Sins of the mother never occurred in STO. That the Iconians wanted detailed information on species from the Alpha Quadrant tells me that the parasites are NOT related to the Trill as was the case in the novels. Shame, as the idea that Cardassians would be immune was quite interesting.

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Fed players liberate Gasko in "Desparate Measures", and Crateris was never damaged, just depopulated. So I'd say they were just recolonized by the Republic.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    Fed players liberate Gasko in "Desparate Measures", and Crateris was never damaged, just depopulated. So I'd say they were just recolonized by the Republic.

That sounds as reasonable an explanation as I could come up with
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    don't forget we are now in a different timeline after the events of butterfly (effect)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...