test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Transporter Effects

How come we do not see different Transporter effects I think it would pretty nice to have in the Game espicaly for the Die heart Star Trek fans
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Uh, we do. FED, KDF, and Romulans all have different transporter effects.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    It'd be nice if they were based on your current ship rather than faction. It's pretty weird to see my away team all beam up in Federation blue, except for my KDF officer who beams up in red.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    It'd be nice if we could disable them and cut down on the time it takes to transition between maps. The effects get real old and real tedious after you've seen them for years.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    It'd be nice if they were based on your current ship rather than faction. It's pretty weird to see my away team all beam up in Federation blue, except for my KDF officer who beams up in red.

Agreed. A party of 3 beams down from an Jem'hadar ship onto a Kobali transporter platform. The captain gets a Romulan transporter effect, the first officer gets a Starfleet one and the third guy comes in KDF red...yeah that makes a whole lot of sense. :(
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    Uh, we do. FED, KDF, and Romulans all have different transporter effects.
    Yes but what I mean is different versions like Original Series Gold effect Next Gen Blue the Movie line one that sort of once
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It'd be nice if we could disable them and cut down on the time it takes to transition between maps. The effects get real old and real tedious after you've seen them for years.

yea cos saving 5 seconds makes such a big difference, LOL.

STO would not be star trek enough without transporter effects.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

5 seconds each and every time for years gets old though. I don't need to see the effects anymore, now they're just a waste of time.

It would be different if the transport effects occurred during the loading screen, like the way Elite: Dangerous makes it seem like you're in deep space warping between systems when in fact it's loading the new map.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2015

5 seconds each and every time for years gets old though. I don't need to see the effects anymore, now they're just a waste of time.

It would be different if the transport effects occurred during the loading screen, like the way Elite: Dangerous makes it seem like you're in deep space warping between systems when in fact it's loading the new map.

and how do you know its not stealth loading in part during the beginning and end sequence of the transporter effect, just because there is a loading screen in-between, the total time of the two sequences together may not be enough to load all the data and so has to be filled out by the in-between loading screen.
    if this is the case and you would need to be a dev to know if it is or is not then removing the two sequences may not save any time at all and the highlights of the transporter effects may just make the longer loading screen shorter and less boring.
    in fact I believe this may be the case when at times the materialise part has cut in early for some reason and there has been a few more seconds of loading screen after.

same thing applies to the warp out and warp in of starships.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

If and only if it were possible to skip the effect on your own screen (go straight to loading the next map) while leaving the effect visible for others, I'd support an option to skip the effect. There are already too many circumstances in which characters/ships just appear and disappear and it looks incredibly lame.

And yes, it would be extremely cool if the loading screens were replaced with relevant context-sensitive animations.
  • jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    and how do you know its not stealth loading in part during the beginning and end sequence of the transporter effect...

Because I can launch pets and other abilities before warp in animation.
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    aesica wrote: »

Agreed. A party of 3 beams down from an Jem'hadar ship onto a Kobali transporter platform. The captain gets a Romulan transporter effect, the first officer gets a Starfleet one and the third guy comes in KDF red...yeah that makes a whole lot of sense. :(

^This.

However we will probably never see it because it may be tied with the engine capabilities.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I heard that the reason transporter effects do not line up with ship tech is because the transporter effect is tied to a character emote, and each species has a different emote for that.

...which IMHO is a BS excuse. Just give every species every transporter effect emote and program them to use the proper one on each beam-out by checking what ship they have or what they're beaming to in-story.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I heard that the reason transporter effects do not line up with ship tech is because the transporter effect is tied to a character emote, and each species has a different emote for that.

...which IMHO is a BS excuse. Just give every species every transporter effect emote and program them to use the proper one on each beam-out by checking what ship they have or what they're beaming to in-story.

And of course the usual Romulan fraction bug: Romulans will sporadically use the "beam me up, Scotty" animation for their allied species and then use the Romulan green beam-out. I keep laughing at my Fed Rom tapping an invisible combadge...
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    (...)

I am a hundred percent sure that sometimes even my KDF-Rom's Klingon crew members play the Romulan beam animation, so for certain situations like episodes and such they already do that.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    (...)

I am a hundred percent sure that sometimes even my KDF-Rom's Klingon crew members play the Romulan beam animation, so for certain situations like episodes and such they already do that.​​
    Now that you mention it, I might have remembered something like that happening to the crew of one of my RRFs. That should totally be more saturated than just KDF-allied BOFFs.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    It's annoying. I have a Reman captain with a Romulan BOFF who beam up green and a Jem'Hadar, Breen, and Alien who beam up blue to a Breen ship.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Hmm I didn't think of the effect disabling it would have on other players. But it's already sort of broken on other players. When I see people beam out from ESD or any ground zone, a lot of the time they don't activate their combadge or arm unit, they just vaporize out of nowhere.